Ping Nesbitt

Old January 25th 04, 05:21 AM
Ralph Nesbitt

"Tom Mosher" wrote in message
news
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
(Tom Mosher) wrote in
m:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote in message
onews.com...

(running with scissors)
wrote in om:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote in message
clonews.com...

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
. 113.17...

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in
news:0JydnYJ4TPELaJPdRVn-
:

Whom does Knoyle sell his "negative knowledge" services to?

you, apparently.

Knoyle's employment is a "safety of flight" issue, bunyip.

And your alleged employment is a danger in flight issue.

****.

Bertie

and on the ground also.

Not to mention zoologically.

Bertie

What's with Tarver? He's constantly saying that someone should be run
out of the industry or that he'll use his connections to get someone
fired or in trouble with the law.

Simply put, he's an idiot.

Once, I believe, he threatened my employment by saying that he'd rat
me out to Pratt & Whitney who he thought at the time was my employer.

snort! Imagine how that phone call would go..

"Good morning, Pratt and Whitney, how may I help you?"
"Uh, I wanna rat out a bad engineer. A real bad engineer."
"I see I'll connect you to our rat department"
"Oh, is this an 900 number? "
"Excuse me sir?"
(sounds of heavy breathing)
"Uh I want to talk to the guy in charge unless he's a butt licking
Klinonista"
"Yes sir, I'll connect you to our butt licking section"
(more heavy breathing)
"Hello, this is standards, may I help you?"
"Uh, yeah, I want to snithc on one of your people.He pretends to be an
engineer but has no idea what a temerature totalizer is."
"a temerature totalizer? Can you explain sir? I don't know what that is
either."
You know it totals up the temperatures in the cans"
"In the cans? Like beer cans?"
"Yes, beer.Malt liquor, Tarver tea, yellow gold.
wait! no, i mean it totals up the temperature in the engine"
"Really? That sounds like it might be useful if we ever get to the point
where we just have a big red light saying "temperature" on the

dashboard."
"You do have one of those, it's in the EPHIS display, moron!
"Excuse me Mr Tarver, but I'm not going to stand here and be called a

moron
by someone I don't even know!"
"Then you're a negaive genius, moron!

and so on..

Bertie

Temperature totalizer? Did he actually use that phrase?

I've been working in one state and living in another so I don't get to
peruse the newsgroups very often these days.

Tom Mosher

Phil Miller started a "Thread" on the system that measures Intake Air Temp
on T-56 engines used on Hercules A/C based on the manual. Tarver argued the
manual was wrong & the system worked in a different way. Jim Knowle joined
the discussion. Several have posted Tarver was an "Idiot" or similar
inference re his posts in the thread.

The Discussion over Intake Air Temp Systems, combined with Pitot Tubes is
what has got "Tarver/Splaps Boy/Splappy" on the "War Path" after Jim Knowle.

Perhaps Phil can/will give you the exact "Thread Listing". It is good a
enough laugh to make it worth a trip to "Goggle".
Ralph Nesbitt
Professional FD/CFR/ARFF Type

Old January 25th 04, 05:21 AM
Tarver Engineering

"John R Weiss" wrote in message
"B2431" wrote...

The question I have has he ever really been correct about anything

aviation?

Dan, do you remember when you were lying about averaging thermocouples by
shorting them together? You would do well to stick to humor.

Well...

The other day he said something about CAS being "Computed Airspeed", while

most
of us who fly think of CAS as "Calibrated Airspeed"... Even though it is

lesser-used acronym, mainly limited to the Digital Air Data Computer

crowd,
"Computed Airspeed" IS a valid description of the acronym/abbreviation...

Correct? Yes. Useful? Who knows...

ARINC likes Computed Airspeed and I generally go along with them. That way
I end up with certification paperwork the ACO understands.

Not to say that if some military procurement required me to say, "calibrated
airspeed" that I wouldn't.

Old January 25th 04, 05:22 AM
Yeff

On 25 Jan 2004 04:58:49 GMT, B2431 wrote:

The question I have has he ever really been correct about anything aviation?

The question I have is why anybody continues to engage the idiot?

-Jeff B.
yeff at erols dot com
Old January 25th 04, 05:26 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Yeff" wrote in message
On 25 Jan 2004 04:58:49 GMT, B2431 wrote:

The question I have has he ever really been correct about anything

aviation?

The question I have is why anybody continues to engage the idiot?

That is because it is not me that is the idiot.

The irony is rich.

Old January 25th 04, 05:28 AM
Jim Knoyle

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"B2431" wrote in message

My theory is he's just insecure. If he sent my employer anything I have

said in
this or other newsgroup they would laugh since I know my stuff.

Dan, you just finnished demopnstrating you are incompetent in the
thermocouple thread. You also bought into the Knoyle archive troll, which
indicates you are incompetent over a wide area of aircraft and aircraft
related systems.

At no time would I want you anywhere near any airplane carrying any
passenger.

I appreciate your mentioning my name once in a while but
you keep forgetting to mention the url.
http://home.att.net/~j.knoyle/the_ta...hronicles.html

Jimmy

Old January 25th 04, 05:35 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Jim Knoyle" wrote in message

That is because being afiliated with your archive troll is a demonstration
of incompetence.

Here are refutations of the first two sections of the Knoyle "be an idiot
too" archive troll.

"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

"Gord Beaman" wrote in message
.. .
"Jim Knoyle" wrote:

Hang on here a second now Jim, you still need two samples. As Dan
says you need 'static pressure' to read the altitude from and you
need 'pitot pressure' (ram air pressure) as well as the static
pressure to derive the airspeed reading from. Sounds like you're
saying that you can read 'both' from just the 'ram air pressure'
alone. Or did I misunderstand you?

Jim has finally figued out what a pitot tube is, but somehow he still wants
to be correct in his archive troll. It is a great paradox.

I know...ain't life a bitch John

--

-Gord.

Ralph Nesbitt wrote:

Ok educate me. As previously stated my experience with "Pitot Tubes &
Associated Systems" is due fires on Pitot Covers & associated Red "Remove
Before Flight" streamers, plus IFE's due system problems associated with
Pitot Tubes.

We put those covers on pitot tubes to keep the mud bees out, dippy.

Old January 25th 04, 07:16 AM
Jim Knoyle

Ralph Nesbitt wrote:

Ok educate me. As previously stated my experience with "Pitot Tubes &
Associated Systems" is due fires on Pitot Covers & associated Red

"Remove
Before Flight" streamers, plus IFE's due system problems associated with
Pitot Tubes.

We put those covers on pitot tubes to keep the mud bees out, dippy.

So did I once during a labor dispute.
Square that with your statement: ( direct quote )
"No pitot tube silly bunny.
It would be profoundly stupid to put a home for mud wasps on an airplane
flying as much as a 727."

There you go again, bad-mouthing the Boeing engineers.

Old January 25th 04, 08:43 AM
B2431

From: "Tarver Engineering"

"John R Weiss" wrote in message
"B2431" wrote...

The question I have has he ever really been correct about anything

aviation?

Dan, do you remember when you were lying about averaging thermocouples by
shorting them together? You would do well to stick to humor.

Tarver, I never said that. Making things up is not a good way to make yourself
look good.

Let's see if you can find where I said anything even remotely like that. Quote
it for us in its entirety, not with the usual tarver editing.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired