Why did Bush join the national guard?

Old September 6th 04, 04:40 AM
Kevin Brooks

"BUFDRVR" wrote in message
ArtKramr wrote:

But I never for one moment considered joining the
reserve. I really wanted ot go to war, not avoid it.

Go get 'em Brooks...or are you tired of correcting him on this issue?

What is the point anymore? It is now painfully obvious to anyone with half a
brain that Art is a pathological liar, especially when it comes to his
defaming the reputation of entire reserve components that had in fact been
in federal service for almost three *years* before he was even eligable to
enlist, or making false statements such as joining the reserves was an
option he then had, when in fact there was NO reserve organization left by
that time. I notice that even Art's usual band of posterior-embracing idiots
have grown rather silent of late--I think he has finally managed to drive
off even those few folks now. I am guessing he is not far from one of his,
"I won't take this any longer, I am leaving RAM for good!" snits, to which
most will obviously reply, "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way
out..."

Brooks

BUFDRVR

"Stay on the bomb run boys, I'm gonna get those bomb doors open if it

harelips
everyone on Bear Creek"

Old September 6th 04, 04:49 AM
ArtKramr

Subject: Why did Bush join the national guard?
From: "Kevin Brooks"

uessing he is not far from one of his,
"I won't take this any longer, I am leaving RAM for good!" snits, to which
most will obviously reply, "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way
out..."

I'm not going anywhere. I am here to stay to remind all of your military
cowardice.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old September 6th 04, 07:05 AM
Pete

"ArtKramr" wrote

Good question that deserves a serious answer. I was in my senior year at
Abraham Lincoln High School in New York. We were visited by recruiting

officers
from the Air Corps,, The Navy and the Marines. They made extensive
presentations about just what it would be like to join their services.

They had
combat veterans back from action address us and tell us how much we were

needed
and what it would be like to serve with them. I was taken by two

presentations;
the Army AIr Corps and the Navy V5 program which was naval aviation. I

opted
for the Air Corps. I had to take a lot of tests; written oral and physical

Upon
passing all of them I was informed that I was accepted as an AIr Corps

Cadet
candidate and would be called up after my high school graduation. I was
interested in the Naval aviation program almost as much as the AAC

presntaion
but since I could only shoose one I took the Army Air corps. As the term

came
to an end I anxiously awaited my graduation and my call up into the Air

Cadet
program. But I had one overiding fear. I was afraid the war would end

before I
got there. It didn't. But I never for one moment considered joining the
reserve. I really wanted ot go to war, not avoid it.But i was very

young.But
the rest of the guys in my HS class flet just as I did. And of all of us

that
chose the Army AIr Corps from that class, I was the only surivor.

Here's a question, Art.

If joining the Reserve was your best (maybe only) shot at an aircrew slot,
would you have done it?
Or would your desire to "go to war" overrided that, and you would have
instead have volunteered for the infantry?

Pete

Old September 6th 04, 04:10 PM
ArtKramr

From: "Pete"
Date: 9/5/2004 11:05 PM Pacific Standard Time

[...]

The "reserve" means held back. Back then it was a disgrace to join the reserve.
Kids were leaving school and coming back in Marine, Army and Navy uniforms and
we all wanted to go. I wanted to also but after the represent of the ArmyAir
Corps addressed us my mind was made up. I wwanted to fly. And there was a song
popular at that time. It went " Zoot suits and parachutes and wings of silver
too. He'll buzz the clouds as his daddy used to do" I was hooked by the Air
Corp I was afraid I couldn't pass the exams but I was good at math and physics
and passed easily. The physical was no problem since I was on the track and
football teams and in good shape. Next thing I knew I was 10,000 feet over the
Rhine in heavy flak fields doing what I was trained to do. And I'm still here
to tell about it.

Old September 6th 04, 04:28 PM
Bob Coe

"ArtKramr" wrote

The "reserve" means held back. Back then it was a disgrace to join the reserve.

Back then people were eating out of garbage cans to survive you moron.

Old September 6th 04, 07:47 PM
Pete

"ArtKramr" wrote

The "reserve" means held back.

Not at the time. The Guard & Reserve troops were fully assimilated into the
war effort.

Back then it was a disgrace to join the reserve.

Times have changes since WWII.

[...]

A non-answer to my question. But that is to be expected.

Pete

Old September 6th 04, 08:50 PM
Kevin Brooks

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

snip

The "reserve" means held back. Back then it was a disgrace to join the

reserve.

Bullpoopie again, Art. There was NO reserve component left "back then"--they
had all been federalized into active service long before you enlisted, and
the Guard forces were not reconstituted as reserve elements until after the
war was over.

snip

And I'm still here
to tell about it.

Being as you can't get the basic facts right, most folks could care less
what you have to "tell"--you have already told too many lies.

Brooks

Arthur Kramer

Old September 7th 04, 01:09 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

So now you are taking credit for your cousins military action while you
did
nothin? What a fraud eouy are.

What's an "eouy"?

And he flew C-54's in WW II? How did he do that?

Are you asking how airplanes fly?

What was his unit?. What theatre. If he flew C-54's in WW II he didn't
****.

Another asinine statement.

You are just another dumb wannewabbee telling combat veterans what
it was really like.

How did you manage to avoid learning anything about military aviation while
you were in the USAAF?

Old September 7th 04, 06:10 AM
Ian MacLure

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
ink.net:

[snip]

How did you manage to avoid learning anything about military aviation
while you were in the USAAF?

He was a bombardier.
They were notorious for needing help ( cf: Yossarian )

IBM

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
George W. Bush Abortion Scandal that should have been Psalm 110 Military Aviation 0 August 12th 04 09:40 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM