Not to sound like an F-22 cheerleader but I thought this was interesting. . .

Old June 3rd 04, 04:54 AM
Denyav

The F-22 and F-35 will give the US Military
absolute air dominance.

Sorry that the facts interfere with your anti-US ravings.

Anti US ?
I guess you are underestimating US capabilities,two of the existing multistatic
systems are "Made in USA".

Apparently you have not much confidence in US capabilities !.
Old June 3rd 04, 05:31 PM
Tom Cooper

"Alan Minyard" wrote in message
news
The USAF and the USMC/USN aircraft are, by a large margin, the best
in the world. The rumored "multi-static" radars are vapor ware, and the
"new" Russian aircraft are either simply rumors or prototypes that will
never enter production. The F-22 and F-35 will give the US Military
absolute air dominance.

Well, what you apparently refuse to see is that there are plenty of
Su-30-clones around _in service_ right now, but that the F-22 and the F-35
are still years away from being available to operational units. But, I guess
this doesn't matter to you.

If you consider that there are over 200 Su-27/30s supported by several AWACS
in Chinese service alone right now, how do you think could the USAF and the
USN help defend Taiwan - just for example - with two squadrons of F-15s (on
Okinawa) and few squadrons of Hornets on the carrier based in Japan?

Sorry that the facts interfere with your anti-US ravings.

Yes, Al,
very good: just continue adding fuel on fire of those that really hate the
USA and consider the Americans for a bunch of ignorant and undereducated
idiots. The Europe is full of such people, and they are all happy when they
can read something like your post here - especially when somebody reacts in
the way you do against people who live in the Europe.

The problem is only that you've found yourself a wrong one - like usually in
such cases: so now there are going to even more of those here who also think
that most Americans can't even read properly... sigh...

Tom Cooper
Freelance Aviation Journalist & Historian
Vienna, Austria

Author:
Iran-Iraq War in the Air, 1980-1988:
http://www.acig.org/pg1/content.php

Iranian F-14 Tomcat Units in Combat
http://www.ospreypublishing.com/titl...hp/title=S7875

Iranian F-4 Phantom II Units in Combat
http://www.ospreypublishing.com/titl...hp/title=S6585

African MiGs
http://www.acig.org/afmig/

Arab MiG-19 & MiG-21 Units in Combat
http://www.ospreypublishing.com/titl...=S6550~ser=COM

Old June 3rd 04, 05:31 PM
Tom Cooper

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message

If you want to bang
someone over the head, look in the freakin' mirror and do a better job of
wordsmithing--as a self-aggrandizing "freelance aviation journalist" you
should be able to communicate your thoughts in an intelligible manner.

Sigh...seems that with my signature is your only problem here... or what,
Kevin?

Tom Cooper
Freelance Aviation Journalist & Historian
Vienna, Austria

Author:

Old June 3rd 04, 09:31 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Tom Cooper" wrote in message

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message

If you want to bang
someone over the head, look in the freakin' mirror and do a better job

of
wordsmithing--as a self-aggrandizing "freelance aviation journalist" you
should be able to communicate your thoughts in an intelligible manner.

Sigh...seems that with my signature is your only problem here... or what,
Kevin?

How cute! Sigh...? Typical--you make bold-faced statements, whether through
very poor wording or not, and then try and claim you did not make them, and
then trump it all by snipping the part of the response you don't like. Sad.

Brooks

Tom Cooper

Old June 3rd 04, 11:58 PM
Pete

"Tom Cooper" wrote

If you consider that there are over 200 Su-27/30s supported by several

AWACS
in Chinese service alone right now, how do you think could the USAF and

the
USN help defend Taiwan - just for example - with two squadrons of F-15s

(on
Okinawa) and few squadrons of Hornets on the carrier based in Japan?

I should think that the 200 or so Taiwanese F-16's and Mirages would want a
part of that.

Pete

Old June 4th 04, 01:37 AM
Tom Cooper

"Tom Cooper" wrote in message

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message

If you want to bang
someone over the head, look in the freakin' mirror and do a better job

of
wordsmithing--as a self-aggrandizing "freelance aviation journalist"

you
should be able to communicate your thoughts in an intelligible manner.

Sigh...seems that with my signature is your only problem here... or

what,
Kevin?

How cute! Sigh...? Typical--you make bold-faced statements, whether

through
very poor wording or not, and then try and claim you did not make them,

and
then trump it all by snipping the part of the response you don't like.

Sad.

So, it is my signature after all, Kevin? ;-)))

Thanks a lot for confirmation - otherwise you wouldn't come babbling about
"bold-faced" statements, then I don't know where have I posted such.

BTW, I don't remember to be in a need some kind of special permission from
you for what I'm doing - here or anywhere else - and I have also not
misunderstood this NG for some courtroom. So, I'm telling it again: go and
find yourself somebody else to play - or keep on playing with yourself. I'm
not the least interested.

Tom Cooper
Freelance Aviation Journalist & Historian
Vienna, Austria

Author:

Old June 4th 04, 01:37 AM
Tom Cooper

"Pete" wrote in message

"Tom Cooper" wrote

If you consider that there are over 200 Su-27/30s supported by several

AWACS
in Chinese service alone right now, how do you think could the USAF and

the
USN help defend Taiwan - just for example - with two squadrons of F-15s

(on
Okinawa) and few squadrons of Hornets on the carrier based in Japan?

I should think that the 200 or so Taiwanese F-16's and Mirages would want

part of that.

Super: now the ROCAF should be fighting to establish air superiority for the
USAF and the USN?

What an argument... But, if we're talking about "mine is bigger than yours":
by the time the first F-22s are going to enter service there are going to be
over 400 Su-27/30s in China, plus some 300 J-10s, JF-17s and similar
animals. In an environment where nothing short of at least a 1:6 exchange
ratio would be needed, but where anything beyond 1:3 is actually unlikely
(at least according to calculations based on current data), not a very
brilliant prospect.

But OK; feel yourself as "winners": obviously warning about such matters is
considered here as "anti-US", so I guess somebody has first to hit the wall
head-on... (it wouldn't be the first time, but at least that functions for
sure).

Tom Cooper
Freelance Aviation Journalist & Historian
Vienna, Austria

Author:

Old June 4th 04, 02:19 AM
Pete

"Tom Cooper" wrote i

Super: now the ROCAF should be fighting to establish air superiority for

the
USAF and the USN?

What an argument...

No, they should be fighting for their own territory. Unless you think the
USAF and USN should be able to go it alone, everywhere around the globe at
the same time.

Pete

Old June 4th 04, 03:28 AM
Kevin Brooks

"Tom Cooper" wrote in message
news

"Pete" wrote in message

"Tom Cooper" wrote

If you consider that there are over 200 Su-27/30s supported by several

AWACS
in Chinese service alone right now, how do you think could the USAF

and
the
USN help defend Taiwan - just for example - with two squadrons of

F-15s
(on
Okinawa) and few squadrons of Hornets on the carrier based in Japan?

I should think that the 200 or so Taiwanese F-16's and Mirages would

want
part of that.

Super: now the ROCAF should be fighting to establish air superiority for

the
USAF and the USN?

That statement is even more preposterous than your assertion that the USN is
involved in redefining the air-to-air arena to support fielding of the
F/A-22. The ROCAF would, if the US became involved, be fighting the same
enemy in the same geographical area, and you can bet it would be in
coordination with US assets. That you have chosen to completely disregard
the contribution of the ROCAF may be convenient for your agenda, but it is a
ludicrous oversight.

What an argument... But, if we're talking about "mine is bigger than

yours":
by the time the first F-22s are going to enter service there are going to

be
over 400 Su-27/30s in China,

Let's see, the first F/A-22's have already entered into their operational
test and eval phase, and the 1st TFW is scheduled to get their first birds
in the 2005-06 timeframe IIRC. The PLAAF has, from what I have seen on the
sinodefence.com site, some 120 total Su-27/30 variants in service now (out
of a total of some 175 on order) from Russia and some 200 in the
construction pipeline in the PRC, and indicates that it is expected some 48
aircraft will be added to the 120 number in service by 2006--it would appear
that your timeline may be a little off, unless you think all of those 200 or
so domestic production examples will be completed over the next year or two
(and then they's still have to order another 25 or so Russian built aircraft
just to meet your four hundred figure, much less acheive "over 400").

plus some 300 J-10s, JF-17s and similar
animals.

What?! You actually think they are going to field that number of J-10's and
FC-1/JF-17's over the next couple of years? Holy crap, Batman--the FC-1 just
had its maiden rollout last year (and is intended to meet export market
requirements--no indication yet it will enter into PLAAF service)! The J-10
has been a pretty slow program--last I heard they were still dicking around
with which engine to mount in it, and there is some doubt as to whether or
not it will *ever* enter into major frontline service with either PLAN or
PLAAF units in anything other than nominal numbers.

In an environment where nothing short of at least a 1:6 exchange
ratio would be needed, but where anything beyond 1:3 is actually unlikely
(at least according to calculations based on current data), not a very
brilliant prospect.

If the aforementioned numbers are representative of your "data", then excuse
me for not buying into the validity of your assertion (which also discounts
PLAAF losses due to ADA, SAM, and interdiction efforts, I presume).

But OK; feel yourself as "winners": obviously warning about such matters

is
considered here as "anti-US", so I guess somebody has first to hit the

wall
head-on... (it wouldn't be the first time, but at least that functions for
sure).

You have to be able to present a credible case--you have fallen far short
thus far. Merely playing Chicken Little, without a decent set of supporting
data, is not going to get you too far.

Brooks

Tom Cooper

Old June 4th 04, 03:30 AM
Kevin Brooks

"Tom Cooper" wrote in message

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message

"Tom Cooper" wrote in

message

[...]

Having just read the baseless hype you dumped on Pete about the PRC fielding
some six hundred new advanced aircraft over the next year or two, I'd say
you have your own hands full enough right now.

Brooks

Tom Cooper