Corn ethanol days are numbered

Old May 7th 08, 07:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Corn ethanol days are numbered

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

The way anything get approved; engineering data.

Right. What does that consist of? Graphs that show airspeed at a
given throttle/prop/mixture? Or do they require ground/static engine
runs?

I presume the FAA has made this so difficult that even the EAA feels
they don't have the resources to complete this data acquisition?

Jesus wept.

Bertie
Old May 7th 08, 07:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

If it is as easy as you think why don't you develop the STC with your
A&P and make some money off it?

Because it's *not* easy, thanks to the FAA.

Swapping the rubber and fiberglass parts for ethanol-safe parts is
simple. Proving compliance with the FAA is what's not.

You're a ****ing moron.

Bertie

Old May 7th 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

You're a ****ing moron.

Bertie

The only think you know about corn ethanol, is the cobs leave your ass raw.

Old May 7th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .

Jesus wept.

Bertie

You're pathetic. Some many people have killfiled your ignorant ass, you're
practically talking to yourself.

Old May 7th 08, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

No, it is because at one point in time, the EAA had on staff one hell of a
good systems engineer whose name escapes me right now. He convinced Pope
Paul that it was in aviation's best interests to switch the low-compression
fleet to mogas and to fund three years of full-time flight testing in the
EAA's C-150 to prove the point. The rest of the STCs that the EAA holds are
on the basis of the full-bore testing in the 150 and then limited "it should
be the same" testing in each of the other type certificates for which there
is an STC.

That brilliant engineer retired just about the same time as the current EAA
regime came to power and I guess they don't feel the same need to support
general aviation. After all, the STC only costs a couple of hundred dollars
for a nickel's worth of paper and they can make that much with just two or
three more people through the gates at Oshkosh every year.

I'm racking my brain right now to think of anyone on EAA staff right now
with the engineering skills to pull off a project like this and I can't
think of a single person or group with the right toolbox. Lots of good
folks on staff, but the EAA has transmogrified itself from a technically
competent organization to a politically and economically competent
organization within the last twenty years. I'm not sure that is a move in
the right direction, but then again I'm not in a position to change that
direction.

Jim

--
"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right."
--Henry Ford

Old May 7th 08, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.karl-malden.nose
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .

Jesus wept.

Bertie

You're pathetic. Some many people have killfiled your ignorant ass,
you're practically talking to yourself.

Talking to you, obviously.

Bertie
Old May 7th 08, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

You're a ****ing moron.

Bertie

The only think you know about corn ethanol, is the cobs leave your
ass raw.

Aww. more gay lames! How ....predictable.

Bertie
Old May 9th 08, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

The only think you know about corn ethanol, is the cobs leave your
ass raw.

Aww. more gay lames! How ....predictable.

Bertie

That's not a gay lame dumb ass. You really are stupid aren't you?

Oh, ok, maybe just a one track mind.

Old May 9th 08, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:3QOUj.115427$Ft5.105531
@newsfe15.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

The only think you know about corn ethanol, is the cobs leave your
ass raw.

Aww. more gay lames! How ....predictable.

Bertie

That's not a gay lame dumb ass. You really are stupid aren't you?

Ah, sorry, That's what pases for sex in Okieland. Beg pardon.

Oh, ok, maybe just a one track mind.

Eight track, thank you.

Bertie

Old May 10th 08, 05:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Sun, 4 May 2008 21:48:25 -0700 (PDT), "Robert M. Gary"
wrote:

On May 4, 5:37*pm, "Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in ...

I'm beginning to wonder if the problem isn't more specific to brands or
types. I have asked a number of people about it, and get hot and cold
haven't even heard of it. My experience has even been mixed. I have had
problems with weed eaters, push mowers and a power washer *but little else.
But I have a 14hp Kohler in use almost daily with no problems.

The daily use is probably preventing problems. It sounds like the
problem is that the ethanol fuel attracks water as it sits and that
make it break down.

Michigan has had 10% pretty much since some time in the 80's. I've
only had one lawn mower that didn't start (fouled plug) in spring in
all those years. I never drain the tanks and there are no shutoffs
except on the big generator (I always run that one dry), but tractors
and even riding lawn mowers sit all winter with the same gas in the
tanks and the snow blowers sit all spring, summer, and fall.
The grass trimmer and chain saw both use the same fuel but with about
a 50:1 oil mix. They may sit for 6 months with fuel in them. So far
they still start fairly easy the first time. The chain saw is one my
dad had and he's been gone 20 years.

OTOH using good 100 Low Lead I had the insides come loose in a
flexible fuel line and migrate to the injector throttle body.
Admittedly that line was *old*

I'm not saying I'm doing it right, I just don't have the ambition to
bother and it's never given me a problem.

-robert

Roger (K8RI) ARRL Life Member
N833R (World's oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Removing Ethanol from Gas? Jay Honeck Piloting 67 August 16th 06 03:29 PM
Ethanol mogas john smith Owning 16 May 2nd 06 01:30 PM
FA: TWA 50th Anniversary Aircraft Prints (issued 1976), artist-signed/numbered [email protected] Products 0 December 24th 05 03:15 PM
FA: TWA 50th Anniversary Aircraft Prints (issued 1976), artist-signed/numbered [email protected] Aviation Marketplace 0 December 24th 05 03:13 PM
Iowa: more than corn fields Bob Fry General Aviation 0 November 27th 03 08:06 PM