Serious question

Old November 3rd 03, 08:04 AM
Peter Twydell

In article , BUFDRVR
writes
Now, lessee...what about the
waste disposal (as someone mentioned upstream) ...clothespins?

snip story I wish I hadn't read just before breakfast)

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"

And there was me thinking you blokes became jet pilots because of the
glamour and excitement!
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!
Old November 3rd 03, 09:28 AM
B2431

From: "Gord Beaman"

snip

Another little 'urinal' story...I don't know what your urinals
look like but ours on the Argus (unpressurized) were just quite
rugged black funnels about 3 - 4 inches wide at the opening
connected to what looks like surgical rubber tubing going down
through the upper floor and connected to a black plastic (nylon?)
heated venturi on the underside of the belly. This funnel is
secured (when not in use) by hanging in it's hanger on the a/c
wall.

The fun starts when you have a shiny new crewmember who needs to
be lowered a peg or two.

snip

On H-3 and H-53 we would tell the curious it was a back up intercom. There are
stories of newbies asked to test it.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired
Old November 3rd 03, 12:48 PM
BUFDRVR

And there was me thinking you blokes became jet pilots because of the
glamour and excitement!
--
Peter

What, you didn't think those stories embodied the charm and excitement of
military aviation?

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old November 3rd 03, 06:47 PM
Alan Minyard

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 20:07:52 GMT, "Gord Beaman" ) wrote:

"Jim Baker" wrote:

landing at Whiteman. A B-1B had an around the world flight around 96-97
timeframe but I never heard anything about their oil consumption.

BUFDRVR

The B-1B around the world flight by the Dyess AFB, 9th Bomb Squadron,
aircraft was in June, 1995. No record or "buzz" about oil consumption
although it stands to reason there must have been some...just not
significantly so apparently.

JB

Ok guys, thanks, I guess that takes care of that then...the oil
consumption issue is a non-issue...Now, lessee...what about the
waste disposal (as someone mentioned upstream) ...clothespins?

Not for the female crew members :-)))

Al Minyard