"The New Soldier" by John Kerry et al

Old February 16th 04, 11:58 PM
Alan Minyard

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 00:56:07 -0500, "Kevin Brooks" wrote:

"Jack Linthicum" wrote in message
om...
"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message

Now it's time for you to answer a question I didn't ask or make some
gratuitous comment about the 'cheapness' of Kerry's Purple Hearts.

Not gratuitous--the comment about the PH's is valid; can you name any

other
troops who got three of those without missing any duty days?

Technically he missed two days. Next time you've taken shrapnel in the
thigh remember those little scratches. Kerry didn't make the rules but
he played them.

Well, in the same spirit as the Kerry camp's "release Bush's records now"
chants of a few days back, I am sure a full release of any medical records
listing the severity of said wounds would be welcomed with open arms by
Kerry, right?

It's 30 years, as I have said elsewhere would you like what you did 30
years ago laid out today in terms of today's standards?

There is a wee bit of a difference when what the guy is saying is that the
majority of the grunts and their leaders were guilty of war crimes. That is
what Mr. Kerry was saying thirty years ago.

Brooks

I suspect that Kerry's "injuries" were paper cuts.

Al Minyard
Old February 17th 04, 01:44 AM
BUFDRVR

Not only did most active military not love Clinton, most detested the
man
and couldn't wait for him to leave office.

And you know this since you're the self-appointed spokesman for the
active duty military...right?

During the Clinton administration I was at 3 bases, in 5 different commands
working with 3 uniquely different weapons systems and *everywhere* I went there
was nothing but disdain for Clinton. Am I spokesman? Obviously not, but I'd say
in my "travels", I hit nearly 75% of the USAF demographics and knew of *one*
person, Uno (interestingly enough a fellow B-52 pilot) who supported Clinton.
Every other person I met hated the man. I'd say that's a fair sampling of the
USAF. Additionally I spent a month at sea with guys & gals from the 3 other
services just prior to ALLIED FORCE, my experience was no different than the
USAF, complete disdain.

It's possible to support both, neither, or either
or.

So you admit you were a fool (albeit a lucky one) when you jumped to the
conclusion that I support Bush just because I don't support Kerry? Good,
progress.

I happen to support Mr. Kerry and know he will make a fine president
when we elect him in.

I'll bet he doesn't carry 10 states. He's got *a lot* of dirt on him and unlike
the friendly confines of the Democratic party, the Republicans are just waiting
to unload on him.

I mean, that's not the case with me (I think
Bush
is the right man for the job at the current time),

What job is that?

POTUS

Sacrificing American lives under false pretenses?

What proof do you have he's done this? Ahh, I thought not...

Caring more about spending countless millions of dollars in failed
nation building while ignoring the losss of 2.2 million jobs at home?

Bush didn't sign, or bless NAFTA, that was the Democrats, if you've got a gripe
take it up with them. Jobs began leaving this country in mid-99 when NAFTA took
hold. Blaming Bush for NAFTA is ridiculous.

What exactly is he right for?

The economy and the War On Terror. What exactly would Kerry be good for? Maybe,
if elected, Kerry can some how manage to find a lonely rich country for the US
to marry and fix our econmy that way, hell its worked for him....*twice*.

And you know this, because in addition to being the supreme spokesman
for active duty military, you are also a political pollster very much in
tune with what a "growing number of Democrats"

No genius, I can read. Just pick up a newspaper or a news magazine. As Kerry's
momentum builds, more and more Democrats are becoming publically concerned.
Hell, there's even a Democratic Senator from Georgia whose come out and said
that he'd vote for Bush before he voted for Kerry.

Even so, I could care less about party labels any more,
because they mean so little.

Sure you do.

I vote on the issues, and who I think will
best address them.

Sure you do.

As a disabled veteran, I put a lot of importance on
how a candidate treats his country's vets.

No candidate is ever going to say, publically, if he's going to cut VA
benefits. Clinton didn't, what makes you think Kerry will be any better?
Because he said so? ROFLMAO.........

Bush has done more to gut VA
benefits than any president since his daddy.

Wrong. Clinton, under the great HMO scam, completely changed the way vets
receive health care. Our hospital at Barksdale went from a bustling place (lots
of retired vets in and around Shreveport) to a ghost town over night. I used to
drive on base past the protestors *every day*. Some pretty interesting signs.
What's even more interesting is these horrible cuts that you claim Bush made
have not had nearly the impact, no protestors and the vets that eventually
managed to stiff arm their way back into the hospital, are still there.

How you, a combat vet, can
defend that with a straight face is beyond me.

I don't defend any cuts, but I'm well aware of the fiscal reality of today and
without being in the cabnit meeting where the discussion took place only gives
you half the story. You must realize that people in my generation are going to
be less sympathetic, not because we're mean, but because we've got better
chances of winning the lottery than ever seeing a dime of the thousands we're
putting into SS, so hearing older people complain about a *reduction* in their
benefits makes us (who will only have our self initiated benefits) a little
unsympathetic.

I support Bush, and plan on voting for him next
November

Good for you. My vote cancels yours out. ; )

I doubt it, unless you're a resident of North Dakota.

Is Bush's open support for the continued off-shoring of American
high-tech jobs to 2nd and 3rd world countries and example of Bush
putting the USA first?

Bush is playing the hand dealt to him. What's he supposed to do, prohibit
corporations from hiring overseas labor? The Democrats slamed Bush's father for
not immediately signing NAFTA, now hold this Bush responsible for the
results...priceless.

Or is your definition of putting the USA first
only apply when it comes to using military force?

That's but one of many ways. If that was meant as an insult, you missed the
mark.

Every nation in the
world looks out for its own interests first, yet when the US does it, its a
horrible thing.

Who said that?

The French and German governments and their people, most of Asia (except China
who seem to appreciate and understand our position...ain't that a kicker),
Canada and half of South America.

Perhaps its our current world position, I don't know, but in
the wake of 9/11, we can't afford to worry about anyone ahead of ourselves.

Yes, indeed....9/11 is the answer to everything.

Its not the "answer" to anything, but it sure is a question and your boy Kerry
seems to think it was no big deal and that'll never happen again and we can all
of me.

You're kidding right? Clinton slashed veterans benifits to the bone while
people like you stood by and applauded, now your concerned? Please....

Which benefits did he slash?

The only specific one I can remember (after having a discussion outside the
Flight Medicine clinic with an old B-17 pilot) is that Billary said that if you
were a vet over 65, you could no longer be seen at military facilities and
instead must be seen by a civilian MD using your Medicare.

Secondly, I have never
applauded any cut to VA benefits...no matter who is making the cutting.

Well, you do a great job of defending Billy Jeff and he pretty much cancelled
vet benefits for anyone over 65.

However, George Bush has slashed more VA funding than any president in
recent history.

I find that hard to believe.

By "little vendettas" I'm assuming you mean Iraq, but somehow I think you
supported Clinton when he crafted US national policy on Iraq to be regime
change. What, its OK to write down, but not do it? Hypocrit.

Keywords he "I think"

So you're saying you were against Clinton when he drafted, and passed through
congress the proposed US National Security position that layed out US policy on
Iraq was regime change? If you were against it, congrats, you were in the
miniscule minority.

It's very tired to see right-wing syncophants to George Bush try to
paint anybody who doesn't support them or their incompetent president as
somehow equaling the support for somebody else.

Please, you where your DNC ticket on your sleeve. You complain about both Bushs
without facing what Clinton did. You cast stones at Bush's policies without
admitting many are inherited. You're not difficult to read.

P.S. I'm neither a Republican nor a Democrat, I think for myself. So far I've
voted exclusively for the Republicans since I've been of voting age because all
the DNC could offer me was Dukakis, Clinton and Gore. If Clinton hadn't been
such a terrible CinC I may have voted for him over Dole in '92, but I couldn't
get past what Clinton was doing to the military. I've voted 3 times for Byron
Dorgan. I'm not a real big fan, but for the most part he seems to be able
balance his support for the people in North Dakota with the overall good of the
country fairly well.

When did I say I gave
Clinton any latitude for anything?

Well, you never complained about his slashing of vet benefits, just both Bush
presidents, that tells me your not treating him the same.

I don't look at parties

Riiiight..........

You, however, would do well to heed your
own advice.

I do.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old February 17th 04, 01:45 AM
BUFDRVR

No offence here, but I really do not believe that the self-
interest, alienation and narrowmindness stops at the border,
it continues right inwards.

Narrow mindedness is not an exclusive trait of the American government or
people. There's *plenty* of that in Europe as well.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old February 17th 04, 03:37 AM
D. Strang

Is Bush's open support for the continued off-shoring of American
high-tech jobs to 2nd and 3rd world countries and example of Bush
putting the USA first?

It's not high-tech. What jobs are being lost, are jobs that Americans
don't want to do, and those jobs enrich our trading partners.

If we have all the jobs, who are we going to export to?

I drive by the VA every day, and pick up men who want to work for
a days wage. I never get any disabled volunteers. Standing on the
corner are 70 year old Mexicans, Chinese, and Cambodians. The
one-arm Vets just sneer at us. I picture them going back to the TV
set and sofa. Meanwhile my truck load of workers will each make
$80 tax free as long as I can keep the developers from pricing me
out of business with their zoning buddies... Never, in 30 years, has
a Vet come down the steps to work. Welfare whores I call them.

This will probably be my last year, as a group of lawyers have formed
a committee (sponsored by the city commissioners) to move the farm
zoning lines about 10 miles east of my farm. They say the tractor noises
and farm animals are a nuisance to the surrounding developments, which
even I could never afford.

Old February 17th 04, 03:48 AM
Bob McKellar

"D. Strang" wrote:

[...]

Tax free? No FICA and no income tax? Paid in small bills?

This sounds great! Which IRS section allows such a good deal?

Bob McKellar

Old February 17th 04, 06:04 AM
Michael Wise

In article 60gYb.130$Ru5.40@okepread03,
"D. Strang" wrote:

Is Bush's open support for the continued off-shoring of American
high-tech jobs to 2nd and 3rd world countries and example of Bush
putting the USA first?

It's not high-tech. What jobs are being lost, are jobs that Americans
don't want to do, and those jobs enrich our trading partners.

So all those Americans working in the tech support call centers like
Dell's, HP's, SBC, etc. really didn't want their jobs when they were
fired. Nope, they just volunteered to sacrifice their and their familes'
income, so that some Indian in Bangalore working for 1/4 - 1/5 the wages
could have a good life.

Take off your blinders. These days, the chances are that your credit
apps, health insurance, phone records, etc. are being seen and handled
off-shore.

If we have all the jobs, who are we going to export to?

If we give away all our jobs, how are we going to buy anything?

I drive by the VA every day, and pick up men who want to work for
a days wage. I never get any disabled volunteers. Standing on the
corner are 70 year old Mexicans, Chinese, and Cambodians. The
one-arm Vets just sneer at us. I picture them going back to the TV
set and sofa. Meanwhile my truck load of workers will each make
$80 tax free as long as I can keep the developers from pricing me
out of business with their zoning buddies... Never, in 30 years, has
a Vet come down the steps to work. Welfare whores I call them.

I see. So you are perfectly willing to violate the law and hire people
under the table, because you can work them for peanuts? My guess is you
don't ask them for work papers right...and you are knowingly hire
illegal aliens...while casting names on your country's disabled vets.

You, sir, are a sorry excuse for an American.

--Mike