WEHT Virtual reality headgear?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 1st 03, 10:33 AM
Revvin

There are 3D glasses available here (http://www.edimensional.com/) but not
sure how well they work for all games, some people who have tried them with
a few of the online flight sims I have played say that it somehow distorts
the crosshair making it uplayable and can make you sick but for some games
(I think Grand Prix LEgends was one that was mentioned) the glasses worked
really well, this was all a while ago so they may have improved it somewhat.

For motion tracking I use a TrackIR (http://www.naturalpoint.com/) it works
really well for IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles as that sim has built in
support for the device although you can use it in other sims that have a
mouse look feature. It's when a game has dedicated support this really
shines, it never looses it's centre position..infact I've got up, made a
drink then sat down and it's still found the centre position. It also has
built in support for MS FS2004 (and 2002 I believe) and more games such as
Lock On will support this device. It really increases the immersion to be
able to glance up over the canopy frame and lag pursuit a con or to glance
over to your wing or instrument panel with small movements of your head. I
don't use my joysticks top hat switch in IL-2 anymore.

"Dave Labatt" wrote in message
news
Remember this was the big trend in the early 90's? I remember going to

Vegas
and seeing a huge line of people waiting to play the original Wolfenstein
using a head gear. It sucked by the way. But there were tons of demos

where
they said this was the next big gaming trend. You'd think by now they'd

have
something really impressive.