Private pilot license

Old February 10th 06, 05:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Private pilot license

by "Jay Honeck" jjhoneck@[EMAIL PROTECTED] Feb 10, 2006 at 02:47 PM

BTW: Personally, I find female pilots irresistibly sexy!

:-)

Based on the ones I've seen, I'd have to agree. I once flew from the old
Stapleton to Durango, Co on a Beechcraft Puddle-jumper (Sky West, or as
the locals used to call it, Scared Worst) piloted by a woman with a German
accent. One of the bumpiest flights I have ever been on, esp when flying
over Pikes Peak. She handled that plane like a fine sports car, doing the
takeoff roll from a running start on the taxiway. When she got near Pikes,
she pulled the curtain and announced that it usually gets bumpy here --
very straight and matter of fact -- then smiled and closed the curtain.
She wasn't kidding. She landed the plane in a pretty good crosswind,
parked the plane, and pulled the curtain back and with a bemused smile
asked if everyone enjoyed the flight. I think she enjoyed watching the
reactions of all the guys in the suits. She was awesome!

There are some guys who like self assured, confident and highly
professional women. I certainly do. She was absolutely smoking cool.

Old February 10th 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey, folks, was Usenet here (as we know it now) in '94?

I remember posting to deja.com before Google took over the newsgroups.
I think that happened around '98 or '99.

The oldest USENET messages that I've been able to find date back to 1981. I
know the REC.AVIATION.* groups were alive and quite active in '95.

Old February 10th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Bob Noel wrote:
In article MD1Hf.547923$084.126821@attbi_s22,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Um, hmmm. Just dawned on me that perhaps they didn't exist? Hey,
folks, was Usenet here (as we know it now) in '94? I jumped in
around '98-ish.

yep. rec.aviation existed and was split into the current groups prior
to 1994. I don't remember the exact year.

The reorg happened in 1992. Just FYI, the archive of all postings to
news.announce.newgroups that pertain to that reorg are archived at isc.org
he

ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/news.an...aviation-reorg
Old February 10th 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay Honeck schrieb:

Um, hmmm. Just dawned on me that perhaps they didn't exist? Hey, folks, was Usenet here (as we know it now) in '94? I jumped in around '98-ish.

It was there and alive long before that.
And it did have a very, very lively pilot group.

It may be of interest to you that on Compuserve (something like AOL way
back in the 80ies and 90ies; was bought by AOL) the very very first
chatroom was one installed by pilots for pilots.... but that was a
while ago...

Old February 10th 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Bob Noel wrote:
In article , Rachel
wrote:

You'd be surprised at how many guys are instantly turned off when I tell
them I'm a pilot.

How many pilots are turned off when you tell them you are a pilot?

You'd be surprised. Low time pilots are intrigued...anyone with a
commercial or above is kind of turned off.
Old February 10th 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"dimsch" wrote

It was there and alive long before that.
And it did have a very, very lively pilot group.

How does one go about researching their own posting records? I really don't
remember when I started, and would like to find out.
--
Jim in NC

Old February 11th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

yep. rec.aviation existed and was split into the current groups prior to
1994.
I don't remember the exact year.

Hey -- welcome back, Bob!

How're you feeling? (And the check arrived -- made out to MARY!?? -- quite
promptly, thanks... :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 11th 06, 01:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

It may be of interest to you that on Compuserve (something like AOL way
back in the 80ies and 90ies; was bought by AOL) the very very first
chatroom was one installed by pilots for pilots.... but that was a
while ago...

Compuserve! Now *there* is a blast from the past.

Remember "Prodigy"? Owned by Sears, Roebuck, of all people! That was my
first venture into the on-line world...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 11th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Funny that we're all giving advice, debating each others' advice and
fine-tuning our comments, yet the original poster hasn't come back even
once to clarify his request, ask for further information or otherwise
contribute. Do I sense a lack of committment?

That's the trouble with the internet. It's so huge that it's easy to find
someplace cool (like this!), and then forget where (or when) you saw it.

I've posted questions on other, non-aviation newsgroups and then completely
forgotten about them until days or weeks later. Luckily, that's the nice
part about Usenet -- the answers will still be there, waiting, when you get
your head out of your butt and remember the conversation...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 11th 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("Morgans" wrote)
How does one go about researching their own posting records? I really
don't remember when I started, and would like to find out.

One option:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.aviation.piloting/about?hl=en
Google/Groups/Rec/Aviation/Piloting/About group/Pick a year

Montblack