more aircraft selection for FS2004

Old April 11th 06, 03:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Default more aircraft selection for FS2004

The basic selection of aircraft for FS2004 is... well, basic.

I managed to pick up a Zenth Zodiac XL.

I'm looking for other options, particularly higher performance
single-engine cruising airplanes. The Mooney is OK, but are there any
others available?

TIA,

CV

Old April 11th 06, 11:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 21:56:04 -0500, Cal Vanize
postulated :

The basic selection of aircraft for FS2004 is... well, basic.

That's the reason the net is full of add on aircraft for free and fee.

I'm looking for other options, particularly higher performance
single-engine cruising airplanes. The Mooney is OK, but are there any
others available?

Google is your friend.
Old April 12th 06, 01:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

There are lots of sites with free aircraft available at a variety of
sites. Most require free membership, some require paid, and some give
you better download speeds etc if you do pay. Some also have news and
message forums. Some of the most popular sites:

www.avsim.com
www.simviation.com
www.fs2004.com
www.suclaro.com
www.simouthouse.com

There are many more.

There are also a lot of commercial vendors who sell addon aircraft and
scenery. I won't list these but you'll find them on Not too long ago
there was a survey on the AVSIM forums regarding the quality of the
aircraft..

Old April 27th 06, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Cal,
There is a TON of free add-on aircraft at www.flightsim.com. You have to
register, but registration is free. I get 90% of my add-on aircraft,
scenery, and utilities there.

Randy L.

--
"When making an emergency off-field landing at night, turn
on the landing lights just prior to touchdown. If you don't

Old April 28th 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Hi,

Another choice is www.avsim.com (the File Library)

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson