USA armed URSS to keep down Europe

Old October 19th 03, 06:21 PM
IO

Default USA armed URSS to keep down Europe

How about "lend lease" convoys to Murmansk during the war. They fistly armed
Hitler and after Stalin to destroy Europe... USA is the worst enemy of
Europe...

Old October 19th 03, 07:01 PM
Keith Willshaw

"IO" wrote in message
How about "lend lease" convoys to Murmansk during the war. They fistly

armed
Hitler and after Stalin to destroy Europe... USA is the worst enemy of
Europe...

Pray tell what leap of logic leads you to the
assumption that the USA armed Hitler.

Was the Panzer Mk III built in Detroit ?

Did the Flak-88 originate in Pittburg ?

Are you brain dead ?

Keith

Old October 20th 03, 01:42 PM
Stephen Harding

IO wrote:

How about "lend lease" convoys to Murmansk during the war. They fistly armed
Hitler and after Stalin to destroy Europe... USA is the worst enemy of
Europe...

Hamburg, Germany, a favorite stopover port of US merchant mariners taking
ships loaded with Lend-Lease war material for the USSR to Murmansk.

While there, they could warm up, buy extra cold weather gear, and have a
few brauts and beer provided by friendly merchants of the city, before
continuing northward on their war supply missions.

After the war, the US refused to take "no" for an answer from Stalin, in
regards to Marshall Plan reconstruction aid, and instead *forced* military
supplies into Russian ports against the will of the government, with the
hope that a Cold War would rage for the next century, making Europe dependent
on US largess.

The plan almost worked! If only the Cold War could have lasted a few more
decades. We could have been the masters of Europe!

SMH
Old October 20th 03, 09:23 PM
Michael Petukhov

"IO" wrote in message ...
How about "lend lease" convoys to Murmansk during the war. They fistly armed
Hitler and after Stalin to destroy Europe... USA is the worst enemy of
Europe...

Close, very close to reality. Let's them kill each other for the sake
of US. Right!!!

Michael
Old October 21st 03, 06:58 AM
B2431

I ran out of smileys quite some time ago and have never replenished.

SMH

Ok, just park me in a corner and increase my medications. I didn't catch that.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired
Old October 21st 03, 07:19 AM
Stephen Harding

B2431 wrote:

I ran out of smileys quite some time ago and have never replenished.

Ok, just park me in a corner and increase my medications. I didn't catch that.

Hmmm, "park". You know Dan, that reminds me.

Were you aware of the "Parkas for Oil" component of Lend-Lease?

It allowed the US to provide oil to Nazi Germany in exchange for parkas for
the Murmansk run.

Now this extremely important component of the war effort was responsible for...

Hey, found one! But this is really the last! ;^)

SMH