FS2004 tail draggers - no rudder pedals - what do I do??

Old August 15th 03, 02:25 PM
Hogarth Kramer

Default FS2004 tail draggers - no rudder pedals - what do I do??

Ok, I think the new planes in FS2004 are awesome, but as a person with
a CH yoke and no rudder pedals, how do I get them off the ground?? I
have auto-rudder enabled in my realism settings, I've tried
differential braking, all to no avail. I just can't seem to get these
things to turn while on the ground, and many of the "canned" flights
require ground steering to get to the runway. Am I missing something
other than the $100 of discretionary (aka money the wife doesn't know
about) income it would take to buy some rudder pedals?
Old August 18th 03, 05:43 PM
Hogarth Kramer

It must have been auto-rudder that was killing me since I already
tried using yoke buttons for the rudder to no effect. I'll give it a
try once I can get the durn thing re-installed (really blew it up
fooling around with configs).

"Quilljar" wrote in message ...
Uncheck auto rudder. That is doing you NO favours at all!
Then go to the Joystick assignments menu and assign a couple of your buttons
to left and right rudder then Bob's yer uncle. If you already have all your
yoke buttons asigned, then let a couple, say, flaps or trim revert to the
keyboard.
There is always a work around for these problems.