RIP Cessna...Skycatcher

Old November 29th 07, 04:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Aluckyguess

Default RIP Cessna...Skycatcher

Garrmin builds all there circuit boards there. They have ther own factory.

Old November 29th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Nov 29, 9:12 am, "aluckyguess" wrote:
"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

I'd demand my deposit back.

Me, too.

Dang, it's hard to find ANYTHING not made in China anymore. I've
noticed that even many of the books I've been buying lately are from
China now...

So is the Garlic you buy from Wall-Mart.

--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

I grew up in south Central British Columbia, Canada. It's
fruit-growing country. Lately, the orchard owners have complained that
the supermarket chains are importing apples from China. What could
possibly drive that, other than greed?
I wonder if those Chinese apples have pesticides in them that
are banned here? Like lead in paint...

Dan
Old November 29th 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Jim Stewart wrote:
Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
Jim Stewart wrote:

Have you ever flown behind a 912 or a
914? I have never had a nicer engine
in any vehicle I've owned. Smooth,
strong and light, 5 gallons an hour in
cruise, absolutely *no* issues to date.

If you want smooth you ought to fly behind a Jabiru or the poor man's
version the Corvair. 6 is better than 4 for smoothness.

I've heard good things about them and
it's simple physics that 6 would be
smoother than 4. OTOH, my plane wouldn't
be a Light Sport if it had that much
power. The 912 has to be derated by
reducing the prop pitch as it is.

What are you flying?

Old November 29th 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

aluckyguess wrote:
Garrmin builds all there circuit boards there. They have ther own
factory.

Garmin Asia is in Taiwan. Do they also have a plane in China?

Garmin (Asia) Corporation
No 68, Jangshu 2nd Road
Shijr, Taipei County, Taiwan,
Phone: 886 2-26429199
FAX: 886 2-26429099

Old November 29th 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

We are giving our country away and elevating a communist super power with
some of the largest human rights abuse issues in the world. They're taking
our money and making missiles, aircraft and guns to sell to our enemies
while they tolerate software, music and movie piracy. If you dissent you
disappear.

So.... basically all the corporate executives who are making these
decisions to outsource to China are in a sense committing a long,
slow, drawn-out act of treason in return for profit, eh?
Old November 29th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Stewart

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

Jim Stewart wrote:

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

Jim Stewart wrote:

Have you ever flown behind a 912 or a
914? I have never had a nicer engine
in any vehicle I've owned. Smooth,
strong and light, 5 gallons an hour in
cruise, absolutely *no* issues to date.

If you want smooth you ought to fly behind a Jabiru or the poor man's
version the Corvair. 6 is better than 4 for smoothness.

I've heard good things about them and
it's simple physics that 6 would be
smoother than 4. OTOH, my plane wouldn't
be a Light Sport if it had that much
power. The 912 has to be derated by
reducing the prop pitch as it is.

What are you flying?

2006 Flight Design CTSW
Old November 29th 07, 05:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gatt

wrote in message

So.... basically all the corporate executives who are making these
decisions to outsource to China are in a sense committing a long,
slow, drawn-out act of treason in return for profit, eh?

Well, I'd say that commission has been happening for awhile.

China has some of the worst human rights records in the world. Hey, let's
all empower China. With a track record like that, they NEED to be a rival
superpower.

-c

Old November 29th 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

On 2007-11-28 16:36:19 -0800, James Sleeman said:

Come on people, usually I give pilots some accepted base line of
intelligence and reasoning, but it seems it's largely gone out the
window on this one. Chinese manufacturers of CONSUMER products have
had more than thier fair share of problems to be sure, but it's a hell
of a stretch to compare consumer products with aircraft manufacture.

The LSA is a consumer product.

Do you honestly think that CESSNA is going to stake thier name,
reputation, and conceivably risk the entire business by going with an
aircraft manufacturer who would produce shoddy unreliable or dangerous
aircraft?!

Yep.

More so, do you honestly think that either Cessna OR your country's
respective aviation authorities are going to let obviously shoddy
unreliable or dangerous aircraft get anywhere near the hands of Joe
Bloggs the pilot?!

Yep.

Please, at least show some common sense here.

What makes you think that aircraft manufacturers or government
regulators will suddenly start doing any better than they have in the
past?

Cessna have obviously done thier homework, they have weighed the pros
and cons, and at the end of the day, the most effective solution
presented itself.

To decry the aircraft on the sole fact that it will be constructed in
China simply smacks of xenophobia. If you have a criticism of the
aircraft, at least make it something worth criticising!

I think that the fact that the aircraft will be made in a country that
is hostile the United States, whose military leaders have publicly
threatened to use nuclear weapons on our forces, which has possibly the
worst environmental record in history, uses slave labor, supplies arms
and advice to terrorists, has the worst reputation for patent and
copyright piracy, launders counterfeit American currency for the North
Koreans, has shown callous disregard for consumer safety in its
industrial standards, and has a horrible human rights record is
something worth criticizing.

Frankly, Cessna would have done better to have let the contract out to
Satan himself.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Cessna To Build Skycatcher Overseas Despite Cheap Dollar Larry Dighera Piloting 22 November 29th 07 01:04 AM
Skycatcher IFR? Matt Whiting Owning 57 November 26th 07 11:59 PM
Skycatcher to be a import. Gig 601XL Builder Piloting 0 November 26th 07 05:01 PM
Cessna's new LSA: "Skycatcher" Jim Logajan Piloting 107 September 23rd 07 01:18 AM
Cessna's new LSA: "Skycatcher" miffich Piloting 1 July 24th 07 12:04 AM