FAKE NEWS BEING SPREAD about the SGP in Chile.

Old October 7th 17, 06:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711

Default FAKE NEWS BEING SPREAD about the SGP in Chile.

FAKE news is being spread on FB. Also included in the fake news is that I will now not be attending the SGP finals in Chile for 2018.

To make this perfectly clear, I never said that to anyone.

Sean Fiddler is making these posts on FB and needs to make a public apologize for spreading this false, misleading news. I have received emails from friends who have seen his post's wondering if this is true and was alarmed if I was ok.

I was invited on Sept 13, 2017 to attend the Chile SGP and did accept. Nothing's changed. Am attending and even have a crew. Also, just received a email from the contest organizer's about numerous items.

So sad that someone would not speak responsible.

Best Regards, Tom Kelley #711.

Old October 7th 17, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Great to hear you are going to make it.
Should be a lot of fun.
We are all cheering for you and will be watching with envy.
Old October 7th 17, 07:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Yea Tom have an awesome time and race hard! I'm looking forward to watching...
Old October 7th 17, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Whelan[_3_]

On 10/7/2017 11:51 AM, Tom Kelley #711 wrote:
FAKE news is being spread on FB. Also included in the fake news is that I
will now not be attending the SGP finals in Chile for 2018.

To make this perfectly clear, I never said that to anyone.

Sean Fiddler is making these posts on FB and needs to make a public
apolog[y] for spreading this false, misleading news. I have received emails
from friends who have seen his posts wondering if this is true and were
alarmed if I was ok.

I was invited on Sept 13, 2017 to attend the Chile SGP and did accept.
Nothing's changed. Am attending and even have a crew. Also, just received a
email from the contest organizers about numerous items.

So sad that someone would not speak responsibly.

Best Regards, Tom Kelley #711.

Hmmm...were I forced to bet there's truth and accuracy on at least one side of
the above-alleged situation, my money would be placed on Mr. Kelley's side.
Since I doubt Mr. Kelley could pick me out by name from a police line-up,
long-time readers of RAS can probably guess the reasoning underlying my
hypothetical bet...

Real classy (not!).

Bob W.

P.S. As others have already said, have a ball in Chile!!!

---
http://www.avg.com

Old October 8th 17, 11:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jon Gatfield

At 18:35 07 October 2017, Bob Whelan wrote:
On 10/7/2017 11:51 AM, Tom Kelley #711 wrote:
FAKE news is being spread on FB. Also included in the fake news is that

will now not be attending the SGP finals in Chile for 2018.

To make this perfectly clear, I never said that to anyone.

Sean Fiddler is making these posts on FB and needs to make a public
apolog[y] for spreading this false, misleading news. I have received

emails
from friends who have seen his posts wondering if this is true and were
alarmed if I was ok.

I was invited on Sept 13, 2017 to attend the Chile SGP and did accept.
Nothing's changed. Am attending and even have a crew. Also, just

received
email from the contest organizers about numerous items.

So sad that someone would not speak responsibly.

Best Regards, Tom Kelley #711.

Having spent most of yesterday helping to put a glider in the containers
for you, you'd better be going Tom!

Old October 9th 17, 02:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I havent spoken with Sean in a couple of weeks. I think he took down his post. I dont know if he just assumed you werent going or believed you were not going for some other reason. He may have had some bad info (and should have just asked you directly). I also wonder if he was frustrated and chose not to go because he couldnt get similar arrangements. In any event, it would be nice if he clarified his statements. I know he and Tiffany put a lot of work into hosting the only 2 SGP 's in the U.S. to date. I am suprised he would intentionally put out disinformation.

Regardless, all the best to you Tom. I hope you have the contest of your life there!

Best regards,
Chris Schrader