China to buy Eurofighters?

Old December 9th 03, 05:57 PM
phil hunt

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 17:53:11 +0000, phil hunt wrote:

In England, only about 1/3 of the population
want to be in the EU right now.

Yes, and probably only 1/3 want to be out.

Note that in EB59, in the UK: only 30% say the EU is a good thing
but only 25% say it's a bad thing.

Look it up yourself: it's on page 37, and the EB59 results are
available from:

http://europa.eu.int/comm/public_opinion/standard_en.htm

(Email: , but first subtract 275 and reverse
the last two letters).

Old December 9th 03, 09:46 PM
phil hunt

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 16:58:40 +0000, John Mullen wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...12/09/weu09.xm
l&sSheet=/news/2003/12/09/ixworld.html

Sorry, the page you have requested is not available

This error message may occur for a number of reasons:

* We are unable to locate any more files relating to this subject
* The file may have been moved or deleted because it is out of date
* You may have followed a link from another web site that contains
an incorrect or out of date URL (web page address)
* You may have typed an incorrect URL into your browser
* There may be an error on the telegraph.co.uk site.

If you think there is an error, please let us know by sending an e-mail
to the Webmasters at . Please provide full
details of the referring page's URL and the page you were expecting.

If the web page you require is available on the telegraph.co.uk web site
you should be able to find it by using our search engine on telegraph.co.uk

It worked fro me just now. Do you splice together the URL correctly?

Old December 10th 03, 06:37 PM
Paul J. Adam

In message , Alan Minyard
writes
John Cook wrote in message
Hmmm... Typhoon at least two generations behind the F-22 and
F-35???????, Ok I'll bite.

Get over it. Both the F-22 and F-35 are at least two generations ahead
of the typhoon.

Two generations back gets you the F-4 Phantom and the BAC Lightning...
I'd have thought that the Typhoon was at least some advance on the
1960s.

Both employ significant LO technology and advanced
avionics that Typhoon simply cannot match (or even come close to).

You might want to check the source of many of those avionics, and where
else they are used...

--
When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite.
W S Churchill

Old December 10th 03, 07:01 PM
phil hunt

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 18:37:21 +0000, Paul J. Adam wrote:
In message , Alan Minyard
writes
m...

Indeed. Al's bull****ting. I guess he's either stupid or trolling.

Old December 10th 03, 08:02 PM
Ron

Get over it. Both the F-22 and F-35 are at least two generations ahead
of the typhoon.

Two generations back gets you the F-4 Phantom and the BAC Lightning...
I'd have thought that the Typhoon was at least some advance on the
1960s.

I was thinking it was more like half a generation....Since the F-22 would
probably fall under 5th, and Typhoon, Rafael, and even possibly Gripen, are 4.5
generation.

Ron
Pilot/Wildland Firefighter

Old December 10th 03, 11:05 PM
Paul J. Adam

In message , phil hunt
writes
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 18:37:21 +0000, Paul J. Adam news@jrwly
nch.demon.co.uk wrote:
Two generations back gets you the F-4 Phantom and the BAC Lightning...
I'd have thought that the Typhoon was at least some advance on the
1960s.

Indeed. Al's bull****ting. I guess he's either stupid or trolling.

I'll go for dogmatic and nationalistic. He's not a bad guy at all -
consistent and courteous, just very vehement in some of his opinions.

Old December 11th 03, 04:35 AM
phil hunt

nch.demon.co.uk wrote:
Two generations back gets you the F-4 Phantom and the BAC Lightning...
I'd have thought that the Typhoon was at least some advance on the
1960s.

Indeed. Al's bull****ting. I guess he's either stupid or trolling.

I'll go for dogmatic and nationalistic. He's not a bad guy at all -
consistent and courteous, just very vehement in some of his opinions.

I'd agree. I think dogmatism is a from of self-inflicted stupidity;
basically one is negating the possiblity than one may be wrong. Of
course, everyone is wrong from time to time.