Advice on a Trip from San Diego to Las Vegas?

Old August 16th 04, 02:12 PM
pietro

Hi Shane,

if you are starting from Montgomery Field it would be worth a
couple of dollars and get some on site information from an
instructor.
The Socal ATC are very helpfull even though the area is quite
crowded with military and civil traffic.

It's a great place to fly

Have fun

Pietro

Old August 16th 04, 04:04 PM
Ken Finney

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it, but the August (?) issue of Private
Pilot magazine has an article about flying around Las Vegas that you might
find beneficial.

"Shane" wrote in message
Thanks for all your advice! Especialy those who sent maps, or showed me

how
to get hold of them

I will probably plan a few routes to Henderson, as for an inexperianced
foreign PPL, this looks like the easiest of the options.

Thanks again!

Shane

"Shane" wrote in message
I live in the UK and am considering a trip from the San Diego area to

Las
Vegas at the end of the year.

I'm yet to get my hands on the charts, and being low on hours I was
wondering if anyone had any advice on how easy the trip would be to

make.
or any other relevant advice they could share with me.

I learned to fly in the U.S. so I'm not tooo! worried about that aspect)

Thanks

Shane
(60 hr PPL).