US race scoring question

Old April 7th 19, 02:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default US race scoring question

For the GTA race series we base our rules on the SSA Regional Sports Class rules. Since we do NOT fly 6 days in a row but 8-25 days spread out though-out the year. We want to encourage pilots to show up even on marginal days.. At regionals where you are there for a week you will not pack up and leave due to 1 or 2 weak days. But, for a weekend format it helps to encourage people to drive to the event to know that 1000 points are going to be given..

We "un-devalue" days when the scoring program says the highest speed is only worth 750 points for example.

This is the verbage of the one main deviation from Regional Sports Class Rules:
"For a valid day, the standard minimum Task in A class will be 40 handicap miles & need a minimum of 2 pilots competing for 1000 points, if only 1 A class pilot flies/competes 600 points is the max."

This compromise has worked well for many years. A unique situation come up recently were the winner landed out. How would the SSA Regional Sports Class rules handle this? Majorly devalued day? or 1000 points?

We were trying to discuss how to handle it.

Chris