The battle for Arlington Airport begins?

Old March 27th 04, 07:45 AM
Dude

TROLL

"Boelkowj" wrote in message
Problem is you guys up north have bad weather for flying and can't support

the
sport for that reason. Simple..

Larry

Old March 27th 04, 08:58 PM
Felger Carbon

"Del Rawlins" wrote in
message ...
In Boelkowj wrote:
No I haven't. But I suspect if you count the number of homebuilts
tested per year out of Arlington Airport I suspect you don't have

much
clout over NASCAR folks.

I suppose that makes it all right then.

In a democracy, don't the most votes usually win? ;-(

Old March 27th 04, 09:59 PM
Emerauder

"Felger Carbon" wrote in message
ink.net...

In a democracy, don't the most votes usually win? ;-(

Yes - in a democracy.

Not in the United States of America, a constitutional republic.

Rich S.

Old March 27th 04, 11:28 PM
Del Rawlins

In . net Felger Carbon
wrote:

"Del Rawlins" wrote in
message ...
In Boelkowj wrote:
No I haven't. But I suspect if you count the number of homebuilts
tested per year out of Arlington Airport I suspect you don't have

much
clout over NASCAR folks.

I suppose that makes it all right then.

In a democracy, don't the most votes usually win? ;-(

The tyranny of the majority is upon us.

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/
Old March 30th 04, 10:28 PM
Paul Adriance

Thanks for your comments on the issue we face here, but I think you
don't realize the nature of this airport. Come out on a weekday or
weekend and what are you going to see: A lot of ultralights, gliders, and
old biplanes and warbirds, often without transponders and sometimes without
radios. How is that, the heartbeat of this airport going to survive
against a bunch of rich drivers flying in learjets and turbines?

THAT is our problem, were are we supposed to go when they put in the
tower...? And what happens when they schedule their big races for the EAA
Fly-In week. We've looked up several of the major tracks similar in size
to the proposed track here, and only 2 I've seen have nearby airports and
they are both controlled. Maybe smaller tracks have more airports nearby
but, we're looking at comparable facilities with 80,000+ seating capacity.
And I have been to several track websites for larger facilities, I see a LOT
of activity, sometimes events occur every other weekend.

Is it right that we who live here and thrive at this airport should be
watching on the ground while the rich racers fly in? Our county and local
cities will pay through the nose for this, ISC is going to build with
whoever gives them the best deal... They aren't going to be footing
capital expenditures like the massive road and highway improvements
necessary, that's going to be US, the local taxpayers. In the future we
might see some benefit from tax revenue, but that is years after track
completion...

It's just a really sad deal all around and I can't imagine ANY well off
driver flying around in his trubine or jet feeling too sorry that they
kicked away a bunch of slow ultralights and gliders and homebuilts who would
be in their way.

Paul Adriance

"Del Rawlins" wrote in message
In . net Felger Carbon
wrote:

"Del Rawlins" wrote in
message ...

Old March 30th 04, 11:41 PM
Del Rawlins

In . net Paul Adriance
wrote:
Thanks for your comments on the issue we face here, but I think
you don't realize the nature of this airport. Come out on a weekday
or weekend and what are you going to see: A lot of ultralights,
gliders, and old biplanes and warbirds, often without transponders and
sometimes without radios. How is that, the heartbeat of this
airport going to survive against a bunch of rich drivers flying in
learjets and turbines?

I'm assuming you were referring to "Boelkowj" and not me. I got my
private ticket at Harvey's and have a lot of family in the Marysville
area. Most of what time I have spent outside of Alaska since we moved
here has been spent around there.

I hope you are successful in preserving your airport as it now exists.