WX Block, NU Finish, Rain-X

Old December 27th 03, 05:14 AM
TomnKeyLargo

Default WX Block, NU Finish, Rain-X

I have a 2 year old fiberglass top Cobra trailer. When new, I applied WX block,
and used NU finish every 6 months. Half the year it is under cover. Needless
to say the top is weather worn, and the factory gloss is no longer. This
weathering has happen within these 2 years. I believe, since what I have seen,
I would only tie my glider outside only for short periods of time and only
with full covers. The sides of the fiberglass top still have shine to them,
but the top which gets the most sun,.i.e. UV, is the worse. Since wax breaks
down faster than I had thought, I should of waxed more. Now, before it gets
worse, I will have it painted. Clear coats on cars work. I had a Torch red
Vette, and after 3 years had hood damage. The body shop didn't worry about
color matching, they said clear coatings work, and they were right. After the
hood was repainted you could not tell paint fade. They ordered the paint from a
NAPA store and it was mixed per factory code. I have several friends that use
NU finish twice a year, their mid 80"s ASW 20's are fine and have no gel coat
problems. I believe that I need to now wax my wings more often since wax breaks
down quicker than I thought. Rain-X wax has a UV suncreen in it, also several
others. When comparing prices to WX Block which is $ 35 a quart, compared to
Rain-X @ $ 4.27 at Wal Mart, sounds like a better deal to me. Also Turtle wax
2002 has a high UV sunscreen in it also. I have noticed that when in rain,
with the NU Finsh seems the best. Anybody trying Rain-X or Turtle wax 2002???
Tom