A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

The highly successful UK Junior XC program vs. USA's nonexistantJunior XC program. Why?

Old October 21st 15, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler
external usenet poster

Default The highly successful UK Junior XC program vs. USA's nonexistantJunior XC program. Why?

Andy,

It's been over a year? since an email has gone out from this growth and dev "committee." Maybe more. Not very active from my perspective. When we last had a meeting, I offered to run an SSA booth (4 days) at North Americas largest RC aircraft convention. We tried to sell FAST packages similar to Sun and Fun and Oshkosh. Commendable efforts by all the volunteers at these events. All three were hard to measure but likely slight financial failures, unfortunately.

Then there was the Cloud Street marketing effort. File that one next to let's go gliding?

See my post above. I'm busy with other "projects" now. Happy to help if it gets rolling again.

This junior (and adult) cross country soaring skills challenge should not be in a side committee. We are a nation of pattern clubs giving rides, or giving themselves "rides."

This challenge of cross country skills development (Jr. and adult and clubs) should be front and center with the Charimen and all BOD and officers "hands on deck." Should it not?

If not, what are their top 10 priorities?

Sean
7T