Leaving the community

Old November 7th 04, 03:11 AM
Richard Hertz

"Cecil Chapman" wrote in message
. com...
But Jeff, the words hearken back to the situation that they arose from -
They had guns and when they wanted to oust the British control this was
INDEED handy! The second amendment just recognizes that it was important
for its' citizens to have access to guns in order to have a militia to
call, in times of threat.

It is more than just handy. It ensures our other liberties.

I go back to what I said before. The average citizen has NO need to have
armor piercing bullets (or rounds that will effectively do the same). Any
cop-friend will tell you is to get a shotgun for home protection, you just
point in the 'general direction' and you'll hit the intruder. Handguns
are just fine, too and I have had NO problem with the notion of
registration - though I would be remiss to point out that many crimes are
committed with stolen weapons, anyways.

No ****. Crimes are committed by criminals. All the anti gun laws in the
world aren't going to stop them.

I've just been saying that Joe Bob down the street doesn't need a shoulder
fired missile, armor piercing bullets, automatic weapons to defend his/her
home. Unless he is out in the woods and up against some real bad-assed
deer named Rambo grin.

You're an idiot. Who are you tto make up this crap about what another
person needs or wants? Ownership is not the problem - it never was. The
problem is the criminals.

What I DO agree with is that some of the legislation tries to blur the
line between automatic (already illegal) and semiautomatic. According to
one piece of legislation that almost went through out here in California,
a simple Marlin .22 rifle was going to be declared illegal because it had
a magazine that carried the specified amount of rounds - that kind of
thinking was absurd and even here in California that part of the
legislation got tossed out on its' butt. But,,,, an AK-47??? Joe Citizen
has NO needs for that.

I have an "AK-47" or rather the semi auto version from Romania. It is no
more lethal (in fact less so) than a decent hunting rifle. What people seem
to object to is the appearance of it. Do you have any idea what you are
talking about?

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL-IA
Student - CP-ASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -

Old November 7th 04, 03:13 AM
Cecil Chapman

I used to have a girlfriend

I'll bet you did,,, and then she realized you were a racist and off she
went - there's not much tolerance out here for mindless intolerance

actually saw a black person was when
she went to Oakland. I'm afraid you may be a victim of that same syndrome.

Not so,,, our former mayor (who kept getting reelected until he ran against
term limits - he was one of our finest mayors and did great things for our
city) of San Francisco, was definitely quite black! Also, you've obviously
never been in San Francisco for any appreciable length of time,,, I grew up
here.

One of my wife's coworkers related a story where she was attending a college
in the South and was amazed to see on the public bulletin board notices
regarding KKK meetings. Being from L.A. and Northern California, she
developed friendships with the blacks on campus. Then one day, she invited
two of her black girlfriends over to her dorm room. Her roommate wouldn't
say a word but would just glare at her guests. After her guests excused
themselves (clearly made uncomfortable by her roommate), her roommate went
on and told her "Don't you EVER bring one of THEM in this room".

My wife's friend finished the last few months of her semester and
transferred, elsewhere.

Have you not read anything lately? That stupid catch-phrase came out in the
60's, when queers first started to come above ground as part of the queer
rights movement. It was bogus then and it is bogus now.

Wow,,, the 'Q' word rolls off of your tongue as the 'N' word, I'd guess.
What are you so afraid of? jeesh

At this point, we don't know how many people are "born gay" and how many
adopt a gay lifestyle for whatever reason, including an inability to cope
with their straight sexuality.

I assume you like women, right? Just today,,,, without acting on it,,, I
want you to think about relating sexually with other males ------ WHAT ?
You can't do it? Sure ya can,,, it's a flexible 'choice' according to you.
shaking my head

If you weren't so afraid of 'catching' being gay and actually spoke with
regular gay citizens, you would find that they are as hard-wired into their
sexuality as you are (presumably) to women. I just don't get your 'fear'.

Showing the "gay lifestyle" as an attractive choice is probably not a good
idea for a pubescent child who is wrestling
with their own sexuality.

It's not being presented as an attractive or unattractive. Rather it is
being presented as yet another variation of human interaction and just as
valid as a relationship. Realistically, since there are people like you in
the world, why would anyone 'choose' (your word, not mine) to be gay - you
are made fun of, pointed at, called cruel names and in some parts of our
country killed by 'joe-bobs'. No one would CHOOSE to be gay, with all the
prejudice out there. They simply 'are' what they are. Just like you and I
can't 'help' our orientation.

Since you find no perils in associating with gays, why don't you start
dropping your own child off in the Castro on Saturday afternoons. I'm sure
some of the boys over there will be happy to teach him a lot of fun things.

We bring him into the Castro, often, during celebrations and events. We
would no more leave our nine year old on the street corner in the Castro
anymore than we would leave him alone in any other part of town, by himself.
Though we HAVE left him (without second thought) in the company of Gay &
Lesbian friends without a concern, because we knew the persons he was with,
were fine people. I also want to point out that (with the exception of
Catholic Priests) the majority of child molesters of boys AND girls are
straight men married to women in heterosexual relationships.

With regard to priests, always remember this: it's cheaper to pay than to
fight, and you don't get near as much publicity. And you will notice that a
lot of these so-called "victims" suffer from a lot of mental problems.

REALLY????, they suffer from mental problems after having been sexually
assaulted as a child by a man they have been taught to trust - MY
GOODNESS,,,, what IS wrong with them jeesh .... (just shaking my head at
your paragraph)

=-----

Old November 7th 04, 03:19 AM
Cecil Chapman

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

Yeah,,, unlike you I'm not a fearful paranoid, crowding arms into his
basement because he is SO sure he is going to 'liberate' the world should
the government ever (however unlikely) turn against its' citizens.. With
the weaponry our government has, it would squash you like an insignificant
bug on the windshield before you could exhale.

=-----

Old November 7th 04, 03:19 AM
Peter Duniho

"Newps" wrote in message
So which is it? Is the poll a fact or nearly a fact?

I've already said. Please keep up. The poll is a fact. They are 100%
correct about the fact they represent. They are reasonably (and more
importantly, usefully) close to 100% correct about the facts that they ask
about.

If you're having trouble distinguishing between the two, I recommend you
find a decent statistics book.

Old November 7th 04, 03:20 AM
Peter Duniho

"Bill Denton" wrote in message
"Homophobe"; the last refuge of the village idiot.

Ahh, yes. The ad hominem attack. The last refuge of the person without a
legitimate argument.

I've never heard an intelligent person use that term.

Not my fault. Plenty of intelligent people do.

Old November 7th 04, 03:35 AM
Cecil Chapman

Sorry Cecil, I won't argue the amendment. I let it stand on it's own as
interpreted by the SC. But when someone tries to misinterpret the meaning
in
order to further their agenda, I speak up.

But Jeff,,, I have no agenda... There is no 'plot' against you,,,, no
'secret conspiracy' that I'm trying to pull on you. jeesh "paranoia WILL
destroy ya" grin. I'm just trying to approach the issue, logically.
Also, the Supreme Court upheld the right to bear arms but in their decision
it was not stated that the reason for supporting the right was to assure
that the citizens of the U.S. could overthrow the government. Goodness,
Jeff!

Change the Constitution if you can, but trying to alter the original views
of Jefferson, Madison, Franklin, et al, by incorrectly using their words
is
a sure way to invalidate your argument and doom your cause to failure.

I'm not trying to change the Constitution (unlike Bush and Ashcroft who have
tried to strip away the most basic guarantees with the 'Patriot' Act). I
haven't altered any original views, at all.

But,,,, and I'm asking you to be rational here; do you REALLY think the
reason for the second amendment was that the founding fathers wanted to
assure that the citizenry would have the ability to overthrow the new
government that they were working SO hard to put into place? Jeff?
Really??? Isn't a more likely explanation that they recognized that their
new country didn't have a lot of money to fund purchasing weapons for a
formal army and that they wanted to insure that its' citizens had weaponry
so that they could be called up to fight in the event the new country was
attacked? .. "A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a
free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be
infringed"

--
If their intent was just that citizens had the right to bear arms, they
wouldn't have the line that comes before it. What is unreasonable about

--
=-----

Old November 7th 04, 03:41 AM
Cecil Chapman

I think Cecil would soil his undies if he checked out the .408 Cheyenne
Tactical.

Naw, just more of a man to know that it is the strength and fortitude INSIDE
a man that counts, as well as a strong desire for what is just and what is
right - and that having to own a huge metal appliance is just an attempt to
make-up for something lacking in that man's constitution and confidence.

=-----

Old November 7th 04, 03:43 AM
Cecil Chapman

I can send you a picture, of one, if you'd like?

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL-IA
Student - CP-ASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -
"Newps" wrote in message

Cecil Chapman wrote:

I have the right to own and fire my Mauser, and, as far as I'm concerned,
that
includes the right to be allowed to buy ammunition for it. Kerry tried to
ban that,

I almost forgot,,,,what for goodness sake do you need to be firing
ammunition as large as the type that the Mauser uses?

Do you even know what a Mauser is?

Old November 7th 04, 03:44 AM
Matt Whiting

Peter Duniho wrote:

"Newps" wrote in message

So which is it? Is the poll a fact or nearly a fact?

I've already said. Please keep up. The poll is a fact. They are 100%
correct about the fact they represent. They are reasonably (and more
importantly, usefully) close to 100% correct about the facts that they ask
about.

Exactly what is "useful" about exit polls taken on election day?
Exactly what is useful about other political polls for that matter,
unless you are a democratic who can't think on his/her own and needs a
poll to tell them what to do. :-)

Matt

Old November 7th 04, 03:46 AM
Cecil Chapman

Right,,, I got that joe-bob,,,, I was referring to the size of the
ammunition it fires.... Back in your pick-up and go back to your fortified
ground cellar and wait for 'the end'.

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL-IA
Student - CP-ASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -

Leaving the community David Brooks Instrument Flight Rules 556 November 30th 04 08:08 PM
aero-domains for anybody in the aviation community secura Aviation Marketplace 1 June 26th 04 07:37 PM
Unruly Passengers SelwayKid Piloting 88 June 5th 04 08:35 AM
Report Leaving Assigned Altitude? John Clonts Instrument Flight Rules 81 March 20th 04 02:34 PM
Big Kahunas Jay Honeck Piloting 360 December 20th 03 12:59 AM