The highly successful UK Junior XC program vs. USA's nonexistantJunior XC program. Why?

Old October 21st 15, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Default The highly successful UK Junior XC program vs. USA's nonexistantJunior XC program. Why?

Andy,

It's been over a year? since an email has gone out from this growth and dev "committee." Maybe more. Not very active from my perspective. When we last had a meeting, I offered to run an SSA booth (4 days) at North Americas largest RC aircraft convention. We tried to sell FAST packages similar to Sun and Fun and Oshkosh. Commendable efforts by all the volunteers at these events. All three were hard to measure but likely slight financial failures, unfortunately.

Then there was the Cloud Street marketing effort. File that one next to let's go gliding?

See my post above. I'm busy with other "projects" now. Happy to help if it gets rolling again.

This junior (and adult) cross country soaring skills challenge should not be in a side committee. We are a nation of pattern clubs giving rides, or giving themselves "rides."

This challenge of cross country skills development (Jr. and adult and clubs) should be front and center with the Charimen and all BOD and officers "hands on deck." Should it not?

If not, what are their top 10 priorities?

Sean
7T

Ten Reasons to Add a Junior Program to Your Glider Club XC Soaring 14 October 9th 14 11:39 AM
E6-B program for HP 15C Chris W Piloting 5 June 12th 05 02:17 AM
L.A.R.K. Program Flyingmonk Home Built 6 April 15th 05 01:23 AM
Program about the B-26 vincent p. norris Military Aviation 1 January 1st 04 01:41 AM
Van's C of G program Ray Toews Home Built 5 September 30th 03 01:20 PM