Why doesn't Bose have MP3/cellphone hookup in their headsets?

Old August 31st 07, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

Default Why doesn't Bose have MP3/cellphone hookup in their headsets?

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
et...
Thomas Borchert wrote:
Also, I have not yet seen a Bose in any airline cockpit. Doesn't mean
much, but it's a data point.

Look in the charter cockpits.

You won't find Bose in many cockpits in which the engines/props are a
significant distance behind the pilot. Those (jet jockeys and the like)
don't need a lot of noise reduction like piston poppers and turboprops do.

Then, too, Thomas is all mouth and virtually ZERO brains, but that's what
one would expect from a Nazi.

Old August 31st 07, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Viperdoc" wrote in message
We use Bose in the KC-135 all the time. It is an option versus the non ANR
DC's. Considering the lighter weight and superior comfort and sound, the
Bose win hands down.

Yeah, but Thomas would say that the KC-135 is not an airliner, or that
KC-135 drivers are military pilots, not professionals.

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
et...

Old August 31st 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

wrote in message
ups.com...
Spoken like a real amateur.
You got me...that's precisely what I am.
am·a·teur ( m' -tūr', -t r, -ch r', -ch r, -ty r')
n.
A person who engages in an art, science, study, or athletic activity
as a pastime rather than as a profession.

Note the aviation accident statistics in which professionals (or those who
follow their procedures) tend to have far fewer crashes than their amateur
brethern.

What a colossal dork you are. Are you this pathetic in real life, or
just when you get on the internet?

What *possibly* made you think I

take flying any less seriously than someone who gets paid?

Your cavilier, snotball attitude.

Ugh. What do you think?

I think you need a spanking.

Really, give me your honest answer, Mr. Professional.

You don't have a clue, do you?

Okay, once again for the adolesant: "Note the aviation accident statistics

Read the parenthetic part again, then go **** yourself, punk.

Old September 1st 07, 01:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Matt,

Then, too, Thomas is all mouth and virtually ZERO brains, but that's what
one would expect from a Nazi.

Thanks for demonstrating so effectively your mind-boggling level of idiocy.
To think you might actually hold a medical...

Surpassing MX isn't easy, so I guess congratulations are in order.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old September 1st 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_1_]

Is this product stereo?

On Aug 29, 11:11 am, B A R R Y wrote:
wrote:

I bought a pair of the Bose X and just assumed that would be there...
what a disappointment.

I use one of these when I want to use the phone, which isn't often. My
wife usually uses it to hear her Ipod, as she's a nervous flier:

http://www.sportys.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?Product_ID=7145&DID=19

Old September 1st 07, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

I bought a pair of the Bose X and just assumed that would be there...
what a disappointment.

We use our lightspeed music/cell input all the time. It is truly
wonderful to be able to make a call as soon as you land, simply by
dialing the phone and listening/talking through your headset. The
clarity is remarkable, and the convenience is hard to beat.

I've been watching this thread with amazement since it began. I can't
believe there are people out there who are defending Bose for selling
a headset -- for $1000! -- without including this most basic
feature. IMHO it's like selling a GPS with a black-and-white screen
nowadays. Sure, it works, but why would anyone want to do without
color?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 1st 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ups.com...
I bought a pair of the Bose X and just assumed that would be there...
what a disappointment.

We use our lightspeed music/cell input all the time. It is truly
wonderful to be able to make a call as soon as you land, simply by
dialing the phone and listening/talking through your headset. The
clarity is remarkable, and the convenience is hard to beat.

I've been watching this thread with amazement since it began. I can't
believe there are people out there who are defending Bose for selling
a headset -- for $1000! -- without including this most basic
feature.

Basic feature?

Hey, Jay! Do you provide "room service" (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) at your
hotel? You don't? Why, with all those Iowa farm girls looking for
work/dates, that's unconscionable.

IMHO it's like selling a GPS with a black-and-white screen
nowadays. Sure, it works, but why would anyone want to do without
color?

Becuase the people that have Bose headsets (and want to listen to music or
gab on the cell phone) probably have SOTA audio panels, not those retro AP
boxes.

Old September 2nd 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 10:44:56 -0700, Dan wrote:

Is this product stereo?

It appears to be by the connectors, but I've never used it with music,
only for cell phone clearance pickups. I don't fly with music. My
wife, who has actually listened to music with it, likes it, but can't
remember if it's stereo (she doesn't really know what that stereo
means vs. "not" stereo).

I think Sporty's has a generous return policy. G
Old September 2nd 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"B A R R Y" wrote

I use one of these when I want to use the phone, which isn't often. My
wife usually uses it to hear her Ipod, as she's a nervous flier:

http://www.sportys.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?Product_ID=7145&DID=19

Shame, that you spend 1 AMU on a top of the line headset, then have to
spend .1 AMU to use a cell phone (or music) with it.

No, not a shame, ridiculous.

Bose should be ashamed of themselves.
--
Jim in NC

Old September 2nd 07, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Basic feature?

Hey, Jay! Do you provide "room service" (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) at your
hotel?

Why, yes we do. Steak, chops, seafood, eggs benedict -- you name it.

Why?

Becuase the people that have Bose headsets (and want to listen to music or
gab on the cell phone) probably have SOTA audio panels, not those retro AP
boxes.

I have both XM radio and a CD player in my panel. I still use the
headphone jack in my Lightspeed headsets for my cell phone, all the
time. It's an incredibly basic feature, and for anyone to assert
otherwise is simply trying to justify spending $1000 on a $200
headset.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Bose Headsets Jon Kraus Owning 94 June 23rd 06 07:13 PM
Bose active headsets Doug Vetter Piloting 0 November 13th 05 02:12 PM
Bose active headsets George Patterson Piloting 1 November 13th 05 03:32 AM
Bose active headsets Michael 182 Piloting 1 November 13th 05 12:40 AM
Bose active headsets Peter Clark Piloting 0 November 12th 05 11:57 PM