Cat in plane

Old November 16th 05, 09:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Cat in plane

Jay Masino wrote:
Javier Henderson wrote:
What would you have done in the same situation?

I wouldn't be so stupid as to "experiment" with taking a cat in my plane,
but I would have pushed it away or let it claw me (and take it like a
man), while I landed the plane.

OK, well, if the cat was really mad, I could see how landing would've
been really difficult or maybe even impossible.

Anyway... I haven't felt compelled to take my Siamese in my plane, but
she does like car rides. Maybe she'd like a plane ride. I wouldn't know
though, she refuses to tell me.

-jav
Old November 17th 05, 05:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:04:08 -0500, Javier Henderson
wrote:

Jay Masino wrote:
Javier Henderson wrote:
What would you have done in the same situation?

I wouldn't be so stupid as to "experiment" with taking a cat in my plane,
but I would have pushed it away or let it claw me (and take it like a
man), while I landed the plane.

Depending on the cat, you'd probably end up in the emergency room.

OK, well, if the cat was really mad, I could see how landing would've
been really difficult or maybe even impossible.

I'd experiment in a car, but not an airplane.

People underestimate just how dangerous a cat can be.

One local store had a cat with kittens. She was actually just a little
thing that probably weighed well less than 10#. One guy who hung
around a lot didn't like cats and picked on her a lot. One day he
made the mistake of grabbing one of the kittens which let out a howl.
That little, friendly kitty went right up that guy's left leg digging
in all the way. She left some almost unbelievable cuts going up his
leg and lots of them. They looked like knife cuts several inches long
and they were deep. Just missed the artery in the inside. I'd never
have expected the cuts to be long like that. Deep, yes, but not long.
They had to take him to the emergency room. I think it was over 60
stitches to fix him up. Even a small cat that has gone "over the
edge" would be extremely dangerous in an airplane. You need to wrap
your arms around your head and protect your eyes.

Oh. They managed to stop her before she got high enough to do some
"hereditary" damage, but she only had a few more inches to go.

(What happened to you? Cat bit and clawed me! Say what? Never mind, I
don't want to know)

You're better off to have one get motion sick. A cat barfing and
crapping all over the inside of the airplane is much preferable to
losing your eyes.

*IF* you are lucky enough to catch them by the hide on the back of the
neck they'll curl up and just about freeze, but that'd take a lot of
luck and be like trying to grab a splinter out of a buzz saw without
getting caught.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Old November 17th 05, 12:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Roger wrote:
Jay Masino wrote:
Javier Henderson wrote:
What would you have done in the same situation?

I wouldn't be so stupid as to "experiment" with taking a cat in my plane,
but I would have pushed it away or let it claw me (and take it like a
man), while I landed the plane.

Depending on the cat, you'd probably end up in the emergency room.

That would be fine. Remember, this poor cat didn't *ask* to be taken for
an airplane ride.

--- Jay

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___
Old November 17th 05, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Depending on the cat, you'd probably end up in the emergency room.

That would be fine. Remember, this poor cat didn't *ask* to be taken for
an airplane ride.

So, are you saying that the cat was justified in its actions?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 17th 05, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Jay Honeck wrote:
So, are you saying that the cat was justified in its actions?

The cat was scared to death, and was acting like a cat that was scared to
death. It didn't deserve to be killed.

--
__!__
Old November 17th 05, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Jay Masino wrote:
Jay Honeck wrote:
So, are you saying that the cat was justified in its actions?

The cat was scared to death, and was acting like a cat that was scared to
death. It didn't deserve to be killed.

And yet he ended up being "scared to death" no doubt...
Old November 17th 05, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

In article ,
Roger wrote:

If he want's out he'll stand on
his hind feet and try to open the door, but can't mange to turn the
knob. Reaching it is no problem as he can even reach the dead bolt.
He likes to share and brings me mouse parts every once in a while, but
I wish he'd quite putting them on my magazines before I've finished
reading them.

Prudencia knows ohw to open the doors by pushing them or by pulling them. Once
managed to open a closed door that had a lever instead of a knob, but it
was mostly luck...

--
Eduardo K. | Darwin pone las reglas.
http://www.carfun.cl | Murphy, la oportunidad.
Old November 17th 05, 06:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

In article , wrote:

You may also have to try two or three brands of
tuna to find the one your cat adores. Our cat loved one brand, but when I
went to a different store once and they didn't have it, I bought their cheap
brand. Our cat refused it.

I can tell if I got quality Ham by testing the delay between opening the
wrap and when Insomnio (my other cat) gets to the kitchen.

Old November 17th 05, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

In article ,
Dan Luke wrote:

Sounds a bit like a bigger version of Streak.
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/cat_files/Lunch.htm

Haw! That's a beauty.

Cats crack me up.

Prudencia ends in about half of my pictures... shes always around:

http://www.nn.cl/Fotos/Autos/Huevo/prudequipaje.jpg

http://www.nn.cl/Fotos/Autos/HuevoII.../mP9190030.JPG

and of course, Insomnio:

http://www.nn.cl/Fotos/Gatos/Todos/2004/07/P1010014.JPG

Old November 17th 05, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

In article ,
Roger wrote:

*IF* you are lucky enough to catch them by the hide on the back of the
neck they'll curl up and just about freeze, but that'd take a lot of
luck and be like trying to grab a splinter out of a buzz saw without
getting caught.

About two years ago, a local stray learned how to open the cat door and eat
my cats food. My wife tried to pick him up and cage him and got a nasty cut
that ended up in the ER with stitches and shots... I managed to get him by the
hide, got him inside a cat box and 'relocated' him a couple of miles into
the city.