Henderson field renamed

Old September 12th 03, 05:21 PM
Gernot Hassenpflug

Default Henderson field renamed

Henderson Field is now renamed to Honiara international airport. But
to many, it will always be Henderson Field.
--
G Hassenpflug * IJN & JMSDF equipment/history fan
Old September 12th 03, 06:16 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:

Henderson Field is now renamed to Honiara international airport. But
to many, it will always be Henderson Field.

Happens all of the time.

There are still reminders, though. Orlando International is MCO, from
the days when it was McCoy Field.

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old September 12th 03, 06:28 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Chad Irby" wrote in message

Happens all of the time.

There are still reminders, though. Orlando International is MCO, from
the days when it was McCoy Field.

When was it McCoy Field? It was named McCoy AFB on May 7, 1958. It was
previously known as Pinecastle AFB and Pinecastle Army Airfield before that.

Old September 12th 03, 08:22 PM
Chad Irby

In article t,
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

"Chad Irby" wrote in message

Happens all of the time.

There are still reminders, though. Orlando International is MCO, from
the days when it was McCoy Field.

When was it McCoy Field? It was named McCoy AFB on May 7, 1958. It was
previously known as Pinecastle AFB and Pinecastle Army Airfield before that.

Oops, sorry, I had "field" in my head, and typed on regardless.

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old September 13th 03, 12:33 AM

Chad Irby pounded on the keyboard and wrote:

In article ,
Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:

Henderson Field is now renamed to Honiara international airport. But
to many, it will always be Henderson Field.

Happens all of the time.

There are still reminders, though. Orlando International is MCO, from
the days when it was McCoy Field.

Williamsburg/Newport News IAP used to be Patrick Henry Field. It's ICAO ID
is still PHF

Brian
Old September 13th 03, 04:54 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

wrote in message

Williamsburg/Newport News IAP used to be Patrick Henry Field. It's ICAO

ID
is still PHF

Actually, it's ICAO identifier is KPHF.

Old September 13th 03, 05:04 AM

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .

Williamsburg/Newport News IAP used to be Patrick Henry Field. It's ICAO

ID
is still PHF

Actually, it's ICAO identifier is KPHF.

Incidentally, a great little facility for finding ICAO idents for
airports (or reverse lookups) is at:
http://www.ar-group.com/icaoiata.htm
--

-Gord.
Old September 13th 03, 06:32 PM
Alan Minyard

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 01:21:12 +0900, Gernot Hassenpflug
wrote:

Henderson Field is now renamed to Honiara international airport. But
to many, it will always be Henderson Field.

Ungrateful *******s.

Al Minyard
Old September 13th 03, 07:01 PM
PosterBoy

"Gernot Hassenpflug" wrote in message
Henderson Field is now renamed to Honiara international airport. But
to many, it will always be Henderson Field.
--
G Hassenpflug * IJN & JMSDF equipment/history fan

It must be true...Australian Broadcasting says so, so who are we mortals
to argue?
However, I am summat confused, considering the Sol Islands' PM statement
of August 20, saying that the name Henderson will be retained. His letter
is at:
http://tinyurl.com/n8zh .

Cheers.

Old September 13th 03, 07:26 PM
Guy Alcala

wrote:

Henderson Field is now renamed to Honiara international airport. But
to many, it will always be Henderson Field.

Ungrateful *******s.

Why? It's their country, and just because the U.S. was there for our own
purposes for a year or so 60 years ago, hardly gives us claim unto
eternity. They can call it whatever they choose.

Guy