Brakes?

Old February 10th 08, 07:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Brakes?

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

William Hung writes:

Sorry I don't bend over for anyone, no offense to your kind, but I'm
straight.

I'm not a member of the club.

Sure you are. Very small membership though unless you count your
affiliates.

Bertie

Old February 10th 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

John Smith wrote:
When I fill the Champ's tank I usually stand on the right tire with both
feet and the fuel hose over my right shoulder.
Most of the ramps have a level pad adjacent to the fuel pumps, so
rolling backward usually isn't a problem unless it is a very windy day.
On those occassions, I use one or two chocks.
Usually, I just stand on the tire and roll the airplane forward or
backward as need be.

How do you do that with a low wing with wheel pants?

This I gotta see.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old February 11th 08, 01:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
muff528

Some people have the notion they should never be used.

If that were so, why did the manufacturer put them on in the first place?

They are there so the floater doesn't break his teeth on the strut when his
foot slips off of the wheel while he is trying to stand on it. At least
that's what brakes are for on a 182.
Geez, I thought everyone knew that! :-)

BS, TonyP.

Old February 11th 08, 02:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
William Hung[_2_]

On Feb 10, 1:18*pm, Thomas Borchert
wrote:
William,

I just recently reallized that these even came with parking brakes.
lol *My CFI never pointed them out to me and I never really noticed.

Sorry, but not funny. And don't misunderstand people here, they mean
well with you. Because, if you only ever do, think and understand what
your CFI points out, you're an accident waiting to happen. You need to
take the initiative and learn for yourself. Besides, if your CFI
doesn't make you read the POH before you fly the plane, you might just
need a new one.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

I'm laughing, but rest assured, I'm heading the warnings by Steven and
the rest at the same time. I do appreciate the inputs from everyone.

Wil
Old February 11th 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting, alt.aviation.kooks, alt.disasters.aviation
buttman

On Feb 10, 9:04 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

I'm not an idiot and you know it.

We both know you are though, don't we?

Bertie

Oh boy. an IKYABWAI poast.
Old February 11th 08, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.aviation.kooks,alt.disasters.aviation
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

buttman wrote in news:edbde773-0a6a-4b91-b17d-
:

On Feb 10, 9:04 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

I'm not an idiot and you know it.

We both know you are though, don't we?

Bertie

Oh boy. an IKYABWAI poast.

Actualy, it's not.

What it is is proof you can't read.

Bertie

Old February 11th 08, 02:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting, alt.aviation.kooks
buttman

On Feb 11, 6:46 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
buttman wrote in news:67956c1b-d841-44f0-8ec3-
:

On Feb 10, 8:26 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
buttman wrote in news:edbde773-0a6a-4b91-b17d-
:

On Feb 10, 9:04 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

I'm not an idiot and you know it.

We both know you are though, don't we?

Bertie

Oh boy. an IKYABWAI poast.

Actualy, it's not.

What it is is proof you can't read.

Bertie

no, YOU can't read

No, YOU cant read.

Bertie

No, YOU cant read

Carbon brakes [email protected] Piloting 3 August 19th 06 07:01 AM
Trailer brakes Bert Willing Soaring 1 October 31st 03 07:55 AM
Cobratrailer&brakes Greg Arnold Soaring 5 October 6th 03 03:14 PM
rotor brakes Bill Chernoff Rotorcraft 5 September 5th 03 11:14 PM
Easy ? On Brakes Denis Winters Simulators 2 September 4th 03 12:07 PM