Relieving in flight

Old January 6th 18, 09:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Relieving in flight

Cindy,

Most women who need the information probably know this site already (so I gather from the X-country women in our club):

http://www.freeflight.org.uk/plumbing/.

A number of alternatives are listed but the cross-country women who fly at our club seem to find the last option listed the most satisfactory - under the heading "In-Flight Toilet for Female Pilots". The German women's Team solution. I understand the gadgets are available from the email address given. Not sure if the price is current. They can be used with bags as discussed or can be connected to a pee tube - dealer's choice.

Generally, this is very much Secret Women's Business (Oz joke).

GC

On Friday, 29 December 2017 07:25:56 UTC+11, CindyB wrote:

Thank you GC for the real data.... I had to contact Omni Medical
and find out more.

This thing should whistle Dixie, Battle Hymn of the Republic or your downloadable choice - Rain by Beatles? Have You Ever Seen the Rain Fogarty?
Maybe Enya - Water Voices.

CSK-2-F-1 or 2 –Female Control Starter Kit Contains:
Female Control Unit, 2-Rechargeable Battery Packs, Charger, Power Adaptor, Training Video, User’s Manual
1 Removable Hose RHA-21B-2-F
2- Drainable Collection Bags 1200mL CCU-10-RU-12
3- IFP-16-2-2 Female Pads
2-FG Female Undergarments and 16 oz Bottle of cleaner (H2O2 3%)

Quote good for 30 days and includes shipping = $2975 USD. (sharp inhale)
They were extremely quick in answering my email.

I know the male version has been used in gliders. Probably the nicest thing
I can say about it is that the container is not transparent. They probably tested it enough to be assured it functions well(for the F-35. etc.). The thing that concerns me the most? Another set of batteries to charge, or get cold and fail. And there's something creepy about electrical contacts that close to me. Probably less creepy for you fellows, again.

Their literature suggests that with good hygiene and peroxide, you can expect to get about five flights or fifteen days from the pads. That backs out to $100 per Aaaaahhhh, at 15 uses.

This thread just won't wilt.

Happy New Year,

Cindy B

Old April 5th 18, 01:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJJ...ature=youtu.be
Old April 5th 18, 02:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I think the best option is Incontinence Pants for adults (nappies). Especially for gliders with "gynecological position" like the DG...
You stay dry.
Old April 5th 18, 02:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 8:57:05 AM UTC-4, Dave Nadler wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJJ...ature=youtu.be

LOL - 6:02 and onward - that made my day! :-)

Uli
'AS'
Old April 5th 18, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 8:40:42 AM UTC-5, AS wrote:
On Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 8:57:05 AM UTC-4, Dave Nadler wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJJ...ature=youtu.be

LOL - 6:02 and onward - that made my day! :-)

Uli
'AS'

Notice how clear it is. Dave is properly hydrated. Be like Dave.

Steve Leonard
Old April 5th 18, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

On Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 8:57:05 AM UTC-4, Dave Nadler wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJJ...ature=youtu.be

Being fairly new to soaring, I've taken a fresh approach to the PP problem. What I came up with is a high velocity, large diameter duct (about 3" diameter). This eliminates the uncomfortable constriction of the external catheter at the input end. A high velocity airflow directs the effluent far away from the plane. For the beta version 1.0, the pilot needs to manually open the vent window prior to relieving. I'm planning to implement a fully automated replacement air damper for Version 1.1.

I borrowed the key technology that makes this work well from our friends in the RC community https://www.motionrc.com/products/fm...w_ wcB#qa-tab

Old April 5th 18, 06:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Here is my response to a skeptical email that I received.

Who is going to cut a 3" diameter hole in their glider for the PP duct egress? Surely you jest.

I forgot to mention in my first post that the PP duct necks down to 1/2" I.D. after the ducted fan. This reduction in diameter increases the velocity of the flow so the P flies even further from the plane.

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fm...AtlsEALw_ wcB
Old April 5th 18, 08:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 1:22:03 PM UTC-4, son_of_flubber wrote:
Here is my response to a skeptical email that I received.

Who is going to cut a 3" diameter hole in their glider for the PP duct egress? Surely you jest.

I forgot to mention in my first post that the PP duct necks down to 1/2" I.D. after the ducted fan. This reduction in diameter increases the velocity of the flow so the P flies even further from the plane.

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fm...AtlsEALw_ wcB

Son - just make sure that the rules committee or CD doesn't catch wind of your modification since it could be considered an auxiliary propulsion device! ;-)

Uli
'AS'
Old April 5th 18, 11:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

On Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 12:13:08 PM UTC-7, AS wrote:
On Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 1:22:03 PM UTC-4, son_of_flubber wrote:
Here is my response to a skeptical email that I received.

Who is going to cut a 3" diameter hole in their glider for the PP duct egress? Surely you jest.

I forgot to mention in my first post that the PP duct necks down to 1/2" I.D. after the ducted fan. This reduction in diameter increases the velocity of the flow so the P flies even further from the plane.

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fm...AtlsEALw_ wcB

Son - just make sure that the rules committee or CD doesn't catch wind of your modification since it could be considered an auxiliary propulsion device! ;-)

Uli
'AS'

At Montague we use the least expensive and most reliable. A Zip Lock Bag out the window with your Phone # on it drop zone Stephen Seagal's ranch.

https://www.hgtv.com/design/celebrit...ranch-pictures

Old April 6th 18, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

On Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 3:37:05 PM UTC-7, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
[...]

Maybe the rules committee's phone #