Cirrus Killer? Cessna just doesn't get it...

Old October 1st 05, 02:04 PM
Dylan Smith

On 2005-09-30, ET wrote:
Without debating the idea of high wing vs low wing as far as flying
advantages, the "perception" (right or wrong)of the high wing is a lower
& slower plane . When have you seen a jet fighter with a high wing??

Well, the Panavia Tornado and the F-15 Eagle to mention just two. I
suppose you could argue it's more of a shoulder wing, but they certainly
aren't low wing planes.

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net
Old October 1st 05, 02:07 PM
Bob Noel

In article ,
(Paul Tomblin) wrote:

and their stuff, kids friends, and other general stuff. Four wheel drive,
so you can still go when it snows, or you park in the wet grass, and get

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Too bad they don't give you the ability to stop when it snows.

no worse than other vehicles.

--
Bob Noel
no one likes an educated mule

Old October 1st 05, 02:23 PM
Dylan Smith

On 2005-10-01, Jase Vanover wrote:
can't do this regardless of the design, however (how many times have you
equated "Cessna" with sexy, exclusive, and fast?)

Generally when travelling in a C210, C310 or CitationJet.
I think the 180 is sexy and exclusive. It may not be fast though :-)

Old October 1st 05, 02:49 PM
Dave Stadt

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Dave Stadt" wrote

I don't even try but if I had to guess I would say small penis.

I don't have a SUV, but I think that characterization is off target.

It really isn't that hard to figure out. Lots of room to haul people,

kids
and their stuff, kids friends, and other general stuff. Four wheel drive,
so you can still go when it snows, or you park in the wet grass, and get
stuck. A feeling of security, when you are driving by a 53 foot long
semi-truck trailer being pulled by a 28 foot tractor, or when pitted

against
a little import in a crash situation. Showing, for all to see, that you

are
successful enough to be able to afford how ever much gas it burns, no

matter
what the cost. The ability to pull trailers with ease, filled with

whatever
toys you have, like boats, camping trailers, lawn mower trailers, covered
trailers for moving your kids into school, or what ever other trailer you
might want to pull.

Try doing all of that with your Toyota Corolla.
--
Jim in NC

Most SUVs are driven by one person going to work on dry pavement. Most do
not pull trailers. Most do not have 4-wheel drive and I quite often pass
them like they were standing still in the snow with my Saturn wagon. The
safety aspect is suspect.

Old October 1st 05, 02:59 PM
Dave Stadt

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Dave Stadt wrote:
"Sylvain" wrote in message

Dave Stadt wrote:

Those that buy based on perception deserve what they get. I know far

more

people that buy based on mission than perception.

then how do you explain SUVs?

--Sylvain

I don't even try but if I had to guess I would say small penis.

Because that is your problem? I don't own an SUV, but I do own a
full-size pickup. It would be very hard to mount my snowplow and haul
firewood with a car.

Matt

Well no, I have owned a number of full size pick-ups when I had a mission
that required one.

Old October 1st 05, 07:07 PM
Jase Vanover

Perhaps, but the point I'm trying to make is that regardless of the plane,
"Cessna" the brand isn't sexy. Ask 10 people what image the brand conjures
up for them, and see how many times sexy, fast or exclusive comes up. I'd
be that for every one who thinks CitationJet, there will be 9 that think of
172's.

PS. I also think the Cardinal is rather a looker...

Old October 1st 05, 08:37 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Bob Noel said:
In article ,
(Paul Tomblin) wrote:
and their stuff, kids friends, and other general stuff. Four wheel drive,
so you can still go when it snows, or you park in the wet grass, and get

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Too bad they don't give you the ability to stop when it snows.

no worse than other vehicles.

Only twice as heavy and more susceptable to side winds.

I've gotten into a lot more trouble when I can't stop when it's snowing
than I have when I can't go. "Can't go" is an inconvenience, "can't stop"
is life threatening.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
with their street address, or should I wait for a second offence?
Old October 1st 05, 08:59 PM
Andrew Gideon

Sylvain wrote:

then how do you explain SUVs?

My brother in law has one. He explains that his accountant told him that it
saved him money somehow based upon some tax break specifically designed to
encourage purchase of that type of vehicle. Since he drives very little
(ie. the fuel cost is less of a factor in his life), it made sense.

Why there'd be such a law, I've zero idea. It seems odd to me.

A friend of mine also owns one, but he uses it for lugging his boat around.
He drives a far more sensible vehicle other times.

[Of course, one could question the sense of a large boat in terms of fuel
costs. But then I'm sure some people could raise the same spectre for
aircraft laugh.]

- Andrew

Old October 1st 05, 09:03 PM
Andrew Gideon

Jase Vanover wrote:

AskÂ*10Â*peopleÂ*whatÂ*imageÂ*theÂ*brandÂ*conjures
up for them, and see how many times sexy, fast or exclusive comes up.

That just makes it easier to surprise them.

- Andrew

Old October 1st 05, 09:23 PM
john smith

In article ,
ET wrote:

Ken Reed wrote in news:mfo%e.5268$zQ3.1253
@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Many pilots wives are much less nervous about flying with a BRS
installed.

That was a very significant factor for me buying a Cirrus.

KR

Thanks for the admission, I know 3 other pilot personally who feel the
same... (and wrote the check to prove it) "WE" know that the "REAL"
need for the BRS is a very small percentage of accidents, but our non-
pilot friends/loved ones have a whole different perception....

Only two situations I can think of where having a BRS would save my
butt...
1.) mid-air collision
2.) loss of prop and/or engine (due to vibration from broken prop).
Yes, I have seen the Sean Tucker video.