Idea to prevent plane hijack

Old May 24th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Idea to prevent plane hijack

GGW Air?

Seriously, clothes hide ugly people's flesh, protect from
cuts and burns during a crash if the fabric is chosen
properly and can hide weapons.
Totally safe airline... passengers sedated, nude, boxing
gloves locked on hands and feet. No alcohol served, no
smoking, no matches or lighters. All passengers in zip lock
bags to prevent DNA contamination, Toilets removed from
airplanes and passengers required to remain belt in their
seats until removed by baggage handlers.

Should increase sales of Cessna and Beech aircraft.

some support

"gatt" wrote in message

| "Jim Macklin" wrote
in message
| Why not just require one of these actions...
| All passengers must fly NUDE.
|

| Change it to all flight attendants and resurrected the
Hooters airline, and

Old May 24th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting

Per "Jim Macklin" :
All passengers must fly NUDE.

"Fly naked and FedEx your bags"..... Has a certain cache'...
--
PeteCresswell
Old May 25th 06, 12:08 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting

It would speed up screening as long as the screeners were
gay/lesbian and lesbians inspected men and gay men inspected
women. But I can see delays several hours long if straight
men have to screen college girls and actresses.

Of course boob-jobs could include pockets and they could do
kangaroo pouch add-on surgery. But even nude/naked people
could hide explosives internally by swallowing C4, like they
do with high price drugs, or even plastic explosive surgery.
How many pounds of C4 can a 120 pound skinny terrorist have
packed into biceps and six-pack?

Old May 25th 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting

"Jim Macklin" writes:

Sure, 1873 45 Colt, S&W No. 3, or a modern S&W with full
moon clips in 45 ACP.

BTW, does anybody know the lethal; weapon provided to all
passengers compartments on every airliner today? There are
dozens of these lethal impact weapons provided.

Pillows (but you said impact, so that's not what you're thinking of).

You could also strangle somebody with the demonstration seatbelt, and
bash their brains out with the portable oxygen system for the cabin
crew.

I don't think the seat cushions are hard enough to break things with
or soft enough to be very good for smothering.
RKBA: http://www.dd-b.net/carry/
Old May 25th 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting

all they need is an aircraft radio and they can talk with the pilot and
anyone else they feel like talking to.
"neo" wrote in message
oups.com...
Separate cockpit and passengers by wall with no door, no window, just
plane wall. No mechanism of communication whatsover with cockpit from
passenger area. That will discourage hijacker because whatever he do,
pilot will not know.

When terrorists know that even flight staff can not talk to pilot, it
is futile to attempt hijack.

Old May 25th 06, 01:30 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting

In "Aluckyguess"
wrote:

all they need is an aircraft radio and they can talk with the pilot and
anyone else they feel like talking to.

Ah! But it's against the law to operate a radio transmitter on board a
commercial aircraft!

That'll certainly stop them.

"neo" wrote in message
oups.com...
Separate cockpit and passengers by wall with no door, no window, just
plane wall. No mechanism of communication whatsover with cockpit from
passenger area. That will discourage hijacker because whatever he do,
pilot will not know.

When terrorists know that even flight staff can not talk to pilot, it
is futile to attempt hijack.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old May 25th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting

You came close, think nun-chucks and seat belt extenders.

http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/
http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/

Old May 25th 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting

Would require major redesign of lavs, etc.

I think the reinforced doors are sufficient. I can think of two
deterrents against hijackers:

1. Violent manuevers. Warn that everyone should strap in, if the
hijackers don't they will get tossed about.

2. Quit pressurizing the main cabin. You want O2? Sit in your seat
and grab a mask. This would only work above, say, 15K feet. Also I
understand there are portable bottles for the FAs, still it might
work.

Obviously these are last resort, but with the reinforced doors
nowadays to slow down attackers, the above could gain some advantage.
Old May 25th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting

Bob Fry wrote:
I think the reinforced doors are sufficient. I can think of two
deterrents against hijackers:

Reinforced doors is what killed the passengers aboard the cyprius jet
because the crew lost consciousness and the only person still conscious
abord was not able to get into the cockpit until the engines ran out of
fuel and the magnet that kept the door locked lost power. It was too
late to rescue the plane at that time.

The re-enforced doors may be a good *idea* but they were implemented in
a rush without really thinking through all of the implications.

Consider the Egyptair 767. Without the re-enforced doors, the captain
was able to get into the cockpit and at least attempt to prevent the
co-pilot from ditching the plane. Had there been re-enforced doors,
there would have been 0 hope.
Old May 25th 06, 06:42 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting

Robert Cohen wrote:

More great ideas to prevent highjackings

10. Higher frares

The 9/11 terrorists were well funded