This is what the D-Day was for...

Old June 3rd 04, 12:20 PM
The Enlightenment

Blanche wrote in message ...
Killfile.

suits me fine retard.
Old June 3rd 04, 11:05 PM
S Green

"The Enlightenment" wrote in message
om...
"Michael 182" wrote in message

news:Kwlvc.41294$Ly.16031@attbi_s01...
"The Enlightenment" wrote in message
om...
David Reinhart wrote in message

And the veterans who landed are going to be excluded from visiting

the
invasion beaches because of the security. The politicians should

stay
home and let the vets have their day.

Almost half a million won't be here next year.

That sounds fair. The European derived races will be halved in less
than 50 years thanks to their victory.

Unintentional but true. This was a war not worth fighting or even
winning.

I think I'm going to be sick...

So you should be. The victory was at the very best wasted in
subsequent years unfortuntely so therefore were all the sacrifices.
Those d-day soldiers (4 of june not 6th as I recall) won't have any
descendents: whites will be a disempowered and possibly despised
minority in most of the west within 50 years, they will almost
certainly still be paying the costs and debilitations of affirmitive
action, they will be demographicaly, culturaly and genetically
effectively non existent in 100 but most certainly "Kurdified": unable
to determin even what their children are taught.

Is that why any of our fathers died? Not from the vets I've spoken
to.

************************

The men of Britain who died in the event known as D-Day risked their
lives
for one simple reason.
Which was:
-----------------------------
To preserve from foreign domination an intensely law-abiding land
whose
people had a strong sense of unity and identity.
These men were willing to die because of a patriotism arising from the
qualities of the land and its people - and also a history of the land
and
its people they all knew about and felt proud about.
-----------------------------
The tenacity and endurance of soldiers and civilians alike, at that
time,
attests to the pride and morale the identification with their country
generated.
Those who took part in the D-Day event and its immediate aftermath had
no
other reasons in their mind but that stated above.
The ideas about saving "persecuted minorities" was one which arose
some
years after the war and was something which they, at the time of
D-Day,
would not have recognised.
-----------------------------
The details of one such person involved in the D-Day landing was given
in
the Daily Telegraph, of Monday May 31st.
It told of Corporal Sidney Bates who, on the 6th August 1944, took up
machine gun and - through a hail of bullets - attacked an enemy
entrenchment
to save his comrades from possible annihilation.
He was seriously wounded three times in the process and died two days
later - at the age of twenty-three.
He was awarded a posthumous VC for selfless action involving
extraordinary
gallantry.
He is buried at Bayeux war cemetery and the inscription on his grave
reads:
"His parents proudly remember him as a true Camberwell boy and a
loving
son."
His parents offered this inscription with the modesty usual at that
time.
What his parents could have rightly added was:
"He died to preserve the people, place and country he knew and loved
so
well; and for which he willingly laid down his life."
--------------------------------------
The Camberwell of today, he would not know.
It is certainly not the one he died to preserve.
The Camberwell Website has a "Local Heroes" section which makes no
mention
of Sidney Bates, VC.
However, it does mention that Jeremy Bowen - who is often seen around
Denmark Hill with his shirt unbuttoned to his waist - has become a
"Gay
Icon" in many magazines who cater for that "community".
Other Camberwell "Communities" mentioned a
The Asian Women's Association.
The African Residents Support Group.
The Bengali Community.
The Black Elderly Group.
(There is no mention of any group which would have - for instance -
been
there particularly to support people like Corporal Bates's parents.)
--------------------------------------
A News Item mentioned the area around Camberwell Station is now a
crime
hotspot and a raid in that area - involving over 90 officers -
recently
became necessary.
--------------------------------------
A nation wide survey conducted by the Sunday Telegraph - directed at
school
children between the ages of 10-14 - indicates that only 28% of them
knew
what D-Day was.
(They most certainly would not know about the Corporal Bates; whom -
it
seems - even Camberwell has now forgotten.)
--------------------------------------
Did Corporal Sidney Bates die for all this?
And was his parents' proud anguish and the pride in the Camberwell
which
nurtured him worthwhile?
-------------------------------------
Why have we made the proud and peaceful places those like Sidney Bates
fought for so alien and crime-ridden they would not know these places
as the
ones they wished to preserve?
Are we, and what we have made of the places they knew, worth their
deaths?
Would those like Corporal Sidney Bates think we are not?
Why have we betrayed the dead of D-Day?
*************************************

Britain involved with D Day - no way. The movie I saw had the US storming
the beaches on their own and marching all the way to Berlin to win the war.

Old June 4th 04, 02:02 AM
Newps

"The Enlightenment" wrote in message
om...
Blanche wrote in message

Killfile.

suits me fine retard.

Very enlightened.

Old June 4th 04, 03:56 AM
John Gaquin

"The Enlightenment" wrote in message

Those d-day soldiers (4 of june not 6th as I recall) .....

Well, glad to see you're up on your facts.

You should get back on your meds now.

Old June 4th 04, 11:21 PM
gatt

"The Enlightenment" wrote in message

That sounds fair. The European derived races will be halved in less
than 50 years thanks to their victory.

Unintentional but true. This was a war not worth fighting or even
winning.

Having been raised by a POW who witnessed the atrocities at KZ Mauthausen
firsthand, saying that I'm offended by this remark is an understatement.

-gattman

Old June 4th 04, 11:24 PM
gatt

"The Enlightenment" wrote in message

Sticks and Stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.

That's what the Lancaster, the Flying Fortress and the Liberator were for.

-c