"Rolling" to ATC

Old February 7th 07, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Tim

Default "Rolling" to ATC

Mxsmanic wrote:
Tim writes:

You're kidding, right?

No. Where's the error? Do you know?

More than one, but one stands out as quite ridiculous. I am trying to
work out a simulation of it right now. More later.
Old February 7th 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Barney Rubble

Nope he speaks for me as well, we conversed beforehand, so"us" is correct.

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Newps writes:

Doesn't matter to us.

You speak for yourself only.

Old February 7th 07, 07:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Mxsmanic

Barney Rubble writes:

Nope he speaks for me as well, we conversed beforehand, so"us" is correct.

Then why are you posting this?

Old February 7th 07, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
dlevy

I don't know why but that is funny.

"Rip" wrote in message
Anthony, why would it be undesirable were you to kill yourself in a
simulator crash?

Rip

Old February 7th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jon

On Feb 7, 3:39 pm, "dlevy" wrote:
"Rip" wrote in message

Anthony, why would it be undesirable were you to kill yourself in a
simulator crash?

Rip

I don't know why but that is funny.

I'm fairly certain why I know why

Old February 7th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

A Lieberma wrote:
Tim wrote in :

You're kidding, right?

(simulating a laugh)

Based on his response to you, clearly never been near an airport :-) nor
does he read carefully, wants it all spoon fed to him.....

Maybe one contacts ground after departure in anticipation for that off
airport emergency landing LOL

Allen

No, not that. They have a ground controller assigned to evaluate
take-offs. If you want his/her critique you must talk directly with them.
Old February 7th 07, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Mxsmanic wrote:

Sam Spade writes:

Where have you heard this?

Listening to ATC.

I have never, ever heard such nonsense instructions.

Maybe you should listen to more ATC.

Here is how it would be done professionally:

"United 123 turn left heading 225, cleared for takeoff."

Next time I hear ATC do it "unprofessionally," I'll be sure to write
them a strongly-worded letter communicating your disapproval. That'll
whip them into shape.

Atta boy.
Old February 7th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Mark Hansen wrote:

On 02/05/07 05:54, Sam Spade wrote:

Mxsmanic wrote:

Thomas Borchert writes:

However, if you ever hear a captain say the "wrong" thing on the
radio, you can certainly call over an FA and insist that she
communicate your displeasure to him, and perhaps he'll look at the
book before he hits the PTT button next time. Most airline captains
are eager to win the approval of low-time GA pilots back in the cabin,
and will even instruct their crews to actively seek out the counsel of
these experts to bring back to the cockpit.

Oh Bull****.

First place, only United Airlines pipes ATC into the cabin. Second, it
is up to the captain and far fewer do it since 911.

Flight attendants are training NOT to take such bull**** from a
passenger to the flight deck.

Good God, Sam. He was yanking your chain ;-\

Yeah, I misread who said what. ;-)