Job well done

Old April 21st 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
WingFlaps

Default Job well done

On Apr 21, 1:56*pm, "Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote:
"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in 6.130...

WingFlaps wrote in news:ca4e24f8-ae1d-43a2-b5c9-
:

On Apr 19, 7:37 am, "tom418" wrote:

This is only an emergency because it looks good on TV. A gear up is
not a life threatening event.

It would have been even less of a risk and done a lot less less damage
to the plane if he had retracted the gear and stopped the engines and
done a belly landing

Maybe. We're told to get as many down as we can, though.

Bertie

Yeah, you're all just a bunch of dumb asses.

Well you got that wrong. It would be a _pace_ of dumb asses. Dumbass.

Bwhahahhahhahha

Cheers
Old April 21st 08, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
WingFlaps

On Apr 21, 1:58*pm, "Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote:
"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in 6.130...

Buttman wrote in
:

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 23:19:37 -0700, momalley81 sayeth:

Unless he had to go-around after feathering both engines.

Sorry, I'll minimize the damage as best I can while following
manufacturer's approved procedures. *I'm betting nowhere in the 'ho's
AFM does it say to shut down and feather both engines on short final.

There are a million emergencies that can occur in a plane where there
are no procedures written about in the POH. There's nothing in the
regs that say you have to follow all "emergency procedures" in an
emergency. Handling an emergency isn't about just following what the
book says.

They can't buy me a
new certificate when it gets yanked because I invented my own
emergency procedures.

Has this even ever happened before? Has there been an example of the
FAA going after someone who feathered the engines while doing a
belly-up?

If it was me, I'd consider feathering them, but only if I thought it
could be done effectively. If it's a three-blade, or a turboprop of
any kind, I won't do it. If there's a chance of going around I
wouldn't do it either, but since I learned to land consistently (back
in my pre-private checkride days) I've had to go around, what, twice?

You are an idiot.

Bertie

Your a dumb ass.

YOUR?

Bhahahhahahahaha. God I love usenet.

Cheers
Old April 21st 08, 04:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"WingFlaps" wrote in message
On Apr 21, 3:17 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
WingFlaps wrote in news:cc5e0db0-3e13-42b8-8d46-
:

On Apr 21, 2:07 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
WingFlaps wrote in news:3ba51b9f-6384-43cf-

9f74-
:

On Apr 20, 6:19 pm, wrote:
On Apr 18, 5:51 pm, WingFlaps wrote:

On Apr 19, 7:37 am, "tom418" wrote:

This is only an emergency because it looks good on TV. A gear

up
is
not a life threatening event.

It would have been even less of a risk and done a lot less less
damage
to the plane if he had retracted the gear and stopped the

engines
and
done a belly landing
.
Cheers

Unless he had to go-around after feathering both engines.

Why would he want to go around after short final? Are you saying

the
POH says land on on one wheel? Now apply some PIC skills. Which is
safer, a belly landing with engines off or the crash landing the

pilot
made?

Actually, a partial gear landing is considered safer. I've made on (

not
by choice, one failed on touchdown) and damage was minimal. The

airplane
was flying agian the next day.

S'funny you say that as I was reading some RAF stories from the war
and it seemed like gear up was the way to go. The touble with one
wheel down is what happens to the wing wen it catches on the ground
and starts a groundloop. It seems to me that accidental gear ups do
relativeley little damage to structure.

Well, in my case it happened at high speed and we did eventually
groundloop, bt at low speed and with little damage. The left prop got
it, but the boss did a crank check and found it OK, so it flew the next
day. Cracked drag link was the culprit. For large aircraft, even those
without underslung engines, they do recommend that we take whatever is
down. I know a few guys who have landed completely wheels up and the
damage was pretty heavy. A Beech 99, for instance ( lots of those have
been wheels up)

For the Gulfstream III landing with any two (2) gear legs down and
locked is preferred to landing
with only one gear down or all gear up. Should only one gear be
extended, it is recommended
that the gear be retracted and an all gear up landing be performed.
Landing with only
the nose gear down and locked is specifically not recommended.

Do you know why it would be different for heavies?

Cheers

No, but I sure he will make something up. He has a better imagination than
MX.

Old April 21st 08, 04:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"WingFlaps" wrote in message
On Apr 21, 1:58 pm, "Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote:
"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in
6.130...

Buttman wrote in
:

[...]

You must love it. You certainly waste enough hours of your life trying to be
a star on it.

Old April 21st 08, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip

On Apr 19, 7:37 am, "tom418" wrote:

This is only an emergency because it looks good on TV. A gear up is
not a life threatening event.

It would have been even less of a risk and done a lot less less damage
to the plane if he had retracted the gear and stopped the engines and
done a belly landing

Maybe. We're told to get as many down as we can, though.

Bertie

Yeah, you're all just a bunch of dumb asses.- Hide quoted text -

I'll pass your wisdom on to messr's Boeing and Airbus.

Bertie
Old April 21st 08, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip

On 21 Apr, 02:58, "Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote:
[...]

Your a dumb ass.- Hide quoted text -

I'm not and you know it.

Bertie
Old April 21st 08, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip

On 21 Apr, 04:59, "Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote:
"WingFlaps" wrote in message

[...]

a star on it.- Hide quoted text -

Me, I waste nothing.

Bertie
Old April 21st 08, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip

On Apr 19, 7:37 am, "tom418" wrote:

[...]

Yeah, but you're just a liar.- Hide quoted text -

Oh ouch, maxie's back and he's chewing big lumps out of me.

Ouch again.

Bertie

Old April 21st 08, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip

On Apr 19, 7:37 am, "tom418" wrote:

[...]

Cheers- Hide quoted text -

Nah, and it might not be like that for all of them. They don't giove
us a lot of info about stuff like that these days. they only tell us
what they want us to know. What they do recommned is that we shut down
all engines when the airframe begins to contact the ground ( in the
757, anyway)

Bertie
Old April 21st 08, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip

On Apr 19, 7:37 am, "tom418" wrote:

[...]

MX.- Hide quoted text -

Aww, not really, I can't imagine you being a pilot, for instance.

Bertie