playing nice with Air Force One

Old June 30th 07, 09:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Cubdriver

Default playing nice with Air Force One

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 05:53:40 -0700, Kingfish
wrote:

Sucks being grounded because the Commander in Cheese is visiting.

Turns out that his houseguest is Putin, which may explain why the TFR
is continuous until Dubya leaves on July 2. Usually they draw it up
after him, an hour or so after he leaves for Kennebunkport, and Pease
(and more important to me, Hampton Airport) are opened until he's
ready to go home again.

Blue skies! -- Dan Ford

Claire Chennault and His American Volunteers, 1941-1942
forthcoming from HarperCollins www.flyingtigersbook.com
Old June 30th 07, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Cubdriver

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 12:30:11 -0700, Hawkeye wrote:

The sniper was hanging
out the door with his big rifle.

Well, I'm awfully glad I was flying the American flag, in that case.
Here I was with binoculars and an aircraft radio ...

Old July 1st 07, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Dave S wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
.the helo over a loudspeaker told them to get inside
or they would be shot..

I have a problem with this. They were breaking no laws. The SS can come
and check if they want, but there is a constituional right to peaceably
assemble. And this is PRIVATE property no less.

I thought about responding to Hawkeye's version of events, but figured it
was so absurd there was no reason respond. Unless they were handing out
industrial-strength stupid pills to the Secret Service agents that day,
there is no way they would have ordered people legally on private property
to do anything - and certainly not threaten to shoot them via a
loudspeaker. And entering private property without consent of the owner
when no laws were being broken? The SS has been handed their ass in court
for even less abusive behavior than that - when they got caught.

If the SS did all that Hawkeye claimed, and nobody bothered to bring legal
action against the SS agents, then somebody must have handed out
industrial-strength stupid pills to the citizens that day.
Old July 1st 07, 01:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Wanttaja

On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 00:25:20 -0000, Jim Logajan wrote:

Dave S wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
.the helo over a loudspeaker told them to get inside
or they would be shot..

I have a problem with this. They were breaking no laws. The SS can come
and check if they want, but there is a constituional right to peaceably
assemble. And this is PRIVATE property no less.

I thought about responding to Hawkeye's version of events, but figured it
was so absurd there was no reason respond. Unless they were handing out
industrial-strength stupid pills to the Secret Service agents that day,
there is no way they would have ordered people legally on private property
to do anything....

One occasional participant in this newsgroup used to live in a house in the
midwest. A presidential motorcade was scheduled to pass by, so he plopped
himself down in his own front yard with a homemade sign critical of the
president. HE was told to remove the sign, go back in the house, or he'd be
arrested. On his own private property.

Damn straight they can arrest you. They handcuff you, haul you to jail, stick
you in a cell for eight hours, then turn you loose without charging you.
Sue...if you can afford it.

Ron Wanttaja
Old July 1st 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Ron Wanttaja wrote:
Damn straight they can arrest you. They handcuff you, haul you to
jail, stick you in a cell for eight hours, then turn you loose without
charging you. Sue...if you can afford it.

Yes, they do these things when they can get away with it. But threatening a
crowd with deadly force over a loudspeaker? Presumably there would have
been plenty of witnesses.
Old July 1st 07, 03:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee[_2_]

One occasional participant in this newsgroup used to live in a house in the
midwest. A presidential motorcade was scheduled to pass by, so he plopped
himself down in his own front yard with a homemade sign critical of the
president. HE was told to remove the sign, go back in the house, or he'd be
arrested. On his own private property.

Then they would have had to arrest me. What nonsense is that in
America.

Ron Lee
Old July 1st 07, 05:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ken Finney

"Ron Lee" wrote in message
One occasional participant in this newsgroup used to live in a house in
the
midwest. A presidential motorcade was scheduled to pass by, so he plopped
himself down in his own front yard with a homemade sign critical of the
president. HE was told to remove the sign, go back in the house, or he'd
be
arrested. On his own private property.

Then they would have had to arrest me. What nonsense is that in
America.

And if you do nothing else, you'd be out the next day and the best you can
hope for is that your neighbors/employer/customers would here that you have
been taken in for creating a nuisance. If you start making verbal threats
(which most people seem to do in these situations), that is assault of a
federal agent. And these aren't new laws, either. Better hope that they
aren't federal marshals; there was a person in the 1980s that verbally
assaulted a federal marshall, and when he (she?) blew off the court notice
thinking it was like a traffic ticket, was arrested. It's an old law from
the 19th century, but if you are convicted of assaulting a federal marshall,
you are not allowed to appeal the conviction until you have served the
sentence! The person spent several years in prison and had their life
destroyed. IIRC, the whole thing started because the federal marshalls
parked in front of the person's store, and he (she?) was afraid that the
presence of the marshalls (in a marked car) was driving customers away.

Old July 1st 07, 06:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Ron Wanttaja writes:

Damn straight they can arrest you. They handcuff you, haul you to jail, stick
you in a cell for eight hours, then turn you loose without charging you.
Sue...if you can afford it.

Or hire a press agent--cheaper and possibly more effective.
Old July 1st 07, 06:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

"Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com writes:

You want to know, YOU look it up and tell us.

There is no such law.
Old July 2nd 07, 01:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

Jim Logajan wrote in
:

If the SS did all that Hawkeye claimed, and nobody bothered to bring
legal action against the SS agents, then somebody must have handed out
industrial-strength stupid pills to the citizens that day.

They may not be able to shoot people off the tops of buildings (yet). But
I bet the SS could certainly arrest them, and detain them indefinitely as
terrorist suspects. The "perpetrators" sat in positions that might be
used by sniper terrorists to execute an attack on the President, and were
therefore an obvious threat to National Security.

It was the private security force of another historic leader that started a
similar trend in the 30's and 40's. They even used the same initials. But
their camps weren't in Cuba, and I don't think we're using our detainees as
slaves. It seems like we get closer and closer every day.

Terror is a powerful force. More powerful than airplanes.

I'll tell you this - if our SS starts buying their black suits from Hugo
Boss, I'm heading for the hills!

'Heil Dubya!'