American pilots charged in Amazon jetliner crash

Old December 9th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default American pilots charged in Amazon jetliner crash

Can happen, does happen.

some support

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
ups.com...

| 601XL Builder wrote:
| Jim Macklin wrote:
| And a felon in another county is still considered a
felon in
| the USA, say good bye to your civil rights.
|

| Not if a US Federal judge and the Sec State decide not
to extradite them.

| Which can happen at any time, any time of the day. In 6
years you could
| be sleeping in bed with your wife, kids in the next room
and the U.S.
| Marshalls rush through the door and arrest your. That's
not how most

Old December 10th 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Bad character clause.

"Blueskies" wrote in message

| "Jim Macklin" wrote
in message ...
| : It gets worse than that. The gun laws in the USA, the
Brady
| : Instant Check, the Lautenberg amendments, the Form 4473
all
| : check and ask if you are a "fugitive from justice" and
if
| : those pilots do not go back to Brazil and get cleared,
they
| : will be criminals here if the presently own, possess or
buy
| : any firearms.
| :
| :
| :
|
| And if they are ATPs, could they have their ticket yanked
(no pun intended...)?

Old December 10th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

Bob Fry wrote:

BS This should
BS definitely be something that the state dept should be heavily
BS involved in, but not a word from them as far as I know.

"State" should be doing all kinds of things in many problem areas of
the world...but look at their record the last 6 years. Why should
their leadership suddenly become competent on this issue?

Fry - full of s&*#t as usual...

Try the 1940's, SFBs.

Old December 10th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
And a felon in another county is still considered a felon in
the USA, say good bye to your civil rights.

Well, if it was GB, Australia, or some such, I'd say no problem, but the
rest of the world...NAH!

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

| "Dan" wrote in message

oups.com...

| Blueskies wrote:
|
| ....They should go down there and fight. ...
|
| And risk rotting in a Brazillian prison for 12 years
away from their
| familes should they lose? Not worth it...
|
| I think that's what Brazil is counting on; if they don't
return, they
| (Brazil) can hold a sham trial in absentia and find them
guilty of
| everything, thus covering their own asses which are
presently hanging out in

http://joesharkeyat.blogspot.com/200...zarre-and.html

Old December 10th 06, 12:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 11:14:35 -0600, in
, Jim Macklin wrote:
It gets worse than that. The gun laws in the USA, the Brady
Instant Check, the Lautenberg amendments, the Form 4473 all
check and ask if you are a "fugitive from justice" and if
those pilots do not go back to Brazil and get cleared, they
will be criminals here if the presently own, possess or buy
any firearms.

Yeah, but all those ****in' "laws" are unconstitutional, so it doesn't
matter...

--
"What part of SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED do you not understand?"
Old December 10th 06, 01:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kyle Boatright

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Greg Farris wrote:

I think the US pilots were given a one-way exit visa, and are not
expected to return.

I also thought it funny that they held them this long with no charges and
then charged them and returned their passports. Is this the Brazilian way
to say "we had to charge you, but really don't want to try you so get
outta here?"

Matt

Brazil isn't on my mental list of Banana Republics, but this case smacks of
blaming a couple of gringo's for a problem with Brazillian ATC.

Old December 10th 06, 09:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_1_]

So let's see... Find a new job and don't own a gun, or rot in a
Brazillian prison for years... Boy, that's a tough choice.

--Dan

Old December 10th 06, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blueskies

"Dan" wrote in message ups.com...
: So let's see... Find a new job and don't own a gun, or rot in a
: Brazillian prison for years... Boy, that's a tough choice.
:
: --Dan
:
:

So, you are saying they are guilty?

Dan D.

Old December 10th 06, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee

I never saw whether it was clear at the collision point. If so, were
they in a position (either aircraft) to see the other or is that
unrealistic?

Ron Lee

Old December 11th 06, 04:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_1_]

I'm saying that even though they are probably innocent, the Brazillian
courts are likely looking for a scapegoat. They stand a strong chance
of being found guilty even if they are not.

Dan