OLC Search Question

Old August 3rd 17, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default OLC Search Question

I've been doing some research on best times of year to fly different glider locations. (I understand the data is a bit sketchy because it only covers those that choose to post to OLC.)
Does anybody have a simple way to search flights by aircraft type? I want to see how certain gliders fare during different conditions.
Gene
Old August 3rd 17, 08:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Thursday, August 3, 2017 at 11:40:00 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I've been doing some research on best times of year to fly different glider locations. (I understand the data is a bit sketchy because it only covers those that choose to post to OLC.)
Does anybody have a simple way to search flights by aircraft type? I want to see how certain gliders fare during different conditions.
Gene

Hi Gene - I inquired about that capability last year and was told that it is on the 'To-Do-List' for 2017. I haven't seen any announcements regarding that as of now but the year isn't over. Also, keep in mind that OLC is a volunteer organization...

Uli
'AS'
Old August 3rd 17, 10:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, August 3, 2017 at 1:22:22 PM UTC-6, AS wrote:
On Thursday, August 3, 2017 at 11:40:00 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I've been doing some research on best times of year to fly different glider locations. (I understand the data is a bit sketchy because it only covers those that choose to post to OLC.)
Does anybody have a simple way to search flights by aircraft type? I want to see how certain gliders fare during different conditions.
Gene

Hi Gene - I inquired about that capability last year and was told that it is on the 'To-Do-List' for 2017. I haven't seen any announcements regarding that as of now but the year isn't over. Also, keep in mind that OLC is a volunteer organization...

Uli
'AS'

Thanks Uli:
I'll put in a request with the OLC board and maybe it will become a bit higher priority. Understand the volunteer thing.
I tried downloading data as an Excel file for various parameters (Statistics: Best Flights, Speed, etc.) and hoped the aircraft type would migrate into the spreadsheet but no luck.
Cheers
Gene
Old August 3rd 17, 11:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I too would like that feature. I fly a short-winged glider with lower performance than the typical 15m+ models. It would be good if I could search for flights in similar gliders for comparison. Ideally, not just by exact model, but by range of span, or range of handicap.

OLC Search Question [email protected] Soaring 1 February 18th 13 06:26 AM
AD Search? Roy Smith Owning 3 November 6th 06 10:04 PM
OT - Search engine question Jay Honeck Piloting 17 September 12th 05 01:39 AM
AD search Doug Owning 1 November 26th 04 11:56 AM
search Al Denelsbeck Simulators 3 September 9th 03 03:26 PM