Viable alternatives for serious aviation discussion

Old August 19th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

Default Viable alternatives for serious aviation discussion

On 2008-08-19 09:01:13 -0700, "RST Engineering" said:

I can count the number of pilots I know on my appendages without taking off
my pants. I know THOUSANDS of airplane drivers, though.

Jim

Maybe. But tell me, where do you draw the line between them? And who
appointed you to be the one to do so?

And please, keep your pants on, even though we cannot see you.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old August 19th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Dudley Henriques writes:

The web based forums I frequent are moderated ONLY for abusive and/or
off topic posting. As long as your post is non-abusive and on topic,
you are in effect unmoderated.

I've worked as a moderator in the past.

Figgers

Nothing in your future, though.

Ever.

Bertie
Old August 19th 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Maxie's pathetic nym shifting and froup snipping

"The Bunyip Slayer" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .

sigh Another one for the kill file.

Won't do you much goood. He's nym shifting for three reasons.
Primarily, in
an attempt to avoid being sanctioned by his server for spewing like
he did before. Secondly to avoid being hammered by the AUK guys and
garnering another prestiguous AUK award, and last, but not least, to
avoid killfiles.

Bertie

Classic example of a clueless know-it-all. You really are gone on the
kook **** aren't you. What a lamer.

Nope, just did it because you keep forging my name. Better luck next
time.

Nope, I never forged anything.

If i had I would have been booted long ago.

Sonce you komplaned and I am still here, that is proof that you are
lying.

Also, as further proof that you are afraid of getting another award, you
snip froups.

Bertie

Old August 19th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

5 by 5 wrote:
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
Please continue posting these comments from me. It saves me from doing it
myself.
Thanks

--
Dudley Henriques

What ever it takes to highlight the self centered spammer you really are.

Here, let's continue to do this. I love dealing with idiots.

Viable alternatives to RAP as it exists for this moron would be;

http://www.purpleboard.net/~purplebo/forums/index.php
http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/index.php

--
Dudley Henriques
Old August 19th 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote:
Dudley Henriques writes:

The web based forums I frequent are moderated ONLY for abusive and/or
off topic posting. As long as your post is non-abusive and on topic, you
are in effect unmoderated.

I've worked as a moderator in the past. It is virtually impossible to
objectively determine whether or not a post is abusive, off-topic, etc., and
inevitably prejudices work their way into the decisions. Most moderators lack
the experience or will to do things right and are dramatically subjective in
their decisions.

One can always spout off the mantra about free speech.

The founders of the United States spouted off about it all the time.

If the freedom to be subjected to abusive posting and off topic posting
is your thing, then by all means, there's Usenet.

It doesn't bother me, and it's a tiny price to pay for an important liberty.

To these people I say this; even in a country that guarantees free
speech, you can not cry "FIRE" in a crowded theater.

Actually you can. There is no prior restraint, and there is no censorship.

Obviously, moderated forums are not for you. I know a WHOLE lot of
people who will deeply appreciate that fact :-)

--
Dudley Henriques
Old August 19th 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

5 by 5 wrote:
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
Believe it or not, it's actually possible to be at several places at the
same time; there for aviation, here to bug the likes of you. Doesn't
bopther me a bit yo yo :-)

--
Dudley Henriques

Good. So you openly admit, you're just here to BUG the people you disagree
with.

Very well put, Dumbley.

Thank you. I appreciate your support.

--
Dudley Henriques
Old August 19th 08, 10:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

On 2008-08-19 04:13:32 -0700, Dudley Henriques said:

Once again I will post below for anyone interested in serious aviation
related discussion the following alternative web based newsgroups. I
will repost this notice periodically.
Many of the pilots who used to post here are now posting at the
following forums. It's a slightly different format from Usenet but in
lieu of what's happening on RAP, you just might want to take a look at
these alternatives.

Reading the answers that follow this post might help to serve as an
added incentive for you to give these groups a try. :-))

Thanks, Dudley. And you were right, as usual.

Hi CJ;

Getting to be a real circus isn't it? :-)) Somebody apparently put out a
general call to the loony bin for all the loons to gather here for the
feast.
Personally, I see what has happened here as a perfect example of man's
ultimate failure to govern himself; the perfect example of a "Lord of
the Flies" syndrome.
Interesting really....psychologically anyway :-)

--
Dudley Henriques
Old August 19th 08, 11:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

I can count the number of pilots I know on my appendages without taking
off
my pants. I know THOUSANDS of airplane drivers, though.

Jim

Maybe. But tell me, where do you draw the line between them?

I guess it's paraphrasing the Supreme Court justice to say I can't define
it, but I know it when I see it.

And who
appointed you to be the one to do so?

Last I looked, we each appoint ourselves to make judgement calls like this.
I've never met you, never flown with you, and know nothing about you.
THerefore you don't fit either category, do you? I freely admit that the
majority of my students wind up as airplane drivers, though one or perhaps
two of them turned out to be pilots.

And please, keep your pants on, even though we cannot see you.

Chairs in your house have real straight legs on them, don't they? {;-)

Jim