Private Pilots Examination

Old February 22nd 05, 12:04 AM
Albert Ng

Default Private Pilots Examination

Hi all.

This is my first post but I have been here throughout my training - great
forum!

I am due to sit my Private Pilots exam soon and was wondering what kind of
questions I should look out for. I'm up to par I think, just want a heads
up.

I have covered:

1 in 60
Prec Search and Emergency procedures
Navigation Error and rectificaiton
Meteorology;

Just wondering what types of questions I might encounter and if there is
anything else I should brush up on.
Thanks.

Old February 22nd 05, 02:17 AM
569

The DPE wants to make sure that you are safe. He wants to be sure that
you can carry passengers safely and that understand the regulations.
Looks for questions about weight and balance, aircraft performance,
airspace, and fuel. Don't be nervous and explain your thaught process
out-loud as you answer. This way if your slightly off, at least he'll
be able to see how you got to that answer.

Old February 22nd 05, 11:39 AM
Cub Driver

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 00:04:00 GMT, "Albert Ng" wrote:

I am due to sit my Private Pilots exam soon and was wondering what kind of
questions I should look out for. I'm up to par I think, just want a heads
up.

My advice would be to get one of the computer test programs and work
at it a couple times a day for a couple weeks not long before the
test.

When you can't bear to do one more repetition, then you are ready

Mine was a DOS program so probably unlike anything available today.
You could program it to emulate the software of the company that was
going to give you the test (this information is available beforehand).
Then you could test yourself just on the questions you'd missed. If
you did it long and faihfully enough, you would have memorized the
answers to every one of the 500? questions on the list.

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum:
www.warbirdforum.com
Piper Cub Forum: www.pipercubforum.com
the blog: www.danford.net
Old February 22nd 05, 02:46 PM
Bob Moore

Cub Driver wrote

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 00:04:00 GMT, "Albert Ng" wrote:
I am due to sit my Private Pilots exam soon and was wondering what
kind of questions I should look out for. I'm up to par I think, just
want a heads up.

Mine was a DOS program so probably unlike anything available today.
You could program it to emulate the software of the company that was
going to give you the test (this information is available beforehand).
Then you could test yourself just on the questions you'd missed. If
you did it long and faihfully enough, you would have memorized the
answers to every one of the 500? questions on the list.

Hmmm....didn't pick-up from his "words" that he is probably not from
the USofA. Then look at his ".au" address.
Here in the good'ole USofA, we don't use "sit for exams" as a common
phrase. Also look at the list of subjects that he has covered, not
the usual things for an American Private Pilot candidate.

Bob Moore
Old February 22nd 05, 08:18 PM

Go to Sportys website and take the free FAA exam. There is also a study
buddy program that is also free and will clue you into the type of
questions asked. I did that and used the Gleim private exam book and
got a "97" today on my written.

http://www.sportys.com/faatest/

Tom

Old February 24th 05, 07:40 AM
Marlbra

Sounds intereesting, any ideas where such software could be found?

Old February 24th 05, 10:01 AM
Cub Driver

Mine I think was from Gleim. It was on a 3.5 inch floppy. I assume
that more sophisticated versions are available now (indeed, I think
that a Windows program was available even then, six years ago).