People...

Old October 11th 07, 07:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

Default People...

Brilliant. How does he come up with this stuff?

My guess is LSD.

Nope. He should be on one (or more) of a number of drugs meant to help
people with serious psychological disorders. Seriously.
--
Jim in NC

Old October 11th 07, 12:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Nomen Nescio writes:

A damned good estimate of the rate that will maximize profit.

The results could be rather surprising.

Since it's so easy, why don't you work it out yourself and annouce the answer
here? I'm sure Jay would be interested.
Old October 11th 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Nomen Nescio writes:

A damned good estimate of the rate that will maximize profit.

The results could be rather surprising.

Since it's so easy, why don't you work it out yourself and annouce the
answer here? I'm sure Jay would be interested.

Why, when we hasve you to tell us, well, everything!

Bertie
Old October 11th 07, 02:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

The results could be rather surprising.

Since it's so easy, why don't you work it out yourself and annouce the answer
here? I'm sure Jay would be interested.

Yep, I would!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 11th 07, 02:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Mxsmanic wrote:
Nomen Nescio writes:

I couldn't count the number of times my resume moved toward the top
of the pile for ONE reason.
Age 14- picked Tobacco all summer for $1.25/hr.

You were told that your resume was moved to the top, and why? That's
extremely unusual.

You're ignoring a skill that a minimum wage job may not develop, but
it certainly verifies.............The ability to actually do WORK.

For every former fast-food employee who does well, there are a
thousand who do poorly.

I hire people and help other companies hire people for a living. I do it
every single day 5 or 6 days a week.

Let's say I have two applicants, both recent graduates that are pretty much
equal in all respects except one has worked since they could at virtually
any job and the other didn't. I and EVERY HR person I know is going to hire
the one with the work history.

You show me someone that worked since they were 15 or 16 and then went on to
make B's in a state school and I will hire them over a guy that made A's at
a major who never worked a day in their life.

Old October 11th 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Gig 601XL Builder writes:

Let's say I have two applicants, both recent graduates that are pretty much
equal in all respects except one has worked since they could at virtually
any job and the other didn't. I and EVERY HR person I know is going to hire
the one with the work history.

The problem is that all else is never equal.
Old October 11th 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Mxsmanic wrote:
Gig 601XL Builder writes:

Let's say I have two applicants, both recent graduates that are
pretty much equal in all respects except one has worked since they
could at virtually any job and the other didn't. I and EVERY HR
person I know is going to hire the one with the work history.

The problem is that all else is never equal.

This coming from a ****wit that has never hired a person in their life. I,
on the other hand, who was involved in the hiring of over 500 people so far
in 2007 see it all the time.

Old October 12th 07, 12:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Sure, I'd be happy to.
I'll leave it up to you to convince Jay to post the required financial
data in this thread, though.

Whaddya need to know?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 12th 07, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ken Finney[_2_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ps.com...
There is a supermarket in my town (also a college town) that pays
about twice as much per hour. They don't have problems finding good
employees, and it is a pleasure to shop there - even though they are
not cheap.

We would love to pay our employees $16 per hour. Heck, I'd like to
pay myself that much!

We are in a strange spot regarding our prices (and, thus, our ability
to pay more). Many who stay with us request "the cheapest thing
you've got" but -- after hearing so much about us now -- they expect
the world from us.

These high expectations can lead to real problems. I always feel
guilty giving someone "the cheapest thing we've got" knowing that it
won't live up to their expectations (or what they've heard) of us, but
the flip-side is that I can't afford to give them the coolest
honeymoon suite for $69, either.

It's a real Catch-22. We find ourselves ever more busy -- we're now
running 80+% occupancy -- but we're scared to death to raise our
rates, due to our competitive position. In fact, we haven't raised
rates since we bought the hotel in 2002 -- that's five years of
holding the line on rates -- but in the meantime we've added service
after service.

This has severely limited our ability to pay our employees more, since
we're being ever more tightly squeezed by energy costs (up 35% in five
years!) and tax increases. Eventually the pressure will become
impossible to bear, and we will be forced to raise rates -- but surely
at the expense of occupancy.

Finding the "happy medium" is always the trick, and has forced many
good businesses under.

Jay-

One thing to think about: Many of your visitors are, I expect, on business
trips. The IRS allows (1040, Schedule C) lodging expenses to be fully
deducted, but only 50% of meals. So to business travelers, meals provided
(e.g continental breakfasts) fall under "lodging", and are fully deductable,
making them more valuable than you would otherwise think.

Old October 12th 07, 05:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Gig 601XL Builder writes:

Let's say I have two applicants, both recent graduates that are
pretty much equal in all respects except one has worked since they
could at virtually any job and the other didn't. I and EVERY HR
person I know is going to hire the one with the work history.

The problem is that all else is never equal.

Which would explain why you are broke,

Wannabe boi

Bertie

"Airplanes don't kill people!, people kill people!" Laonork Owning 8 May 21st 12 05:56 AM
Are People Still Flying As Much Around You? Jay Honeck Piloting 38 November 14th 05 12:41 AM
Some People Dale General Aviation 1 July 4th 05 06:33 PM
"Airplanes don't kill people!, people kill people!" Flyingmonk Piloting 11 May 17th 05 10:26 AM
C-182 and 5 people Chris Piloting 13 November 8th 04 03:41 AM