Kerry is a pilot?

Old January 26th 04, 02:26 AM
Tarver Engineering

"R.Hubbell" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:32:15 -0800 "Tarver Engineering"

wrote:

"Pilot Bob" wrote in message

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message
news Not everyone. Not my a long shot. While he did seem to shirk

some
responsibilities, the record is not quite clear on exactly what

happened.
However, he *was* a youngun. I might have done a stupid thing or

twenty in
my younger years, too.

It is impossible to be AWOL from the National Guard, as drill

attendance was
optional.

Call it whatever you want. The fact is that, using his father's

connections,
he got placed in the National Guard to avoid the Vietnam draft and

even then
did not have the balls to meet his commitment.

There were open slots in the ANG in Texas, for anyone elidgeable. When

GW's

Eligible in that case meant you better be an quarterback or the son of a
rich man. Not just anyone got those slots. Everyone knew that then.
It's not been forgotten by a lot of people who had loved ones that died
serving their country. I won't forget either.

Anyone that wanted to join the Texas ANG could, excluding felons and the
children of Kluxers. In fact, most of the draft dodgers of the day could
have joined the Guard just by relocating to a State with open slots.

F-102 unit changed over to a new airplane, there was no way they were

going
to pay to retrain a short timer. GW's job would have been to sit at a

desk
doing nothing.

Well at least you acknowledge that he decided he wasn't going to serve his

country
because he got a boring desk job. Any way you slice it he did not fulfill

his
responsibilities to his country. That's not someone I respect.

Sure he did, but Dean dodged the draft.

Old January 26th 04, 02:29 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Michael 182" wrote in message

"Stuart King" wrote in message
. com...

W has turned the Clinton economy disaster around.

Up to this one I was just going to say, oh well, we just disagree.

Even my Republican friends complain that Bush's economic policies are
disasterous. The Dem's used to be labeled "tax and spend". The

Republicans,
under Bush, are the "borrow and spend" party.

Reflation was an absolute necessity, otherwise America was headed into a
decade long downturn like Japan.

We can argue about whether
Bush has made America safer - personally I don't believe he has. But there
is no way to argue that he has an economic plan that is even remotely
acceptable to future generations.

If Gore were President he would have already apologised to the terrorists
for the second 9-11. Clinton/Gore facilitated al Qaeda's heroin
distribution in Bosnia and elsewhere.

Old January 26th 04, 02:41 AM
R.Hubbell

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 02:14:01 GMT "Stuart King" wrote:

Dubya has signed every spending bill that has come across his desk.

He doesn't even read the newspaper.

Kerry hasn't flown a plane except for TV. He rides in his wife's Ketchup
jet. He has no clue what it's like to do battle in the airport terminals,
for hours of delays.

He will steal your life savings after you die, before your children get it.

He will add more tax to your already overtaxed income.

He will allow trial attorneys to ruin aviation and health insurance.

He used the F**k word on national TV, on purpose to appeal to young voters.

This is funny!

He does not behave in a presidential manor. (see above)

Well once he wins the election he'll live in a presidential manor.

W may have flaws and a history, but he learned from that and changed (aka
grew up). He did serve too, and flew f4's.

Flaws and history and soon he will be history.

W is an excellent administrator. He realizes he doesn't have to know it all,
but he surrounds himself with VERY wise advisors. This is what good leaders

He sourrounds himself with freaks like Karl Rove. Who is a hate monger.

do. No one can know it all.

W has handled well, the worst and biggest challenge to America to date
(except maybe Abe's civil war)

He didn't handle it well at all. HE use it to settle some scores for his
Daddy.

W has turned the Clinton economy disaster around.

That's also very funny.

The republican philosophy: self determination, individual freedom, lowers
taxes, less government, strong military is the only way this nation can
survive on a long term basis.

Must be nice to live in your own little world.

R. Hubbell

SK

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"Blue Thunder" wrote in message
u...
I was watching MSNBC recently and learned that John Kerry,

Old January 26th 04, 02:51 AM
R.Hubbell

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:53:09 -0600 "Jim Fisher" wrote:

"Pilot Bob" wrote in message
That's the problem we have these days. Everyone knows Bush was AWOL during
his National Guard days,

Not everyone. Not my a long shot. While he did seem to shirk some
responsibilities, the record is not quite clear on exactly what happened.
However, he *was* a youngun. I might have done a stupid thing or twenty in
my younger years, too.

Did you avoid fulfilling your swarn duties to your country? That goes far
beyond stupid.

So you think avoiding your swarn duties for your country is just a stupid
thing he did and it should be overlooked because he was young?

Sons of people with lots less money suffer much worse fate than being
thought of as young and stupid when they fail to fulfill their swarn
duties to their country.

R. Hubbell

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/030411.html seems to be a fairly decent
accout of what actually happened but leave much to interpretation.

and then he goes on to to wear a flight suit and
some people think he is a great leader.

'Cause he is . . . But history will have to be the final judge to that, I
reckon.

--
Jim Fisher

Old January 26th 04, 02:57 AM
Pilot Bob

"Pilot Bob" wrote in message
"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

Just another wild cat closer out of Midland.

Then again, where would Kerry be without catsup?

Go ahead. Show your ignorance. Kerry was defined well before that.

Kerrey is a trophy spouse sent off to Washington; just like Boxer.

Double ignorance. It is "Kerry", not "Kerrey".

Old January 26th 04, 03:02 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Pilot Bob" wrote in message
"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

Just another wild cat closer out of Midland.

Then again, where would Kerry be without catsup?

Go ahead. Show your ignorance. Kerry was defined well before that.

Kerrey is a trophy spouse sent off to Washington; just like Boxer.

Double ignorance. It is "Kerry", not "Kerrey".

Kerry is a trophy spouse sent off to Washington; just like Boxer.

Feel better now?

Mrs. Heinz wants to buy the Whitehouse.