Brave Sir Robin

Old June 14th 13, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

Default Brave Sir Robin

Leaving a sanctioned contest in such a hurry without informing the CD opened TA up for a bit of leg-pulling. One contestant joked that Frank was trying to get his igc files out of the state before the FAA showed up! (they are actually still on the mountain in what's left of his loggers.)

His sudden departure was perceived by many contestants (including me) as a bit rude and thoughtless, especially since The CD was up and around and only a couple of hundred yards away from TA when he left.

However, despite being a Monty Python fan, I thought that the original post was a bit on the mean side.

Mike
Old June 14th 13, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, June 14, 2013 12:16:56 PM UTC-5, Mike the Strike wrote:
Leaving a sanctioned contest in such a hurry without informing the CD opened TA up for a bit of leg-pulling. One contestant joked that Frank was trying to get his igc files out of the state before the FAA showed up! (they are actually still on the mountain in what's left of his loggers.)

His sudden departure was perceived by many contestants (including me) as a bit rude and thoughtless, especially since The CD was up and around and only a couple of hundred yards away from TA when he left.

Not knowing the facts, I won't comment on Frank. But in general this is more than leg pulling. It is much worse than rude to leave a contest without checking out with the CD, especially after a crash. Bad things have happened in this scenario. Yes, you're feeling sheepish. That does not excuse it.

John Cochrane
Old June 16th 13, 02:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

BB! Could not agree more.

Frank is one of the absolute best people i have had the pleasure of getting to know in this amazing sport (there are many such people in soaring so being among the "best" has great meaning). He is not perfect (none of us are), but his exceptional enthusiasm, drive to compete and willingness to help others at a drop of the hat and at any time is the most consistent thing I have experienced in soaring or any other sport.

I cannot wait for Frank to get new glider and continue his quest to master contest soaring and help others along the sport he loves. I am confident that he will, and that he will be an even better pilot moving forward. The sport is far better with him in it, that is without question.

Any of us could have had such a accudent scenario play out on us in a mountain contest. These contests come with significant risks and require large amounts of specific experience. Something many if us flatlanders lack.

That said, only a VERY RARE and pathetic few are low enough to anonymously moch it. Cowards. Idiots.

I stand with Frank. A champion in many ways...
Old June 16th 13, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

F2, your cluelessness is breathtaking. No one has attacked TA - just yanked his chain a bit. If you can't tell the difference you are in real need of some socializing!

You, on the other hand, have leaped, frothing at the mouth, to verbally attack and threaten others.

I think we all know who the "idiot and moron" is - at least when he posts on RAS.

Kirk
66
Old June 17th 13, 01:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Kirk,

Come on. Seriously? This is still the defense? It was a joke? This was not a passive friendly jab. This was an horrible, nasty attack on Frank and everyone knows it. A guy who just nearly died in a extrememly serious mountain crash at a mountaib contest. Lets be grown ups and admit that. Lets admonish this behavior, not encourage it or excuse it.

Bottom line: someone took the time to write and post on RAS, anonymously of course, a "poem" mocking Franks near fatal accident. This is fact.

I for one continue to find it both disgusting and hateful, no matter what anyone on this group tries to claim to defend it. Probably a friend of yours...

Now, if this was what you say it was. Please disclose the real name of the person who anonymously posted this literary comedic masterpiece? What's his name? Where does he fly? Who is this comedian?

Sean
Old June 18th 13, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Monday, June 17, 2013 7:35:25 AM UTC-5, Sean F (F2) wrote:
[...]

Yes, Sean, seriously. No one else is probably wasting any more time on this thread, and this is my last comment, but I completely disagree with you on just about EVERYTHING you have written in this thread.

So be it, I'm not going to change your mind, and you are definitely not going to change mine.

Cheers,

Kirk
66
Old June 18th 13, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

"He's buggered off. Oh yes, he's scarpered."

If you don't speak British English, try Google translate.

Mike
Old June 18th 13, 02:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

What's this persons name? Why are you not offering it to us if this was an innocent poem? What are you afraid of?

If you offer this authors info, maybe I will believe you. If not, I'm going to have to assume that this was a low, disgusting and horrible attack.

What is this anonomous thread originators REAL NAME?

What are you, chicken? Hmmm.

Sean
F2
Old June 18th 13, 02:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:10:23 AM UTC-5, Sean F (F2) wrote:
What's this persons name? Why are you not offering it to us if this was an innocent poem? What are you afraid of? If you offer this authors info, maybe I will believe you. If not, I'm going to have to assume that this was a low, disgusting and horrible attack. What is this anonomous thread originators REAL NAME? What are you, chicken? Hmmm. Sean F2

Sean, I think you have made an incorrect assumption that Kirk knows who is. I was at Moriarty (had my own set of disasters getting there and while there). I honestly do not believe that Kirk knows who started it. He just enjoys seeing gyros spin, and if one is spun up, he will add some energy every now and then. If the above was not directed at Kirk, then I made just as incorrect an assumption as you did. See how easy it is to do?

Now, where was that "Flag for abuse" button when you needed it so this whole thing could have been quickly eliminated...

Steve
ZS and VJS
Old June 18th 13, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

So when you guys crash, Monty Python jokes are fair game.

Got it. Thanks.