RIP Cessna...Skycatcher

Old November 29th 07, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

Default RIP Cessna...Skycatcher

On 2007-11-29 08:12:52 -0800, "aluckyguess" said:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
I'd demand my deposit back.

Me, too.

Dang, it's hard to find ANYTHING not made in China anymore. I've
noticed that even many of the books I've been buying lately are from
China now...

So is the Garlic you buy from Wall-Mart.

Not the garlic I buy.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old November 29th 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Phil

On Nov 29, 10:02 am, "Gatt" wrote:
"Phil" wrote in message

Eventually Wordperfect lost out in the market to superior products.
Time will tell if this happens to the Skycatcher.

It was purchased and destroyed. Notice how much Microsoft Word looked like
old Wordperfect? Sorta like how Excel looked a lot like the early Windows
versions of Lotus 1-2-3. Buy 'em, make an "update" that turns to product
to total crap and then sell your conspicuously-identical version that
actually works.

Who would do a thing like that?

-c

What I remember about Wordperfect was it had no menus. Everything was
based on keyboard commands. There were competing products with much
better user interfaces, but they didn't have the support that
Wordperfect had. Lots of people bought the inferior product because
of the support. I suspect that's what may happen with the Skycatcher.

Phil
Old November 29th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Yes - I have a name[_2_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

And how much is profit?

That would be selling price minus cost. Maybe you need to check wikipedia
for 'subtraction'.

Old November 29th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gatt

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

To decry the aircraft on the sole fact that it will be constructed in
China simply smacks of xenophobia.

I think that the fact that the aircraft will be made in a country that is
hostile the United States, whose military leaders have publicly threatened
to use nuclear weapons on our forces, which has possibly the worst
environmental record in history, uses slave labor, supplies arms and
advice to terrorists, has the worst reputation for patent and copyright
piracy, launders counterfeit American currency for the North Koreans,
has shown callous disregard for consumer safety in its industrial
standards, and has a horrible human rights record is something worth
criticizing.

Nicely stated.

Do they still abandon baby girls on the side of rivers or eat engangered
tiger penises to give themselves a hard-on? Do they still imprison
political dissidents, spy on their own people or censor the media?

Xenophobia? They're no better than the Soviet Union. At least the USSR
helped win World War II.

Last week I went to the mall looking for work shoes, and literally -every-
pair I looked at was made in China. The last pair I bought there lasted
about six months, but that's not why I didn't buy Chinese shoes this time.
I went home, dug out my old circa-1988 Marine Corps GI work boots, put a
coat of polish on them and that's what I've been wearing all week. Made in
America. They're not pretty but I know they weren't made in some communist
sweatshop.

-c

Old November 29th 07, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Gatt wrote:

Do they still abandon baby girls on the side of rivers...

Only the ones that are lucky or not lucky to be born in the first place.

Old November 29th 07, 07:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

On 2007-11-28 16:36:19 -0800, James Sleeman said:

Cessna have obviously done thier homework, they have weighed the pros
and cons, and at the end of the day, the most effective solution
presented itself.

The most effective solution being the use of slave labor and not having
to comply with any environmental laws? No wonder things are cheaper
when manufactured in China!

Old November 29th 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
. ..
Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

Jim Stewart wrote:

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

Jim Stewart wrote:

Have you ever flown behind a 912 or a
914? I have never had a nicer engine
in any vehicle I've owned. Smooth,
strong and light, 5 gallons an hour in
cruise, absolutely *no* issues to date.

If you want smooth you ought to fly behind a Jabiru or the poor man's
version the Corvair. 6 is better than 4 for smoothness.

I've heard good things about them and
it's simple physics that 6 would be
smoother than 4. OTOH, my plane wouldn't
be a Light Sport if it had that much
power. The 912 has to be derated by
reducing the prop pitch as it is.

What are you flying?

2006 Flight Design CTSW/

That thing is cute! Sorry couldn't resist.

Old November 29th 07, 07:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Stewart

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

Jim Stewart wrote:

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

Jim Stewart wrote:

Have you ever flown behind a 912 or a
914? I have never had a nicer engine
in any vehicle I've owned. Smooth,
strong and light, 5 gallons an hour in
cruise, absolutely *no* issues to date.

If you want smooth you ought to fly behind a Jabiru or the poor man's
version the Corvair. 6 is better than 4 for smoothness.
I've heard good things about them and
it's simple physics that 6 would be
smoother than 4. OTOH, my plane wouldn't
be a Light Sport if it had that much
power. The 912 has to be derated by
reducing the prop pitch as it is.

What are you flying?

2006 Flight Design CTSW/

That thing is cute! Sorry couldn't resist.

I know. My wife was joking that she's
jealous that the airplane gets all the
compliments.

I've described it as the plane Walt Disney
would have designed for the littlest mermaid.
Old November 29th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gatt

On 2007-11-28 16:36:19 -0800, James Sleeman said:

Cessna have obviously done thier homework, they have weighed the pros
and cons, and at the end of the day, the most effective solution
presented itself.

The most effective solution being the use of slave labor and not having to
comply with any environmental laws? No wonder things are cheaper when
manufactured in China!

Exactly. If you just: don't pay your employees anything; lie about using,
say, toxic paint; pirate, copy or steal other people's technology and; kill
anybody who speaks out in dissent, you can save a lot of money.

Money, at the end of the day, is all that matters to most people.

-c

Old November 29th 07, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt W. Barrow

"Gatt" wrote in message

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

The most effective solution being the use of slave labor and not having
to comply with any environmental laws? No wonder things are cheaper when
manufactured in China!

Exactly. If you just: don't pay your employees anything; lie about using,
say, toxic paint; pirate, copy or steal other people's technology and;
kill anybody who speaks out in dissent, you can save a lot of money.

Money, at the end of the day, is all that matters to most people.

At least money in the short-term.

Cessna To Build Skycatcher Overseas Despite Cheap Dollar Larry Dighera Piloting 22 November 29th 07 01:04 AM
Skycatcher IFR? Matt Whiting Owning 57 November 26th 07 11:59 PM
Skycatcher to be a import. Gig 601XL Builder Piloting 0 November 26th 07 05:01 PM
Cessna's new LSA: "Skycatcher" Jim Logajan Piloting 107 September 23rd 07 01:18 AM
Cessna's new LSA: "Skycatcher" miffich Piloting 1 July 24th 07 12:04 AM