Experience with Sun Tiger sunglasses

Old August 20th 03, 05:19 PM
David Sieber

Default Experience with Sun Tiger sunglasses

Amongst the Soaring Communitity does anyone have experience with Sun
Tiger sunglasses. I saw the ad in Soaring and wanted to cut through
the ad-hype. I would appreciate comments concerning the quality of
them filling prescriptions.

Thanks in Advance.

D. Sieber
Old August 20th 03, 10:03 PM
Jim Vincent

Amongst the Soaring Communitity does anyone have experience with Sun
Tiger sung

I've been using Rx Suntigers for about 3 years now. It took me a few days to
get used to them since everything seems brighter, yet no glare. I still prefer
my Serengeti's for the beach, but I prefer the ST for flying.

My only complaint is they seem a little scratch sensitive, even with the quartz
coating.

Get them, they're great.
Jim Vincent
CFIG
N483SZ

Old August 21st 03, 03:08 AM
Nolaminar

Some types of red lights will appear blue.
Bob Gaines
Old August 21st 03, 03:26 AM
Pete Brown

I got a pair and they performed as advertised except that my
color vision was impaired for as much as half an hour after
I took them off. I am a bit red/green deficient (per my
wife) but my color perception is good enough for a 3rd
class waiver.

Nonetheless, I disliked the effect so much that I no longer
use them.

Pete Brown

--

Peter D. Brown
http://home.gci.net/~pdb/

Old August 21st 03, 03:26 AM
Robert de León

Subject: Experience with Sun Tiger sunglasses

Amongst the Soaring Communitity does anyone have experience with Sun
Tiger sunglasses.

-------
Mine are non-prescription...but they are great.

They do what is claimed: cut down glare and improve detail. Once you get
used to the color shift (they block out the blue spectrum) you will see an
increase in shadow contrast and detail...even in haze. I now pick out ground
reference points easily and see other A/C better at a distance.

The issue of scratching is true as well as be careful with conventional
glasses cleaners. I had a little amount of the coating come off when using a
liquid lens cleaner.

Old August 21st 03, 09:21 AM
Chris Woolley

The only problem I've had is after a few years the sweat gets between the
layers and starts clouding the lens. Apart from that I think they are
excellent for soaring. They certainly highlight the small whisps of clouds
that are difficult to see without them.

om...

Old August 21st 03, 10:48 AM
Doug Hoffman

I wear contacts so I did not need prescription. I've had mine for 4
years and will not fly without them. It's not hype. You really do
see better in all conditions. You will be surprised at how your haze
and relatively low light vision improves (pupils are more open?).

-Doug

Old August 21st 03, 12:12 PM
Dave Nadler \YO\

I've flown with them for years (sadly my current pair are bifocal).
Absolutely true that its easier to see haze domes, wisps, etc.
Highly recommended.
Best Regards, Dave