Tragity

Old October 18th 05, 06:21 PM
W P Dixon

Default Tragedy

Well Skylune,
Tragedies happen. They are in fact part of this game we call life. Just
a few weeks ago the homecoming queen at a local high school was killed in a
car accident. She'd just been crowned the weekend before. She was in a
Honda..so with your logic her parents should sue Honda, the car that hit her
was a Ford. So I guess we will sue Ford as well. Let's also sue the
city...if she had not been sitting at the red light after all the wreck
would have never happened!
And that leads us to sueing the State because if the State did not allow
for those nasty dern red lights at intersections then the city could not
have placed one there! Alot of accidents don't have any fault at all except
with the driver themselves,...and your logic still requires all these people
to be sued?
The homecoming queen accident had a cause. While sitting at a red light
a young fool in a Mustang was racing another vehicle and slammed into the
back of the poor girls car. The Honda burst into flames and the school's
homecoming queen burned alive..a horrible death for a 17 year old young
woman . In your logic maybe a good old ambulance chaser (whom you refer as a
lawyer) could even sue the gas station she bought the gas! After all if the
gas had not have gone up she probably would still be here..etc. etc.
But thank goodness it did not take the State of TN long to charge the 18
year old fool boy driving the Mustang with 2nd degree murder. The homecoming
queens passenger is in a burn ward herself and no one knows if she will make
it.
As a parent I know anytime my kids do anything ..there is a risk. From
letting the kids borrow the car on Saturday night, or even letting them play
sports at school. And yes even flying in an airplane! We even take that risk
when we put the kids in the car to go to the grocery store. Life is a
risk...and there are accidents. Preventable? If you think never letting your
kids leave home would prevent an accident I suggest you look at stats on
home accidents.
When you are to afraid to get outside your plastic protective bubble are
you really living anyway?

Patrick
student SP
aircraft structural mech

"Skylune" wrote in message
lkaboutaviation.com...
Totally preventable tragedy, thats the saddest part.

The kids' parents should now file civil suit against the pilot's estate,
the airport that sponsored the event, the EAA, as well as the manufacturer
of the plane and possibly whatever firm did the maintenance.

Of course they probably won't, since any parent stupid enough to allow
their kid to climb into a plane of unknown reliability, with a pilot of
unknown skill and ability, will probably not think of this, unless an
aviation attorney read the story and contacts them.

Amazing: would parents would allow their kids to hop on the back of a
motorcycle with an unknown rider, get onto an ATV or snowmobile with a
stranger, etc.? Probably not. But the EAA's slick propoganda (like
making a false statement claiming there have been no other fatalities in
the YE program) fools some people.

Old October 18th 05, 06:47 PM
Skylune

Therefore, the EAA press release is a complete fabrication, an outright,
bald-faced, self-serving lie. Great info.

(Boyer would be proud.)

Old October 18th 05, 07:16 PM
Skylune

Well to answer the question you posed after the long car crash story, "No".
There are risks, and there are stupid risks. Putting a kid into an
unknown plane with a stranger goes down as stupid in my book.

Old October 18th 05, 07:18 PM
Gary Drescher

"Skylune" wrote in message
lkaboutaviation.com...
Therefore, the EAA press release is a complete fabrication, an outright,
bald-faced, self-serving lie.

No, you don't know that. The NTSB report merely says that an unspecified
witness thought the flight was a Young Eagles flight. It doesn't say whether
the witness turned out to be correct.

--Gary

Old October 18th 05, 07:24 PM
Dave Stadt

"Skylune" wrote in message
lkaboutaviation.com...
Well to answer the question you posed after the long car crash story,

"No".
There are risks, and there are stupid risks. Putting a kid into an
unknown plane with a stranger goes down as stupid in my book.

United, American, Southwest and all the others don't appreciate that
comment.

Old October 18th 05, 07:28 PM
Sylvain

Skylune wrote:
The credentials required to fly someone's kids around (from the EAA
website):

EAA Young Eagle Pilot Requirements:

Appropriate Airmen's Certificate (Sport Pilot or higher)

another blatant lie from Skylune; *private* certificate
or higher; The EAA does not advocate violating the FARs
-- see 14 CFR 61.101(e)(13) and 14 CFR 61.315(b)(10).

--Sylvain
Old October 18th 05, 07:31 PM
Gary Drescher

"Skylune" wrote in message
lkaboutaviation.com...
Well to answer the question you posed after the long car crash story,
"No".
There are risks, and there are stupid risks. Putting a kid into an
unknown plane with a stranger goes down as stupid in my book.

What about an unknown school bus driven by a stranger? The safety of both
the plane and the bus--as well as the skill of the pilot or driver--is
vetted by the government. Quantitatively, the plane is more dangerous than
the bus, but not by so large a factor as to be patently unreasonable.

--Gary

Old October 18th 05, 07:34 PM
Skylune

LOL. Yes. Too broad. Commercial flight is the safest form of
transportation, GA is the most dangerous.

Old October 18th 05, 07:42 PM
W P Dixon

So true,
And we put our kids on the bus 5 days a week! And in the young ladies
story ...you never know what other fool is going to be on the road. Or a
drunk driver. So Skylune must think all parents are stupid, including his
own ..for allowing him to drive a vehicle with all these risks that are
involved. I guess Skylunes kids are not allowed to move from the couch in
the living room ? Maybe they will grow up and sue him for twisting their
little minds so bad!

Patrick
student SP
aircraft structural mech

"Gary Drescher" wrote in message
lkaboutaviation.com...

Old October 18th 05, 07:52 PM
Dave Stadt

"Gary Drescher" wrote in message
"Skylune" wrote in message
lkaboutaviation.com...
Well to answer the question you posed after the long car crash story,
"No".
There are risks, and there are stupid risks. Putting a kid into an
unknown plane with a stranger goes down as stupid in my book.

What about an unknown school bus driven by a stranger? The safety of both
the plane and the bus--as well as the skill of the pilot or driver--is
vetted by the government. Quantitatively, the plane is more dangerous than
the bus, but not by so large a factor as to be patently unreasonable.

--Gary

Then there are the traveling carnival rides. They spend what.....$3 or $4 a
year maintaining them whether they need it or not.