Finland - USA 2-0

Old November 4th 03, 07:34 AM
Marcus Andersson

Alan Minyard wrote in message . ..
On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 13:19:22 GMT, Fred J. McCall wrote:

"Yama" wrote:

:
:"WaltBJ" wrote in message
.com...
: "Nils Rostedt" wrote in message

: "WaltBJ" wrote in message
: Not correct.
: http://www.who.int/mental_health/pre...iciderates/en/
:
: I see. Only twice the rate in the USA.
:
:On a plus side, odds of getting gunned down are considerably smaller...

Well, odds of getting 'gunned down' here aren't significantly higher
than they are in Britain, if one starts off with the assumption that
one isn't a gang banger. Stay out of really bad neighborhoods and
avoid egregiously stupid behaviour like trying to frighten and
ignoring the warnings of armed people in their own homes and your odds
are much greater of slipping and falling to death in the bathtub than
they are of being 'gunned down'.

Not to mention the fact that I can, and would, shoot back!!!!!!!

If you ever tried shooting back after you've been shot dead, you'd
notice that it isn't that easy.
Old November 4th 03, 12:45 PM
tadaa

That being said, Finland does have around 60 F-18 Hornets, so I guess
they must have a couple of aircraft carriers too. I mean, why else
would they have carrier-planes?

Shhhh... (the black helicopters are on their way)

Old November 4th 03, 06:11 PM
Alan Minyard

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 08:04:26 GMT, "Bjørnar" wrote:

(Marcus Andersson) wrote in
. com:
. ..
wrote:

Well, odds of getting 'gunned down' here aren't significantly higher
than they are in Britain, if one starts off with the assumption that
one isn't a gang banger. Stay out of really bad neighborhoods and
avoid egregiously stupid behaviour like trying to frighten and
ignoring the warnings of armed people in their own homes and your
odds are much greater of slipping and falling to death in the
bathtub than they are of being 'gunned down'.

Not to mention the fact that I can, and would, shoot back!!!!!!!

If you ever tried shooting back after you've been shot dead, you'd
notice that it isn't that easy.

In war-time you would shoot first and ask later if your're not
100% certain.

For some, though, the issue is blurred.

I am a very qualified pistol shot, trained in combat shooting.
Shooting me "dead" from anything other than an ambush
would be rather difficult. For europe, everything is "blurred"

Al Minyard
Old November 4th 03, 08:39 PM
Paul J. Adam

In message , Alan Minyard
writes
On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 01:09:56 GMT, "Bjørnar Bolsøy" bbolsoy@
nospam.nospam wrote:
Which particular european nations and medical care system
are you refering to?

All of them. They are decades behind the US Medical Care
system.

Provided you're adequately insured, US healthcare is by all accounts
very good.

One great benefit of living in the UK is that I don't have to worry
about my insurers causing me harm to save money, or refusing to cover my
treatment.

--
When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite.
W S Churchill

Old November 4th 03, 08:49 PM
Paul J. Adam

In message , Alan Minyard
writes
On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 08:04:26 GMT, "Bjørnar" wrote:
In war-time you would shoot first and ask later if your're not
100% certain.

For some, though, the issue is blurred.

I am a very qualified pistol shot, trained in combat shooting.
Shooting me "dead" from anything other than an ambush
would be rather difficult.

Dreadfully easy, Al. I match your pistol and raise you a section of
troops with scoped rifles and support weapons, and the firefight starts
at two hundred yards. I'll even let you fire first. (If it's wartime
then "fighting fair" is for the survivors on the losing side to console
themselves with)

The way to kill an alert armed man is to deceive rather than to
outshoot. Don't leap out, wild-eyed and frantic, shouting "Die, American
pig-dog-scum!"; but (for example) man a tidy, disciplined vehicle check
point and politely ask to see identification and travel documents (the
"Excuse Me, Meester?" ploy).

There's a _reason_ pistols are considered to be self-defence weapons of
last resort by most militaries, however entertaining they are to shoot
for sport and even to train with.

If you expected to fight, you should have brought a rifle: US helicopter
pilots in Desert Storm and Somalia fully grasped that concept (the USMC
have complained about a AH-1 modification, because they stored two M-16s
on the inner door of the ammunition bay in case they were forced down
and the modification precluded that... the Marines understood full well
that if you're being pursued by angry men with rifles, a rifle of your
own will at least slow the pursuit down in a way a pistol never can)

For europe, everything is "blurred"

Less so than you might think.

Old November 4th 03, 11:17 PM
Bjørnar Bolsøy

Alan Minyard wrote in
:
wrote:

Which particular european nations and medical care system
are you refering to?

Regards...

All of them. They are decades behind the US Medical Care
system.

Well, how exactly?

Regards...
Old November 5th 03, 06:35 AM
Marcus Andersson

wrote:

[...]

What if the bloke who intends to shoot you is as qualified as you? Or
even more qualified?
You should know that the worst mistake one can do is to underestimate
ones enemy...