Fly tight for tight bomb patterns on the ground.

Old August 26th 04, 08:28 PM
Kevin Brooks

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
Subject: the moron, was Fly tight for tight bomb patterns on the
ground.
From: Robert Briggs UCKET
Date: 8/26/2004 10:28 AM Pacific Standard Time
Howard Berkowitz wrote:

Those survivors accounted for the bombs that were loaded aboard Art's
plane.

Again, I'll ask about the overall wartime contribution of someone
clearly not on the pointy end, Constance Babington-Smith. If her name
is unfamiliar, that should be corrected. Or on the very very pointy
end, Noor Inayat Khan or Virgina Hall or Sydney Cotton. Or back at
the ranch, Kelly Johnsom and Barnes Wallis.

And I *do* wonder how much chance Art would have stood without, for
example, the erks who maintained those noisy fan thingies hanging
from Willie's wings ...

I love the guys that maintained the noisy fan thingies that hung from

Willies
wings.
But we went to war. They didn'lt.

Really? Odd in that they seem to have been serving at the same airfields you
were based at, overseas in a time of war--if that is not "going to war",
then one wonders just what kind of strange criteria you apply to that
phrase.

They were all great, everyone of them. We
couldn't have done without them. But they were not of the band of

brothers.
Band of Brothers in the original Henry V context as well as the 101st AB

meant
those who fought the enemy. No one else is included.
And that means you.

Those maintainers who died in the various theaters of operation during the
conflict, sometimes indeed as casualties due to enemy action, seem to point
once again to the fallacy of your odd sense of perception.

Brooks

Arthur Kramer

Old August 26th 04, 09:13 PM
Dave Holford

Mike wrote:

I love the guys that maintained the noisy fan thingies that hung from

Willies
wings.
But we went to war. They didn'lt. They were all great, everyone of them.

We
couldn't have done without them. But they were not of the band of

brothers.
Band of Brothers in the original Henry V context as well as the 101st AB

meant
those who fought the enemy. No one else is included.
And that means you.

Arthur Kramer

A quick question. I assume you volunteered for the air force - you weren't
drafted, were you?

He vounteered so that he wouldn't get drafted and have to fight.

Dave
Old August 26th 04, 09:35 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Mike" wrote in message
"ArtKramr" wrote in message
Subject: the moron, was Fly tight for tight bomb patterns on

the
ground.
From: Robert Briggs UCKET
Date: 8/26/2004 10:28 AM Pacific Standard Time
Howard Berkowitz wrote:

[...]

Actually, he told us a while back he volunteered just ahead of his draft
notice--that was at the same time he told us the Guard was sitting at home
in their armories while he was off to win the war for us (patently false,
since the entire Guard had been federalized some two or three years
earlier).

Brooks

Old August 26th 04, 09:39 PM
ArtKramr

Subject: Fly tight for tight bomb patterns on the ground.
From: "M. J. Powell"
Date: 8/26/2004 1:01 PM Pacific Standard Time
In message , ArtKramr
writes
ground.
From: Robert Briggs
UCKET
Date: 8/26/2004 10:28 AM Pacific Standard Time
Howard Berkowitz wrote:

[...]

There were quite a number of RAF erks, particularly at Manston, who
would disagree with you.

But they can't. They died around the aircraft they were servicing.

Did Stansted get raided much?

Mike

Yup. But we were too tough for them.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old August 26th 04, 09:53 PM
BUFDRVR

ArtKramr wrote:

What the hell do you know about it?

Unlike you I'm aware of how to conduct Air Combat.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"