Does a Baron 58 have an ejection seat?

Old October 16th 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Default Does a Baron 58 have an ejection seat?

"cjcampbell" wrote in message
ups.com...

Jim Macklin wrote:
LOL

BTW, matter transmission as done on StarTrek can NEVER
happen and just because of the Heisenberg (sp) effect.
Einstein's equation works both ways, E=MC^2 means that to
create matter with a weight equal to a person would require
the energy of several thousand atomic bombs, under full
control and without destruction of the mechanism.

The only reason it works on Star Trek is because of the discovery of
controlled matter-antimatter reactions. In the early days it was
difficult and dangerous, but dilithium crystals found on other planets
made control of the reaction much easier. The transporter was
impossible without the crystals,

The transporter on Star Trek works because they were scheduled to start
shooting and the shuttle craft / set wasn't done so they had to come up with
something quick to get up and down to a planet.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old October 16th 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily

Jim Macklin wrote:
Never try to teach a pig algebra, it annoys the pig and
wastes your time.

I was joking. In a former life, I was a physics major.
Old October 16th 06, 11:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Al G[_1_]

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
Never try to teach a pig algebra, it annoys the pig and
wastes your time.

A very old flight instructor, and good friend of mine, used to say:
"Never try to teach a pig to sing, it wastes your time and annoys the Pig."
Not too long ago I saw a sig on one of these groups:"Teaching Pigs to sing
since 1976". I almost hurt myself laughing.

Al G

Old October 17th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Are you sure, does it make a difference?

Another StarTrek NextGen error in logic. Worf breaks his
back, he wants to die because to be saved as a cripple would
be a dishonor. He dies on the operating table but his
REDUNDANT Klingon body heals itself. I may have gotten a
detail or two wrong.

BUT, since Klingons seek death and kill their wounded, how
would nature ever develop a redundant system?

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote in message

| "Jim Macklin" wrote
in message
| But the Klingon's use a small blackhole for power. The
| Federation could just wait a few days and their ships
would
| absorb itself.
|

| No No No... It's the Romulans that use the blackhole for
power.

Old October 17th 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Truth, at last. It is all make believe.

"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk at wow way d0t com
wrote in message
| "cjcampbell" wrote in
message

ups.com...

| Jim Macklin wrote:
| LOL
|
| BTW, matter transmission as done on StarTrek can NEVER
| happen and just because of the Heisenberg (sp) effect.
| Einstein's equation works both ways, E=MC^2 means that
| create matter with a weight equal to a person would
require
| the energy of several thousand atomic bombs, under full
| control and without destruction of the mechanism.
|
| The only reason it works on Star Trek is because of the
discovery of
| controlled matter-antimatter reactions. In the early
days it was
| difficult and dangerous, but dilithium crystals found on
other planets
| made control of the reaction much easier. The
transporter was
| impossible without the crystals,
|
| The transporter on Star Trek works because they were
scheduled to start
| shooting and the shuttle craft / set wasn't done so they
had to come up with
| something quick to get up and down to a planet.
|
| --
| Geoff
| The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com
| remove spaces and make the obvious substitutions to reply
by mail

Old October 17th 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

In a former life I had a life.

Old October 17th 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Humor is the reason I read the newspaper. Dilbert is the
only factual item in the paper on most days.

Old October 17th 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Wanttaja

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:48:00 -0700, "Matt Barrow" wrote:

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
The Force is always with me.

"On second thought, let's not go to Camelot...tis a silly place"

And to combine this with the Star Trek references in other posts in this
thread....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QSaM5gQ9vo

Ron Wanttaja
Old October 17th 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Are you sure, does it make a difference?

Of course I'm sure and of course it doesn't. But this thread that is so
completly OT (and I'm about to make it worse) that it has at least made us
forget about what started it. Not to mention it proves what complete geeks
we really are.

Another StarTrek NextGen error in logic. Worf breaks his
back, he wants to die because to be saved as a cripple would
be a dishonor. He dies on the operating table but his
REDUNDANT Klingon body heals itself. I may have gotten a
detail or two wrong.

BUT, since Klingons seek death and kill their wounded, how
would nature ever develop a redundant system?

I would assume that the Klingons evolved all of there reduntant biological
systems before they created their honor code/religion and that the
code/religion was strongly related to their reduntant biologigal system. The
fact that it makes it so hard for them to die makes doing so, in battle, all
the more honorable.

Old October 17th 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk at wow way d0t com writes:

The transporter on Star Trek works because they were scheduled to start
shooting and the shuttle craft / set wasn't done so they had to come up with
something quick to get up and down to a planet.

I read that the concept was invented just to speed up the movement of
the plot in a one-hour program--otherwise a lot of time would
potentially be wasted with either shuttlecraft movements or take-offs
and landings of the entire Enterprise.