New theory of flight released Sept 2004

Old October 7th 04, 04:24 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Dudley Henriques wrote:

I'd say the Gremlins are pretty much in the same league as the lift
demons, but I think their work was a bit more mischievous!! :-)

One of the British pilots said that the Gremlins were little imps who "got behind the
panel, disconnected the 'gear-up' warning, and then moved the undercart lever back to
up when you were nicely established on final. After the dust settled down, they
reconnected the warning, jumped up on top of the panel, stuck their tongues out at
you, and left you to explain the mess to your C.O."

George Patterson
If a man gets into a fight 3,000 miles away from home, he *had* to have
been looking for it.
Old October 7th 04, 05:03 PM
Dudley Henriques

"Pat" wrote in message
om...

I too would be most upset to find that you had crashed and
burned...
Unlsess of course, Iwan Bogels got it on video and I could
entertain
myself with the fiery spectacle of your demise!

If your post was meant tongue in cheek, be advised I don't know you
and
you don't know me well enough to say something like this to me. If
you
meant it the other way, go f**k yourself!
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Flight Instructor/Aerobatics/Retired

Dudley,

It was meant tongue in cheek. Thought it was obvious, but I guess I
should have put in a JK or ).

Anyway, sorry you didn't see the humor. I don't know you and you
don't know me... Pretty much the same deal with 99% of the
individuals on these net newsgroups. If we can only joke around with
individuals we personally know and are close to, then these groups are
going to become quite dull...

Sorry again are sense of humor doesn't mesh. Fly safe.

-Pat

Are you so absolutely stupid you don't realize I just went through an
entire thread on this newsgroup with an idiot who have videos of a
personal friend of mine dying in a crash featured on his web site from a
link that beckons the viewer with the phrase "cool stuff"....this same
moron trying to sell this in public as a "flight safety service?"
Are you so GD stupid you don't realize that pilots coming from a
background like mine don't find this kind of thing amusing?
I'll say one thing for you. You're on the right newsgroup. Are you
perhaps the moron from "piloting" who wrote to me wishing that both me
and my entire family should die in a crash because I had the f*****g
audacity to tell him that critical angle of attack is the common
denominator for stall and not airspeed?
Even if you're not this person, I'm sure you will find no end of people
here who think this is real funny.
I'll tell you what's amusing. It's amusing that this specific newsgroup
seems to be the only newsgroup of all the aviation newsgroups to which I
belong and am known, where something like this would be considered as
"humorous" by anyone.
Do me a favor whoever you are. Killfile me so we don't have to bother
with each other's "humor" any more.

Old October 7th 04, 07:27 PM
BeaglePig

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in
ink.net:

"Pat" wrote in message
[...]

You take yourself WAY to seriously...

WAY too seriously....

Take some deep breaths.

Wait an hour after you write something to a newsgroup, then read again
before hitting send. It will do your nerves (not to mention your blood
pressure) a lot of good.

When conversing in newgroups, you're going to get all kinds of kooks,
it's to be expected. After following your severe over-reaction to
dreamed-up personal attacks I'm starting to think you could be one of
them, or perhaps just losing it a bit.

then tell me what you think of the guy who wrote them.

The fact is, your buddy's death was caught on film. It was probably on
TV several times. The video... IS "cool stuff" in that the definition
of "cool" in our society has come to mean: interesting, informative, and
yes even "entertaining." (Although the current Webster's defines the
slang definition as "excellent") Not the event itself, but the video of
the event...

You're going to have to get over this. Any guilt you may feel about the
incident (however unfounded) is something you'll have to deal with on
your own, and lashing out at others isn't going to help you.

Regards,

BeaglePig

Old October 7th 04, 08:06 PM
Dudley Henriques

"BeaglePig" wrote in message
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in
ink.net:

"Pat" wrote in message
[...]

them,
then tell me what you think of the guy who wrote them.

The fact is, your buddy's death was caught on film. It was probably
on
TV several times. The video... IS "cool stuff" in that the definition
of "cool" in our society has come to mean: interesting, informative,
and
yes even "entertaining." (Although the current Webster's defines the
slang definition as "excellent") Not the event itself, but the video
of
the event...

You're going to have to get over this. Any guilt you may feel about
the
incident (however unfounded) is something you'll have to deal with on
your own, and lashing out at others isn't going to help you.

Regards,

BeaglePig

Hey...watta ya know......the group psychologist arrives!!! :-))

Listen up there Pig!
Not that it matters, but like most idiot amateur Usenet psychologists ,
you are misreading my intention. Let me straighten you out here
ole'buddy if I can.
I'm not angry. I'm disgusted! There's a huge difference. I'm merely
telling a few of you folks how I view some of you morons on "piloting".
By doing that, I don't intend to make friends of the idiots I'm
addressing . The good people around here that I'm NOT talking to won't
be responding to my post anyway. They already share my disgust and will
remain internet friends regardless of my telling the rest of you clowns
to go to hell.
Actually, for your edification, what I'm REALLY doing with a post like
the one you're answering now is separating the morons like you from the
worthwhile posters on this group. You see, there's a plan going on here,
but idiots like you never seem to catch on.
The objective here isn't to "lash out" as you say. I don't care enough
about the specific people I'm addressing to "lash out" at them. All I'm
doing here my friend is getting things all nice and tidy for the
upcoming year of posting.
Morons like you will respond as you've done already and possibly will
again. Perhaps not. Who gives a damn? :-)
Other morons will do their little "plonk" thing. Those worth knowing and
having an intelligent aviation dialog with will already know me and
what's going on and keep out of it.
In the end, I'll know who's worth me taking my time with and who to
avoid around here. With any luck at all, people like you will just
killfile me and I'll be done with you. Then, when everything settles
out, all that will be left will be those who understand aviation the way
I do, and everybody will be happy campers. I'll know who to spend time
posting to on this group and who to avoid around here, and if that means
that there's only one person on this entire newsgroup worth my time,
this little exercise will have been worthwhile for me.
Get it yet? :-)

Old October 7th 04, 09:50 PM
BeaglePig

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in
link.net:

previous conversation snipped

[...]

HA! .... looks like a "lashing" to me, I can "feel" your anger as I
read it.

[...]

But seriously, did you type that and wait an hour, then re-read before
sending.... doubtfull grin.

BeaglePig... (former member of the Silent Majority of Lurkers (SML))

(Lurk mode back on)

Old October 7th 04, 10:39 PM
Dudley Henriques

"BeaglePig" wrote in message
[...]

Trust me BP, I'm giving you the straight skinny on this FWIW.
Believe me, after attending 32 funerals through fifty years of close
association with the low altitude demonstration community, including our
friends on the jet teams from several continents whom we have buried,
I'm not all that sensitive to these issues on the anger side of the
equation. I think I know the score on these issues, both crash video and
Usenet.
I'm just tired of having to separate the idiots from the good folks
around this particular newsgroup, and I've decided to take the gloves
off for awhile and sort out the chaff.
Like you have correctly said, there are all kinds of people on Usenet.
Most of the people on this group are fine and decent folks...yes, even
some of them who watch crash videos of friends of mine going in. These
people are different from the idiots out here however. They'll watch the
video, but don't feel the need to lecture someone like me, a pilot who
survived this extremely dangerous environment. If they want to discuss
it with me, they'll ASK....not tell!! Problem is, I've been wasting a
lot of my time posting to some people who don't deserve that time, and
it's these people, not the decent folks that my rather "direct" posting
style is geared to.
I've decided that in the future on Usenet, although I can't control
people who will post to me, I CAN control people to whom I will post and
share information.
So you see old buddy, that's all it is..........a sorting out process so
to speak......a thinning out of the unwashed as they say, from the
people I consider worth the sharing of my time, my effort, and my
experience......nothing more sinister than that.
All the direct language from me is simply to let specific posters know
how I feel about them in the hope they won't bother posting to me again.
Of course they can still do that, but at least they will be forewarned
that I am no longer a friendly response....completely hostile to them.
You would be surprised how effective this technique has been for me. I'd
estimate that I've gotten rid of at least 30% of the morons out here for
initial posting to me. Those idiots who persist I can either take on or
pass over, but at least I'm not having to open and read as many moronic
posts as I did before I adopted this tactic.
So you see, it might not be the best plan in the universe, and perhaps
you would be doing it differently, but it's working just fine for me.
Those who hate my guts are leaving...at least enough of them to make it
worth while. What's left are intelligent and decent posters with whom I
can and will have meaningful dialog for years to come. :-)

Old October 9th 04, 01:01 AM
Pat

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message link.net...
"Pat" wrote in message
[...]

My "Iwan Bogels" reference was meant as a "dig" at him (and his
website)... It wasn't meant to offend anyone other than Iwan. I'm
sorry that didn't come accross in my post.

I don't plan to killfile you. Despite the fact that our sense of
humor doesn't mesh, I still find many of your posts informative and
even entertaining. I'll continue to read as many as I can, as your
aviation experience is most definitely greater than mine is (and will
ever be). Again, sorry for the misunderstanding. For now, I'll
continue to read and shut up!

-Pat
Old October 9th 04, 01:14 AM
Dudley Henriques

"Pat" wrote in message
m...

Dudley,

My "Iwan Bogels" reference was meant as a "dig" at him (and his
website)... It wasn't meant to offend anyone other than Iwan. I'm
sorry that didn't come accross in my post.

I don't plan to killfile you. Despite the fact that our sense of
humor doesn't mesh, I still find many of your posts informative and
even entertaining. I'll continue to read as many as I can, as your
aviation experience is most definitely greater than mine is (and will
ever be). Again, sorry for the misunderstanding. For now, I'll
continue to read and shut up!

-Pat

I'm sorry Pat. It's quite obvious you didn't mean it the way I took it.
It's just that the way you put it to me without a smiley, especially
right after that mess of last week, my natural reaction was to include
you in the small group of loonies who have been tracking me on this
group and have been baiting me about the video issue.

Please accept my sincere apologies for my misread of your post and by
all means feel free to post to me anytime. I'll be honored to have a
dialog with you.
All the best, and thank you for the patient head's up!
Dudley

Old October 9th 04, 01:29 AM
Morgans

"Dudley Henriques" wrote

I'm sorry Pat. It's quite obvious you didn't mean it the way I took it.
It's just that the way you put it to me without a smiley, especially
right after that mess of last week, my natural reaction was to include
you in the small group of loonies who have been tracking me on this
group and have been baiting me about the video issue.

Please accept my sincere apologies for my misread of your post and by
all means feel free to post to me anytime. I'll be honored to have a
dialog with you.
All the best, and thank you for the patient head's up!
Dudley

I think that in your rush to weed out your persecutors, you are including a
great many others who share your views against Irwin's videos. The other's
advise to think before flying off the handle, is well said, and would have
made the heads up in this case unnecessary.

I believe if you looked into my pasts posts, you would find I am not a
"loon", and am generally good natured. I say this in all possible
friendliness. Try not to be so paranoid.
--
Jim in NC

---