Fligth Time Calculator

Old September 18th 17, 04:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711

Default Fligth Time Calculator

On Monday, September 18, 2017 at 8:56:42 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Funny Tom, OLC seems to only show the time that they count for scoring for me. IE it shows from release to landing only. I am using the Powerflarm or SN10 for logging so maybe thats why as they dint start the logger until you are moving, and stop when you stop.

CH

Cliff, we are using the OLC "Flight book". When you look on the page which shows the flight trace and scoring details, those times will be different than what the flight book shows.

Best. Tom.
Old September 18th 17, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711

On Monday, September 18, 2017 at 8:56:42 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Funny Tom, OLC seems to only show the time that they count for scoring for me. IE it shows from release to landing only. I am using the Powerflarm or SN10 for logging so maybe thats why as they dint start the logger until you are moving, and stop when you stop.

CH

Cliff, I went to your flight on 9-3. On the details page, the altitude flight trace below the route trace, it shows when you turned on your logger(when the green starts) and when you turned it off(green ends). Those times are what the Flight book shows. You can also see your takeoff time, when soaring started and landing ends time. Do this by moving the cursor line across the chart to check these times and altitude readout of that chart at the top of the chart.

I have 3 loggers, a 302, Powerflarm and ClearNV, all display the same.

Best. Tom

Old September 18th 17, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711

On Monday, September 18, 2017 at 8:56:42 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Funny Tom, OLC seems to only show the time that they count for scoring for me. IE it shows from release to landing only. I am using the Powerflarm or SN10 for logging so maybe thats why as they dint start the logger until you are moving, and stop when you stop.

CH

Cliff, I looked at your flight on 9-3. When the green starts at on the flight detail Altitude chart and green ends at, that should be what the flight book shows. Can you check that?

I went back several year's to when I only used my 302 as a logger and posted my OLC flights with it. It appears that it show's start of takeoff to landing times in my flight book. Now am using a ClearNv logger and it show's power on/off times in my flight book. These times are shown as when the green first appears and ends on the details page altitude chart.
Now am wondering if I adjust the flight time when the OLC first opens the flight, will this new adjusted time be used in the flight book? Hmmm..Will try next time I fly.
Old September 18th 17, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi all,

just a few notes for those of you using the OLC for your flight recording.

The reasons that I do not use OLC for that purpose, is that I don't want to pollute OLC with all the short flights I have as an instructor in the club trainer, which are also done without IGC recording. (I use my other Android app, StartList, for recording those). The response times on OLC can be quite slow already if you hit the German rush hour.

Also be aware, that the OLC time is the "Wertungsdauer" i.e. only that part of the flight that gives you points. So if you start your turbo to get home, that part of the flight is not counted. You have to download the Excel sheet, there the total duration of the flight can be seen.

And back to the purpose of the FlightCalc tool: It is not for capturing your time, it is only to help you summarize those times in the fastest possible way I could come up with. There is no way I can do this so fast in Excel, one hurdle being that I don't know how to make Excel showing more than 24 hours, and I have flown a little bit more than that :-)

Here in Denmark we have to enter these times manually in the plane's logbook and in the pilot's logbook using old fashioned ink, so electronic logbooks is of little help here.

Good flights to all,
Johny
Old September 23rd 17, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Sherrill

To correctly format time differences greater than 24 hours in MS Excel, select "Custom" for the cell format and enter "[h]:mm". Using this format,

9/1/17 9:00 AM becomes 996417:00
9/3/17 3:00 PM becomes 996471:00
and their difference is 54:00.

Cheers
...david

Old September 26th 17, 10:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks David, nice to know. In Denmark it is "[tt]:mm" then.
Johny

J.S.W Calculator--K35 Dave White Soaring 2 February 1st 11 04:15 PM
density altitude calculator and wind calculator on web site and asGoogle gadget Howie Piloting 3 August 5th 07 11:52 PM
density altitude calculator and wind calculator on web site and asGoogle gadget virtuPIC[_2_] General Aviation 0 August 4th 07 05:55 PM
Calculator Phoebus_810 Soaring 0 January 8th 05 05:36 PM
they took me back in time and the nsa or japan wired my head and now they know the idea came from me so if your back in time and wounder what happen they change tim liverance history for good. I work at rts wright industries and it a time travel trap tim liverance Military Aviation 0 August 18th 03 12:18 AM