Advice Wanted: Flying to Green Bay for a Packer Game

Old August 11th 04, 04:24 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Advice Wanted: Flying to Green Bay for a Packer Game

I'm flying with my 14 year-old son to Green Bay, WI next Monday, to visit
(the hopefully not frozen tundra of) Lambeau Field, and to watch the Packers
kick the Seattle Seahawks outta town on Monday Night Football. He's never
seen the Packers play, and I've never seen them play at Lambeau -- so we're
both pretty stoked!

To those who have done this befo Any tips? Should we fly into
Austin-Straubel, or is there a better, smaller airport choice?

Is catching a cab to the game the way to go, or would renting a car make
more sense?

Is visiting the Packer Hall of Fame possible during the day, or would there
be 50K other fans trying to do the same thing?

Thanks in advance!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 12th 04, 02:34 AM
Jay Honeck

Need any more tickets? I have a pair I'll let go for face value, $126.00

Thanks, but this is a father-son thing. Although I wish I'd only paid that
much for 2 tickets!

Depends. How long are you staying in town? If you're coming just for the
game it seems silly to me to rent a car and then pay a bundle to park it.

I just talked with an old high school buddy, and he's going to come fetch us
at the airport, AND let us use one of their cars!

:-)

Of course, to me, it's silly to come that far just for the game. Take in
the Hall of Fame. Take in the Neville Museum. Take in the National
Railroad Museum. the City of Green Bay is celebrating it's

sesquicentennial
this weekend, take in the parade!

We're going to be arriving in Green Bay about noon on Monday, taking our
friends to lunch, and then we're free for the day till game time. The Hall
of Fame is a definite must-see (I grew up in Wisconsin during the "Glory
Years" of the 60s -- Vince Lombardi was God, and Bart Starr was the Pope),
and I'd like to make a day trip for the railroad museum another time.

The parade sounds fun -- what day is it?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 12th 04, 05:50 AM
tony roberts

Advice wanted . . . . snip . . .

Save your money for a decent soccer game

Tony

OK OK I'm trying to remember - who was it who sang "Nowhere to Run,
Nowhere to Hide"?

Oh yes - Martha and the Vans . . . Heeeelp

Tony
Go Packers (Just joking - I love baseball

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL
VFR OTT
Night
Almost Instrument
Cessna 172H C-GICE
Old August 12th 04, 01:47 PM
Jim Burns

Hey Jay!
Sounds like you're heading my way. I can't add anything else to what SPM
has said, he's dead on about everything mentioned, includeing Titletown,
very nice homey FBO without anybody "too good" to provide service to us prop
spinners just because their name has "Jet Centre" in it. Also if your son
wants a tour of the FSS, it's right on the field and a fellow instructor
just took a student there last week, so I know it's open for tours. Ask for
Cap'n Jake, he's a hoot.

Jim Burns

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
[...]

---

Old August 12th 04, 04:45 PM
Jay Honeck

Being completely unbiased I'd have to say Titletown Jet Centre. The tall
skinny lad you may see is my son, first day on the job.

Cool!

If he parks my plane, I'll give him a tip, thus ruining his future job
experience as a lineman by instilling false expectations.

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 12th 04, 04:47 PM
Jay Honeck

Save your money for a decent soccer game

I've been saving for one all my life.

Haven't found one yet.

;-0
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 12th 04, 10:04 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

We're going to be arriving in Green Bay about noon on Monday, taking our
friends to lunch, and then we're free for the day till game time. The

Hall
of Fame is a definite must-see

Well, if you arrive about noon and then take your friends to lunch, you
won't see much of the Hall of Fame. It will close at 2 PM on Monday. It's
normally open 9 AM to 6 PM but the hours have to change due to the game.
The other establishments in the stadium alter their hours as well. Curly's
Pub, a fine place for lunch, by the way, will be open to the public 11 AM to
3 PM. They reopen at 5 PM to those with a game ticket.

Old August 12th 04, 10:30 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"tony roberts" wrote in message

Advice wanted . . . . snip . . .

Save your money for a decent soccer game

"Decent soccer game" is an oxymoron.

Old August 13th 04, 04:36 AM
Jay Honeck

Well, if you arrive about noon and then take your friends to lunch, you
won't see much of the Hall of Fame. It will close at 2 PM on Monday.

Thanks for the tip!

I guess it'll be a short lunch.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 13th 04, 05:10 PM
Javier Henderson

"Steven P. McNicoll" writes:

"tony roberts" wrote in message

Advice wanted . . . . snip . . .

Save your money for a decent soccer game

"Decent soccer game" is an oxymoron.

Yep. They're all good or above.

-jav