Real Pilots

Old January 27th 11, 10:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.fan.harry-potter
george

Default Real Pilots

On Jan 28, 9:42*am, Draco Malfoy
wrote:
On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:54:51 -0800 (PST), george wrote:
Positive mental attitude as Harry would say, people are still wanting
to learn to fly :-)

Harry Potter? For casting the Patronus maybe, not flying.

No.
It's a quote from an old instructor friend of mine. heard when falling
out the bottom of a failed aerobatic move :-)

Old January 27th 11, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.fan.harry-potter
Draco Malfoy[_2_]

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 14:22:12 -0800 (PST), george wrote:

On Jan 28, 9:42*am, Draco Malfoy
wrote:
On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:54:51 -0800 (PST), george wrote:
Positive mental attitude as Harry would say, people are still wanting
to learn to fly :-)

Harry Potter? For casting the Patronus maybe, not flying.

No.
It's a quote from an old instructor friend of mine. heard when falling
out the bottom of a failed aerobatic move :-)

Oh, well if it makes your friend better, Harry took a dump off his
broom when being chased by the Hungarian Horntail, a very acrobatic
sequence of broomstick maneuvering. Much of fit scud running.
--
The fans rightly adore me !
https://twitter.com/TomFelton
Old January 27th 11, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.fan.harry-potter
VD

wrote:
On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:54:51 -0800 (PST), george wrote:
Positive mental attitude as Harry would say, people are still wanting
to learn to fly :-)

Harry Potter? For casting the Patronus maybe, not flying.

No.
It's a quote from an old instructor friend of mine. heard when falling
out the bottom of a failed aerobatic move :-)

Oh, well if it makes your friend better, Harry took a dump off his
broom when being chased by the Hungarian Horntail, a very acrobatic
sequence of broomstick maneuvering. Much of fit scud running.

Think of it. Full yaw, pitch and roll with no controls!
Old January 27th 11, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.fan.harry-potter
Draco Malfoy[_2_]

wrote:
On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:54:51 -0800 (PST), george wrote:
Positive mental attitude as Harry would say, people are still wanting
to learn to fly :-)

Harry Potter? For casting the Patronus maybe, not flying.

No.
It's a quote from an old instructor friend of mine. heard when falling
out the bottom of a failed aerobatic move :-)

Oh, well if it makes your friend better, Harry took a dump off his
broom when being chased by the Hungarian Horntail, a very acrobatic
sequence of broomstick maneuvering. Much of fit scud running.

Think of it. Full yaw, pitch and roll with no controls!

Think canard without multiple wings and roll by body English. Pitch
and yaw by "stick" pressure.lol
Old January 28th 11, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.fan.harry-potter
VD

wrote:
On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:54:51 -0800 (PST), george wrote:
Positive mental attitude as Harry would say, people are still wanting
to learn to fly :-)

Harry Potter? For casting the Patronus maybe, not flying.

No.
It's a quote from an old instructor friend of mine. heard when falling
out the bottom of a failed aerobatic move :-)

Oh, well if it makes your friend better, Harry took a dump off his
broom when being chased by the Hungarian Horntail, a very acrobatic
sequence of broomstick maneuvering. Much of fit scud running.

Think of it. Full yaw, pitch and roll with no controls!

Think canard without multiple wings and roll by body English. Pitch
and yaw by "stick" pressure.lol

Seriously, there have been several projects where the broomstick was
used as a model, then a prototype, for aircraft. Jet prop of course.
Drones are RCs broomsticks with small wings.
Old January 28th 11, 01:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.fan.harry-potter
Draco Malfoy[_2_]

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 20:00:02 -0500, VD wrote:

Think of it. Full yaw, pitch and roll with no controls!

Think canard without multiple wings and roll by body English. Pitch
and yaw by "stick" pressure.lol

Seriously, there have been several projects where the broomstick was
used as a model, then a prototype, for aircraft. Jet prop of course.
Drones are RCs broomsticks with small wings.

First flights in a Long EZ felt like a broomstick. Then the builder
slapped on a new nose and a larger engine and never mentioned it to
me. The COG changed dramatically and as soon as I pushed down the
runway, I knew this was going to be a different experience.

Old January 28th 11, 01:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.fan.harry-potter
VD

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 20:13:44 -0500, Draco Malfoy wrote:

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 20:00:02 -0500, VD wrote:

Think of it. Full yaw, pitch and roll with no controls!

Think canard without multiple wings and roll by body English. Pitch
and yaw by "stick" pressure.lol

Seriously, there have been several projects where the broomstick was
used as a model, then a prototype, for aircraft. Jet prop of course.
Drones are RCs broomsticks with small wings.

First flights in a Long EZ felt like a broomstick. Then the builder
slapped on a new nose and a larger engine and never mentioned it to
me. The COG changed dramatically and as soon as I pushed down the
runway, I knew this was going to be a different experience.

I thought it was at least bad manners to alter kit build and design?
Old January 28th 11, 01:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.fan.harry-potter
Draco Malfoy[_2_]

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 20:15:00 -0500, VD wrote:

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 20:13:44 -0500, Draco Malfoy wrote:

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 20:00:02 -0500, VD wrote:

Think of it. Full yaw, pitch and roll with no controls!

Think canard without multiple wings and roll by body English. Pitch
and yaw by "stick" pressure.lol

Seriously, there have been several projects where the broomstick was
used as a model, then a prototype, for aircraft. Jet prop of course.
Drones are RCs broomsticks with small wings.

First flights in a Long EZ felt like a broomstick. Then the builder
slapped on a new nose and a larger engine and never mentioned it to
me. The COG changed dramatically and as soon as I pushed down the
runway, I knew this was going to be a different experience.

I thought it was at least bad manners to alter kit build and design?

Tell me about it. Last canard flight ever.
Old January 28th 11, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Brent[_2_]

The nature and openness of usenet is the best and worst thing about it.
Iit truly is one of the last true uncontrolled areas of cyberspace.

For those who like to Fly IFR or Airways and contolled VFR with flight
following in your internet experiences. Usenet will never be your cup of
tea. I like the Chaos and the sheer breadth of potential people the Old
school text groups can draw.

I'm a new pilot but I've been to and from Usenet for 15 years I come
prepared with a private reader and good kill filters. There are some
wonderful people and content and some intelligent filtering cleans it right
up. the group does seem quiet, i only see two threads running right now but
when i first logged on i saw one screamer in need of filtering now it seems
calm here.

That having been said Hi I'm Brent I'm new to the group and a new Private
pilot and New owner of a NON new plane.

"a" wrote in message
On Jan 25, 1:02 am, "Morgans" wrote:
"george" wrote

C'mon Jim. be positive. It's going to get better.

I hope, but I won't hold my breath.

Perhaps the best thing to happen is to have almost 0 posts per day for a
few
months. Then, if we start coming back, perhaps everyone else will have
forgotten about this place. Then, people need to respond only to real
posts, and shun the irrelevant and obnoxious.

No, there I go dreaming, again.
--
Jim in NC

The days of hanger flying here are most likely past, and has been
noted elsewhere there is very limited useful controlled cyberspace in
these newsgroups. When Jay ran a virtual hanger some time ago most
posters knew each other and that led to a mutual respect and civility.
Because social-skills deficient writers use these groups anonymously
the kinds of crap that overwhelms RAP will continue: it's become their
forum. They've succeeded. Or did they? Their audience has become
pretty small.

Maybe they haven't played this so well after all.

See you in a couple of weeks.

Maybe.

Old January 28th 11, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Jan 28, 3:15*pm, "Brent" wrote:

I'm a new pilot but I've been to and from Usenet for 15 years I come
prepared with a private reader and good kill filters. *There are some
wonderful people and content and some intelligent filtering cleans it right
up. *the group does seem quiet, i only see two threads running right now but
when i first logged on i saw one screamer in need of filtering now it seems
calm here.

Welcome to the group Brent.
It livens up every so often and some of us are and were pilots.