alexis park inn and aviation videos

Old March 25th 06, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default alexis park inn and aviation videos

Speaking of Video's. And, in another thread, the potential for flutter -
here's some REAL flutter:

http://www.dg-download.de/Videos/dg-...terversuch.mpg

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old March 25th 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Speaking of Video's. And, in another thread, the potential for flutter -
here's some REAL flutter:

http://www.dg-download.de/Videos/dg-...terversuch.mpg

Dang! I can't believe the wings didn't snap off.

How did he stop it? I would think pulling back (to load up the wings)
would be your only hope?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 25th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

http://www.dg-download.de/Videos/dg-...terversuch.mpg

Dang! I can't believe the wings didn't snap off.

How did he stop it? I would think pulling back (to load up the wings)
would be your only hope?

IT appears that it was a test flight, and the pilot was transmitting his
observations in German. I couldn't understand most of it, but it seemed
he started out saying "fifty" ("fumfzig") and ended with "thirty"
("dreizig"), with commentary in the middle. I therefore speculate that
the test was to show an airspeed regime in which there was a flutter
problem.

Glider wings are pretty strong. I've never flown one, but I understand
that they hit some pretty strong gusts and pull some tight turns in an
effort to remain in the air on the force of rising or blowing air alone.

Jose
--
Nothing takes longer than a shortcut.
Old March 25th 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 10:37:57 -0800, Peter Duniho wrote:

I quoted the whole email including subject. Only the headers are missing.
And since the mail came from our system the headers are not of much help.

You are claiming that your own email system sent out a piece of spam
advertising Jay's hotel through the use of the aviation videos page?

a pilot friend who is also sort of my customer forwarded me the mail.

It seems to me you should be looking at your own email system then, rather
than haranguing Jay (and the rest of this newsgroup).

clean in front of your door first, please. &%/&§$"§"%&%&%$$!!!!

Pete

#m
--
[...] Then I drove home with one eye glued to the rearview mirror.
Didnąt see anything suspicious but if I turn up missing one day,
Old March 25th 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 10:36:22 -0800, Peter Duniho wrote:

Hah! If I download music there is no economic damage. I won't by the CD.

There is, however, a CD for sale to buy.

and what now? _I_ _won't_ _buy_ _the_ _CD_. Neither if I would have
downloaded the music nor if I hadn't. (But the chances are higher if I've
heard the CD before; and if it is not copy-protected.)

So prove the loss for the music industry.

I don't need to. The law presumes it.

wow. and this is not true for videos?

Pete

#m
Old March 26th 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
a pilot friend who is also sort of my customer forwarded me the mail.

Then why did you say "the mail came from our system"?

Either you know where the email came from or you don't. If you do, then
post the details. If you don't, then you have no reason to accuse Jay of
being involved at all.

Pete

Old March 26th 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
and what now? _I_ _won't_ _buy_ _the_ _CD_.

The fact remains that there is a legal option for you to obtain the CD. If
you feel the price for the CD is too high, your morally correct choice is to
simply not own it.

That's what I do with things that cost more than I want to, or can, spend.

I don't need to. The law presumes it.

wow. and this is not true for videos?

Video copyright is exactly the same as music copyright. However, not all
copyrighted material is available at any price, nor are all copyright owners
as finicky about people making use of their copyrighted material as the RIAA
and MPAA are.

Jay's use of non-commercially-available low-quality web videos is very
different from your own illegal music file sharing, at least from a moral
stance if not legal.

Pete

Old March 26th 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article ,
Jose wrote:

http://www.dg-download.de/Videos/dg-...terversuch.mpg

Dang! I can't believe the wings didn't snap off.

How did he stop it? I would think pulling back (to load up the wings)
would be your only hope?

IT appears that it was a test flight, and the pilot was transmitting his
observations in German. I couldn't understand most of it, but it seemed
he started out saying "fifty" ("fumfzig") and ended with "thirty"
("dreizig"), with commentary in the middle. I therefore speculate that
the test was to show an airspeed regime in which there was a flutter
problem.

I thought I heard the word "hunert" (hundred) before funfzig and dreisig.
Old March 26th 06, 11:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 17:57:05 -0800, Peter Duniho wrote:

a pilot friend who is also sort of my customer forwarded me the mail.

Then why did you say "the mail came from our system"?

are you that ignorant or are you only plaing the clown here?

the mail came from our system. read: our mailserver. and before that it was
forwarded from elsewhere. you know: a mailserver can handle more than one
domain. and there are people out there who sell such services for a living.

Either you know where the email came from or you don't. If you do, then
post the details. If you don't, then you have no reason to accuse Jay of
being involved at all.

well, I blame the whole "misunderstanding" on different viewpoints here and
over there. We see things a whole bunch different than you do, apparently.

Pete

#m
Old March 26th 06, 11:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 18:00:46 -0800, Peter Duniho wrote:

Video copyright is exactly the same as music copyright.

..... how good to hear.

However, not all
copyrighted material is available at any price,

and this gives you exactly which rights?

nor are all copyright owners
as finicky about people making use of their copyrighted material as the RIAA
and MPAA are.

then they are free to give proper permission.
you have no permission? well .... you now can play our your moral (see
below).

Jay's use of non-commercially-available low-quality web videos is very
different from your own illegal music file sharing,

I never said that I (illegaly) downloaded music. I only said "if I WOULD".

at least from a moral
stance if not legal.

f*ck the moral. My moral is different than yours and different than the one
of 5 billion other people.

Pete

#m