Step climbs

Old February 28th 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
TxSrv

Default mxsmanic

Mxsmanic wrote:
mxsmanic,why not buy a $10 book that has all your answers? also the
far/aim book will tell you more than you'll want to know. LJ

I have the book. It doesn't have all the answers.

That's because it's written for actual, experienced pilots,
not self-avowed experts trained on a PC game.

F--

Old February 28th 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
EridanMan

On Feb 28, 2:42 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
LJ Blodgett writes:
mxsmanic,why not buy a $10 book that has all your answers? also the
far/aim book will tell you more than you'll want to know. LJ

I have the book. It doesn't have all the answers.

I think the most infuriating thing to most of us is that a great
majority of your questions (especially this one), could have been
answered by taking 3 seconds to type "step climb" into Google (I just
checked).

I understand you're looking for knowledge... do you understand that
your manner chafes most of the individuals on this board? You could
have saved us all a great deal of frustration and headache had you
taken the few moments necessary to look up this information on your
own.

I understand this is against your nature, but I don't care how old you
are, its time you began to learn empathy.

Old March 1st 07, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Not4wood

Default Step climbs

MXs Lunatic; asks another pointless or meaningless question.

Your question is meaningless to us.

Not4wood

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
news
What is an (ICAO) step climb?

Old March 1st 07, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Not4wood

MXs Lunatic spews forth his nonsense again.

Manic your questions and answers are meaningless here.

Not4wood

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Tony writes:

We are as a group clearly not worthy of your postings. It's a sign of
very poor judgement on your part to ask questions in a forum where you
don't get the quality of responses you obviously deserve, so why don't
you let us go play with our little airplanes and go away?

It has nothing to do with worthiness. Judgements of worth are for people
with
ego problems.

Old March 1st 07, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Not4wood

MXs Lunatic spews forth his particular sim of life.

MX your questions and answers are meaningless to us.

Not4wood

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Kingfish writes:

MX, how the f**k can you possibly know a 747 can be flown single
pilot??

By studying the systems aboard. Most jet airliners with two-man crews can
be
flown by a single pilot, it's just a lot more difficult.

And don't say "because I do it all the time on sims"...

Why not?

The gear handle is on the F/O's side, and the left seater would need
orangutan arms to reach it I think.

Not at all. When the FO is the pilot flying, the captain lowers the gear,
and
he can reach over and do it with no trouble. I've seen him do it. I've
sat
in the cockpit myself. It's pretty small and both pilots can reach just
about
everything that they need to reach (by design, no doubt).

The 747-400 requires 2 pilots for a reason ...

For redundancy, and because it's a complex aircraft that is a lot easier
and
safer to fly when two people are handling it. But it _can_ be flown by
one
person, even if that's not a very good idea.

... As far as using autoland a sim pilot (or GA pilot for that matter)
would have no idea how to load and arm the approach.

I do it several times a day. It's not rocket science.

Old March 1st 07, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

TxSrv writes:

That's because it's written for actual, experienced pilots ...

No, that's because it is incomplete, like all information sources.

Old March 1st 07, 02:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

EridanMan writes:

I think the most infuriating thing to most of us is that a great
majority of your questions (especially this one), could have been
answered by taking 3 seconds to type "step climb" into Google (I just
checked).

That is arguably true of every single question asked on this newsgroup, so
that cannot be what infuriates you, because you are not infuriated by
questions asked by others. Try again.

I understand you're looking for knowledge... do you understand that
your manner chafes most of the individuals on this board?

It bothers some people, but that is their problem, not mine. I'm interested
in discussing and learning about aviation, not making friends.

You could
have saved us all a great deal of frustration and headache had you
taken the few moments necessary to look up this information on your
own.

See above.

I understand this is against your nature, but I don't care how old you
are, its time you began to learn empathy.

Maturity does not suffice?

Old March 1st 07, 04:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
EridanMan

That is arguably true of every single question asked on this newsgroup,

Others have a better understanding empathy and tact than yourself.

so that cannot be what infuriates you, because you are not infuriated by
questions asked by others.

That should only be further hint to you that there is something about
your manner which seriously clashes with this community.

Try again.

Case in point.

It bothers some people, but that is their problem, not mine.

So you see this forum as nothing more than a playground to exploit to
get your needs met, not as a community of fellow human beings who
share some of your interests...

Classic Sociopathic mindset.

I'm interested in discussing and learning about aviation, not making friends.

And it has never struck you for a second that through a bit of tact
and empathy might not have driven away those of us who were initially
eager to assist you?

Maturity does not suffice?

I would suggest that the level of animosity directed towards you on
this and many other forums you participate might suggest that your
definition of maturity does not suffice, no.

Old March 1st 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

EridanMan writes:

So you see this forum as nothing more than a playground to exploit to
get your needs met, not as a community of fellow human beings who
share some of your interests...

A resource, rather than a playground. No, I don't see it as a community.
People who treat mere newsgroups as communities may have some unresolved
issues. Not every venue for human interaction has to turn into a social club.

Classic Sociopathic mindset.

Were I to make a similar proclamation about aviation, you'd criticize me for
not being a credentialed expert in the field. What are your credentials for
diagnosing psychological problems?

And it has never struck you for a second that through a bit of tact
and empathy might not have driven away those of us who were initially
eager to assist you?

The ones who are driven away don't represent much of a loss. They tend to be
people with large egos that are unsupported by their knowledge bases or
intellect; blowhards who like to sound like experts but are not. They either
cannot answer my questions, or they give the wrong answers.

People who are smart, and not insecure, and reasonably mature, and
knowledgeable on the subject in question will answer without the knee-jerk
emotional response of the group described above, and they will not be driven
away. They are sometimes hard to hear above the background noise created by
the first group, they they are usually there, somewhere.

I would suggest that the level of animosity directed towards you on
this and many other forums you participate might suggest that your
definition of maturity does not suffice, no.

Animosity is not characteristic of maturity. What animosity have I manifested
in return for this hostility?

More importantly, why are so many posts discussing me, and not aviation? I
wish I could discuss aviation more, and me less.

Old March 1st 07, 05:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gary[_2_]

On Feb 28, 11:37 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
More importantly, why are so many posts discussing me, and not aviation? I
wish I could discuss aviation more, and me less.

We wish you could, too.

Diana-2 : next step Yurek Soaring 7 June 20th 05 07:29 PM
Flying on the step? [email protected] Piloting 30 November 3rd 04 01:06 AM
Step-up Planning O. Sami Saydjari Owning 24 October 4th 04 04:04 AM
Climbs, Descents, and Approaches pdxflyer Aviation Marketplace 0 March 7th 04 01:37 AM
Climbs and Descents pdxflyer Piloting 0 March 1st 04 07:17 AM